What's new

Colorado Prepares to Set Average Prices

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
unprocessed? does that mean not dried either? lol,i dream of getting 1800 for a wet untrimmed pound!

Texas Kid

Those are the minimum prices solely for state tax rates, has nothing to do with quality at all..and you can sell it for much more but that is just the minimum rate the state will except in taxes...if you get $2400 or $2600 your still responsible for the tax at the same rate applied to the price your selling it at

TK

TimeKeeper

Decrim by itself is pretty half-assed. Decrim weed has to come from somewhere, somewhere illegal, and that's the problem. Illegal growers & importers are not known for necessarily being scrupulous about much of anything, certainly not what goes into their product.

Part of what legalized weed offers is a healthful product, free of dangerous pesticides, fungicides, growth regulators & so forth. There's no way to tell with street weed. OTOH, Colorado regs disallow an enormous list of chemicals in the production of weed, similar to regs about food production, which can't be a bad thing. Obviously, that's imperfect, I'm sure, but it's a move in the right direction.

Unlike Washington, Coloradans can also grow their own quite anonymously, a whole different level of decrim. Doing that, one can be certain what went into it, which can't be a bad thing, either. Not everybody wants or has what it takes to do that, so they'll just buy it, like beer.

I wish that part about legalized weed being a healthful product was true. There is so much crap being sprayed on the weed right now that it is downright shame. The list of disallowed chems is a joke. Most chems on that list have been banned on the federal level for years and are not even available in this country. The big problem is uneducated/lazy ass growers who take the short term solution and spray any time they have a pest problem. Floramite, Avid, Eagle 20...etc are being sprayed by unlicensed and untrained people instead of implementing a solid IPM program and doing the right thing. The mandatory testing that will go into effect in May will test for contaminants like mold but I doubt they will be testing for pesticides and the like. As far as I know its a bit more complex to test for the chems and their byproducts. The CO department of Ag is dropping the ball on this and at the very least should require a commercial applicators license to apply pesticides, just like any other business.

The ONLY people that should be upset at legalisation are those that currently make a living by ripping off the public, charging an obscene amount for something that can be grown at home for pennies on the gram. "Ohhhhhh", they'll wail, "but the Budweiser of weed will come along and ruin things with crap low quality product that THEY'LL SPRAY WITH SHIT"

To be fair, that is exactly what happened after the repeal of alchohol prohibition, isn't it? As soon as production was legalised and regulated, people started going blind from the booze they were drinking (unlike the incredibly pure and clean product produced by the bootleggers). Wait, hold on...

C

CaliGabe

Decrim by itself is pretty half-assed. Decrim weed has to come from somewhere, somewhere illegal, and that's the problem. Illegal growers & importers are not known for necessarily being scrupulous about much of anything, certainly not what goes into their product.
If it were truly decriminalized it's not criminal anymore and it's all legal. There would be no limits on the amount you could grow, buy, carry, etc. It would be just like tomatoes. What are the restrictions on tomatoes? Recreational, the way CO has it set up, is not decriminalized IMO.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] can anyone sell weed in Co? [/FONT]
I've got 3 friends in CO and all have 'key badges' meaning they can legally grow and sell to dispensaries. None do though lol. It all goes out of state cause they can get a lot more. The CO guys in the thread can clarify things better. I've potentially got a non-canna gig lined up in CO starting in May and if I decide to take it first thing I'll do after getting residency will be to get a key.

For shits and giggle I called a dispensary in CO about a gig as they were adding a few shops and once the guy found out I was not a CO resident and did not have a 'support badge' he said he couldn't talk to me.

buttbrain

You know..they can say WHAT they want but LEGALIZATION in whatever form is STILL legalization!!! They guberment toss's ya a bone.. THAT MO FO!!! :D :D I'm SURROUNDED by legalizationing (not a real word :D) states.. and would GLADLY take anything offered.. we can work out the freakin DETAILS LATER!!! :D :D
BBrain

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
If it were truly decriminalized it's not criminal anymore and it's all legal. There would be no limits on the amount you could grow, buy, carry, etc. It would be just like tomatoes. What are the restrictions on tomatoes? Recreational, the way CO has it set up, is not decriminalized IMO.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
I've got 3 friends in CO and all have 'key badges' meaning they can legally grow and sell to dispensaries. None do though lol. It all goes out of state cause they can get a lot more. The CO guys in the thread can clarify things better. I've potentially got a non-canna gig lined up in CO starting in May and if I decide to take it first thing I'll do after getting residency will be to get a key.

For shits and giggle I called a dispensary in CO about a gig as they were adding a few shops and once the guy found out I was not a CO resident and did not have a 'support badge' he said he couldn't talk to me.

Having a "key badge" does NOT mean you as an individual can grow and sell cannabis to anyone or even dispensaries for that matter. It simply means you have been backgrounded and cleared for a management position in the medical industry in CO. However, being an "associated key" you are then a dispensary owner to some degree. As an associated key using your MMC as the transfer facility and your OPC as the producer you may "manifest" or transfer sell up to 30% of your on hand inventory to another MMC only! I'm afraid you have been seriously misinformed by your 3 key badge buddies.

-MGB

Last edited:
C

CaliGabe

Having a "key badge" does NOT mean you as an individual can grow and sell cannabis to anyone or even dispensaries for that matter. It simply means you have been backgrounded and cleared for a management position in the medical industry in CO. However, being an "associated key" you are then a dispensary owner to some degree. As an associated key using your MMC as the transfer facility and your OPC as the producer you may "manifest" or transfer sell up to 30% of your on hand inventory to another MMC only! I'm afraid you have been seriously misinformed by your 3 key badge buddies.

-MGB
Thx for the clarification and appreciate it. One friend helped set up the guidelines for the county he is in and got all of my information from him.

Just called him and he said that a 'key badge' holder can sell to one dispensary so basically they are a contract grower for that dispensary. I've always understand a dispensary can purchase up to 30% of their volume from a 'legal' outside source. An 'associated key' holder can sell to multiple dispensaries.

Please define 'management position'. Serious question. What are things a manager can do in say a dispensary that a regular employee can't. It was my understanding that you need a 'support badge' to work in the business in CO.

C

CaliGabe

Didn't mean to clog this thread. I was talking to the wrong person regarding the key issue and got a call into him.

Also a friends lady owns a dispensary and will talk to him. I know they put their in house growers on salary at $750 a lb.

Got a friend with backing to do a CO2 extraction facility and just helping him figure which state might be best.

buttbrain

Kinda funny... how do you set an "average price" for something that can vary from ditch weed to one hit chit? :D :D prayers sent.

C

CaliGabe

It simply means you have been backgrounded and cleared for a management position in the medical industry in CO.

I'm afraid you have been seriously misinformed by your 3 key badge buddies.

-MGB
I could not verify that there's anything such as a 'management position' which requires something different than being a 'regular' employee.

Yes 1 friend gave me some bad information yet did confirm someone he knows that owns a few dispensaries does buy some material off the street. From everything I've found out yes that's not kosher.

Thx for the kick in the butt as I did get a lot of things clarified from talking to people actually in the biz in CO.

Latest posts

Latest posts