What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks zomboy, got a couple of new pics here. they smell very much like chem d to me with perhaps a slightly diesel-ey edge

i guess we are 7-8 weeks in and these buds are an impressive size already for a 1gallon pot

picture.php

close up of same plant
picture.php

and another plant.
picture.php

VG

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Thankyou to VerdantGreen for the opportunity to test his Chem D x Chem 4D.

Five seeds were germinated just over three weeks ago, all five were put straight into organic seeedling mix and surfaced within three days.

All looking pretty uniform and growing along healthily. Apologies for the slight yellowing of the lower leaves on a few, they were left in their initial pots for a bit too long but have recovered well.

Once they're all big enough to take a few cuts from I'll get them into flower. Can't wait.

Yours are coming along very nicely VG and DET, looking forward to your updates.

Peace

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great stuff piff, those are coming along nicely. only very slight yellowing... you should have seen mine 2-3 weeks into flower after i had to go away and couldnt re-pot them. its about the latest ive potted a flowering plant on but the recovered very well.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good DETS!

im looking forward to seeing how they do under a big light. im certainly surprised by the size of the colas on mine and they are still swelling.

VG

Thanks VG.... Flowering thats where the magic happens...lol lets see how they turn out i seem to be pretty good at making them push weight...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
herb, it was an awesome piece of selection!

DETS i think these are going to be great yielders. the C4D in itself was a big pull, hopefully the C4DD will be just as good but maybe a week off the flowering time.
here we go, all three girls i got from 6 seeds popped.
they pong of Chem, sweaty socks, the works.
picture.php

picture.php

this one a bit more foxtailed
picture.php

but very frosty still!
picture.php

VG

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey VG - superb looking plants. You sure do have the touch and for certain the right handle. Doesn't get much more 'verdant green' than those ladies!
I think you're on to something a bit special here - subbed!
Stay safe & happy growing :tiphat:

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Real nice VG. That second one reminds me of some stardawg phenos the way the calyxes have stacked and swollen.

Any idea how long they're likely to go?

Peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks iffy, tbh these havent been given ideal conditions, they stayed in their smaller pots (that i used to sex them in) for a good couple of weeks too long and looked pretty bad at the point of re-potting, but they pulled themselves round and really flourished after a re-pot.

hey piff, hard to be exact because its difficult to call exactly when flowering started... but i reckon they will be somewhere between 9 and 11 weeks.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
have any more shown yet DETS? heres hoping you get some girls!

meanwhile, i harvested mine today, and even though the tray of buds is placed right under the intake for my cabs and carbon filter.. my bedroom stinks of sweaty socks! seriously smelly weed and very close to the chem D smell.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this was the shortest one of the 3.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
macro of 3
picture.php

plants one and two got a bit of a stress test when i folded the stems to reduce the height a little. they werent actually that tall, pretty squat plants but i like them all to be the same height.. thats scroggers for ya ;)
picture.php

picture.php

VG

W

willyweed

very nice pics i have one of these cuts at the moment the c4d , any advice on the feed etc would be very welcome.all the best willyweed

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
VG,

Can you describe the difference in smells between these and the Chem D clone? (It was the actual clone with the bad leaf patterns? Or was it a clone of a rez ibl?)

how do they smell when dry?

How strong is the smell? (Smell it through the bag?) (Smell it through the jar?) (airvac and jar required?)

How "smelly"? if it was in your pocket and you were out and about? (reek up an airport terminal?)

Concerning smell it is all relative. Consider it as a baseline. I've heard some great things concerning JJ's version of "c4d" (the infamous stardawg) and it's smell. I've even chanced to smell it in veg. It was strong.

Can you post any dry shots?

Other future release plans? (need more beans to sort through. pheno hunt. / Male hunt.)

Last edited:

SourDank

Veteran
have any more shown yet DETS? heres hoping you get some girls!

meanwhile, i harvested mine today, and even though the tray of buds is placed right under the intake for my cabs and carbon filter.. my bedroom stinks of sweaty socks! seriously smelly weed and very close to the chem D smell.

View Image
View Image
View Image
this was the shortest one of the 3.
View Image

DANK AS FUCK...those look amazing man, I definitely hope u make some crosses with these genetics

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
VG,

Can you describe the difference in smells between these and the Chem D clone? (It was the actual clone with the bad leaf patterns? Or was it a clone of a rez ibl?)

how do they smell when dry?

How strong is the smell? (Smell it through the bag?) (Smell it through the jar?) (airvac and jar required?)

How "smelly"? if it was in your pocket and you were out and about? (reek up an airport terminal?)

Concerning smell it is all relative. Consider it as a baseline. I've heard some great things concerning JJ's version of "c4d" (the infamous stardawg) and it's smell. I've even chanced to smell it in veg. It was strong.

Can you post any dry shots?

Other future release plans? (need more beans to sort through. pheno hunt. / Male hunt.)

Verdant?