What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Piff, yeah i'm quite excited about this cross. im hoping that the leaf streak thing will be less prominent, and we end up with something like the Chem D with a bit of the bulk of the chem 4.
on the bubba cross you've read my mind... if it looks like a good parent in this cross then bubba is first on the list for another cross.

also have a couple of other things in mind for the Chem D......

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right, here are my 5 plants, ive kept them quite small and let them get a bit hungry.. and no sign of the leaf variegation thing on any of them as yet.
flipped them to flower today, they will have to stay in 1gallon or so pots but it should give us an idea of what to expect.

picture.php

picture.php

VG

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Nice one mate, looking slightly more varied than your bubba cross but that's to be expected. Still pretty uniform though in terms of structure and height.

Excited to see what will come of these ladies.

Peace

theherbalizor

Veteran
Nice to see finally some offspring of my male I held for 4+ years. Stinkiest male I have ever had.

My mate did an accidental cross of him to the killa queen. All turned out very good with quite a few chem d dom ladies.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
look like nice healthy little plants!

thanks for the up date DETS!

VG

Im thinking about jumping the N levels up..... VG let me know what you think??? they could be a little darker green..... Any ideas?????????

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey DETS, they look pretty happy to me. perhaps they could be darker but both the parents are more on the mid/loght green side. that said they can take fairly high nutrient concentrations so you could perhaps try a touch more....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got a couple of pics of mine, they are looking good, will describe the smells next time

3 plants but some pics were crap so i only have two of them here
picture.php

picture.php

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
The resin sure looks impressive man.
How different are they from the mom.
Looks like the male can be a winner :woohoo:

Aardwolf

Your plants always seem to be full of vitality and lovely and healthy VG. The outstanding commitment and dedication devoted to your garden is evident in the pics you post dude. k+

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks gov, hard to say yet how much of the Chem D is coming through

herb! thanks for checking in mate, and many thanks yet again for making this project possible, its looking like a good male selection atm. the plants are really filling out day by day. The darker green of the 4d seems to have come through in the progeny for sure. also none of the streaking/marbling even though they went really hungry before the re-pot at around 2 weeks in.

Aardwolf, thanks for the kind words, tbh the plants looked pretty bad a couple weeks back but its interesting to see how well they've recovered after a re-pot.. even though they were 2-3 weeks in.

i'll try and get more pics up soon they are growing by the day.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if they arent branching much on their own then topping them might be a good idea at this point. they look happy - good start DETS!

Thanks VG I'm finishing up ghost og, tmc, grape stomper, after the ghost comes out there taking there place..... Should be soon.....:smokeit: