What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1 release info!

Gdood9

wow, five to one person, a tad bit greedy are we?

Im glad you left the one I managed to get alone then, thanks verdant green.

I never knew there was that much variation in s1 femmed seeds :joint:

Quick update on my "greed", abirdintheair. Half the plants ended up weak or runty, some were a cabbage patch, the other half were each pretty different phenos. Some looked like pre 98, some had leaves as thin as sativas. I'd say my purchase of 5 packs was pretty smart, not greedy.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did you take any pics Gdood9 ?

never seen a sativa pheno or heard one reported, not really seen or heard of a great deal of variation either, i havent grown huge numbers of these but all that i have grown were very close to the pre-98 cut. i would agree that the vigor isnt that great and its the same with the cut... but after you get it dialled in its a LOT better - it needs plenty of root space as it stops growing pretty much as soon as the roots hit the side/bottom of the pot. sidebranching is much better from cutting than seed also.

got what should be a nice big new batch of S1s cooking atm - they are probably ready by now but will give them a couple more weeks just in case. i should post a pic of the plants there are two in a 7 gallon trough and they look awesome - scrogged of course ;)

VG

Gdood9

I've got a couple in flower right now that I'll get pics of. They're in 10 gals of coco, I don't believe root space is an issue. The sativa looking pheno flowered out like an indica, just not as big and fat of leaves as I'm used to with bubba. I had a cabbage pheno that had fan leaves bigger than your head. Vigor was 50/50. Some blew up, some hit a foot tall and that was it...nothing. Still haven't hit the smell I'm looking for or color but I've got a couple more seeds to pop so hopefully I'll find my keeper. I don't mind grabbing a few more packs either. I'm not complaining either as I'm not one of those people that think you're gonna find a keeper in 1 pack. I've gone through 50+ seeds at a time just to find that one special girl before. The two phenos that I am keeping for now I'm decently happy with but I know there are some gems in there to be found.

Gdood9

Let's play a game. Which is the bubba fan leaf, which is the wifi fan leaf?

picture.php

Q

quokka

I don't think that Bubba leaves are in the same league as Deep Chunk leaves, for example.......

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats true quokka, for saying most of the bubba traits are 'indica', its leaves are not that broad, which many think is a sign that there is some sativa in there.

Gdood, thanks for posting that, presumably the narrow leaf is a bubba and if so thats defo the narrowest leaf ive seen in a pre-98 S1! the bubba leaves tend to get quite narrow in flower but fairly broad in veg. would love to see pics of that plant or any others you have! im very interested in the bubba genotype and a recent grow i did with a more katsu bubba line did throw some fairly 'sativa' traits from the F2s

not sure what smell you are looking for but the coffee/insense kush smell of the pre-98 has bred very true in these S1s by most accounts - moreso than any bubba crosses ive tried. just been looking at the pics in the main S1 thread and nearly all the plants look very similar to my pre-98 cut.

VG

Gdood9

I used to have the pre 98 clone when I lived in California so I'm quite familiar with it. Coffee and chocolate are what I'm in search of. My pre 98 clone definitely had much wider leaves but like I said, the s1 still flowered like a typical indicia, just thin leaves all the way from veg to flower. Still stacked like bubba and stayed short(relative to my 6 foot tall wifi's haha), little bit more stretch than the other phenos, fairly dense foliage, internodal spacing is fairly compact as should be but definitely not as compact as I remember the clone being. So overall the traits are still dominant from the indica, but definitely showing some other traits are in there. I know finding an exact copy of the clone will be very difficult but I think with a few more packs i can find it.

I will post up more pics probably today or tomorrow. I took a couple cell phone pics but we all know how those turn out. I need to get my better camera back today to get some real shots.

You would be correct in your guess of the leaves too. Bud is definitely frosty and will certainly be good on the best phenos, just not quite the clones traits.

Gdood9

picture.php

Still stacks like an indica, and had to clear out some foliage hence the less mature shaded buds on the bottom right but skinny leaves for what I remember. Gonna reveg this girl and run her again.

Latest posts

Latest posts