What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush F1 Regular Tester seeds

mtntrogger

Veteran
Hello all Bubba and Verdant fans out there. It is with great pleasure and honor that I start this thread that I have wanted to for so long ! First Off A huge thanks to Verdant Green for choosing me to test out seeds from this special, long awaited by many project. I am very gratefull ! In fact, it was my search for the best , most true Bubba genetics available in seed form that led me to be a member here and my first stop was Verdants Bubba s1 thread. I was really inspired by the whole "private breeder" scene and Verdant was the first to draw my attention to it. Thanks again VG ! So these seeds where made when VG obtained the rare Katsu Bubba (Thanks Stash) in seeds form (not from stash) and used the males to pollinate his (pre 98) Bubba Kush mum. :):dance013: So these seeds shouldnt have any fem/reversed genes. I am especially excited because I have been growing a very similar cross lately with great results, the Rare Dankness OX , However the Ox was also crossed with Djs blue moonshine , so not a pure Bubba line as this is. A few months ago my Ox mom died, but not before I was able to pollinate a clone and make the f2 gen , which I decided to attempt a few of side by side with these "Regular" Bubba seeds. Out of respect for Verdant I thought it best to do a separate thread documenting the Ox f2 grow, as to not muddle up things. I welcome all to join ! Thanks for watching... I am looking forward to the show myself

mtntrogger

Veteran
First look

First look

So I got 10 of these test seeds and soaked 8 (I always reserve a couple) in distilled water, on last Monday night. By wednesday a few tails had appeared , I went out of town for a day or 2 , when I came home I noticed that the small tails were now about an inch long. So I planted them (7 of 8 have popped) into Fox farms light warrior seed starter soil. This has worked really well for me, but not that cheap. I watered all with distilled water only. Again, I have had the best luck when using distilled H20. I put them in a freshly sterilized grow box (homemade) under T5 lights on a heat mat, They all broke the soil within hours ! So heres a couple of shots to get it going.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 49

mtntrogger

Veteran
update

update

So the lil ones are at about a week old now, I noticed that a couple seedlings are showing a bit of purple on the leaf vein . A bit pointy tipped leaves too.

mtntrogger

Veteran
BubbaUpdate

BubbaUpdate

Now we are starting to see a bit more growth and phenotype variation. Its getting exciting to see the differences. The first pic shows 2 different pheno types (most are a mix/blend of characteristics) but the more dramatic examples are shown this shot. One with very wide leaves, darker green color, rounded at the tips and very tight nodes, and the other is a bit more pointy leaves,not as wide leaves and a bit more stretchy and lighter color as well. the other pics are of the entire batch of bubba's. 7 in total , first pic has 4 second has 3. I also included one showing the entire box with Ox counterparts. Enjoy ! cant wait to see what next week brings

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 41

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mtn they are looking good, it will be cool to see how that variation plays out as the plants get bigger and flower!

mtntrogger

Veteran
20 days

20 days

The bubba plants look interesting and are full of promise ! All are either 19 or 20 days old (from germination) . Today I assigned #'s to each individual pheno. Monday they will be up planted, so by next saturday we should see a nice lil pop again. Most appear similar with a couple of shorter wide leave phenos and a couple of taller more slim leave phenos.

Attachments

• IMG_20150523_194852955.jpg
    IMG_20150523_194852955.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20150523_194821577_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150523_194821577_HDR.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20150523_194720727.jpg
    IMG_20150523_194720727.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20150523_194635941_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150523_194635941_HDR.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 37

mtntrogger

Veteran
groupie

groupie

One last group shot next to the ox seedlings of the same age. After monday they will be in different box/cabs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150523_195216064_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150523_195216064_HDR.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 35

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think mtn called it F1 because its a first generation cross of the two bubba kush types.
i guess its impossible to say for sure that the katsu cut and the pre-98 bubba cut are different phenos of the same genotype, or indeed the male bubba pollen that katsu procured.

strictly speaking F1s should be a hybrid of different types.

it'll be interesting what range of plants the test grow turn up. F2s may also be worth exploring for wider range of phenos... but if this is a good cross and it has some vigor then i would guard against inbreeding it too much because lack of vigor is what most people drop the pre-98 bubba for.

VG

mtntrogger

Veteran
Right on the nail Verdant. I am aware of the technical definition of F1, the designation helps me keep track of things and is more for me. Since I work with seeds and clones, when you start getting into higher generations and have multiple plants from different generations it can get confusing. I do the same with clones i.e. C1, C2 ... I like to keep track of as much as possible. NOT being 100 percent certain that these 2 (katsu and pre 98) are from the same genotype I have to assume this is a F1 generation til can be proven otherwise

mtntrogger

Veteran
pop mode !

pop mode !

These Bubba plants are showing some promise ! My observations indicate that these grow with more vigor than the Bubba S1's I grew from verdant, and with more than the Ox strain as well. Definitely more stretch than either of the aforementioned . This time around I took shots of the 7 plants, with 2 per pic, and the #7 pheno (runty) by itself. I am headed out of town for the next week so my next update will be a few days late, However I am certain that several of these will have shown pre flowers and will be ready for topping/cloning when I return. Probably about 3 weeks from flipping, But I always wait until there are pre flowers.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 38

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool stuff! yeah i have always heard that tha katsu cut has more vigor/yield than the pre-98, but the general consensus seems to be that the pr-98 is slightly better smoke.

i hope you get a girl from 3 or 4... 3 looks slightly nicer in the pics but 4 probably more likely to be a girl.

Latest posts

Latest posts