What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NPR Planet Money Story on shipping weed to the east coast for fun and $$$

MIway

Veteran
White boy ranch grows... Lol

Why would that guy do an interview? Gotta be ego

Chuck...u on the mag bro? ;-)

bluepeace

Good find! I know I'm pretty stoned but when she ask the cop why he does his job at about the 7ish minutes to go mark I found his answer damn simple to mine!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of peeps been doing this for years.......but it has risk's just depends on how much risk you want to take on.

NPK

I love the story just for the phrase "white boy rancher." Gotta laugh at their conclusion that the black market is more profitable than the quasi-legal one. So THAT'S why it gets shipped out of state! :thinking: :pimp3:

supermanlives

Veteran
sounds about right. didn't hear it all tho. I got hash cheaper back east then here in cali tho. made quite a few crosscountry trips in my younger days.

NPK

Despite the obvious premise--that the black market is more profitable than the legal one--there are some interesting factoids in the story: for example, the lawman's estimate of 30 dirty parcels in one hour, one dirty package in fifteen going out of UPS and FedEx facilities in Humboldt County. I assume that applies to the US Postal Service thereabouts, too.

Also, this observation is right on: norcal flowers are "just" a commodity around here, but back east, they're a brand with clout.

saluki

ICMag Donor
Silk road has been doing this for a while on the deep/dark web. Haven't seen any talk regarding SR on here.

Silk road is the online market place for illegal drugs. Search Silk road, you need to download the onion network/tor browser firefox bundle and have the distinct link. Buy BTC bitcoin the online currency used and you're set. The website acts like an escrow service where as you only release the funds after you receive the product. It is a good system which protects both the seller and buyer. All communication is encrypted.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
what, maybe 1% of what is grown in Cali stays in Cali

everyone came there from somewhere else, where people smoke, but don't have stores they can go to