What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

most amount ever hot boxed

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hotbox

1. hotbox -

A hotbox is an air-tight room or vehicle that contains one or more pot-smokers smoking one or more joints. The exhaled smoke and the smoke coming from the joint, unable to escape, circulates and thus is breathed in and is not wasted. Smokers in a hotbox may find themselves totally fucked beyond the point of speech after about 30 minutes. Hotboxing is an event that requires some amount of planning, but ensures optimal weed usage.

so usually I get a blunt or two going among two to five heads in a car. I'd say about 3 out of the five people always jump out cuz they can't take the heat. But there is always a couple of stones who can just hibernate in the haze of ganja greatness. one such friend met up and had an oz of decent buds that really could be used for anything...we contemplated using it for butter or hash but then came to conclusion that burning it all up in a hot box single session would be the most memorable thing to do. But how does someone burn an entire oz that quick? well we rolled some blunts and then we designed a method I call 'camp firing' yeah nice term. basically we took the majority of the grinded oz put in a huge glass pyrex bowl and took a butane torch to it while rotating with tongs. If I had heard this story before actually being there I'd say waste of weed...but waste it was not and faded we were..I think I passed out and woke up in the box still super hazed..kinda reminded me of that block head stone after eating really strong canna butter. but yeah that was a pretty good hot box session. I know some people have burned more than that, I've seen growers burn way more than that between friends in a session. So whats up IC? where u at

****NOTE:: MY BAD, forgot to note, driving and smoking is stupid and we never do that, would never do that any more its obviously dangerous not worth risk. This car happened to be parked on private property and had no intention of being driven that night.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Damned dog musta ripped one...sorry honey

Damned dog musta ripped one...sorry honey

I thought you were talking about something else...

Carry on :dance013:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
back in the day...we would drive around in a car full of smoke. the driver would never hit the pipe, but i now know he was more than a bit blazed all the while. We would never roll the windows, and thinking back now, it must have been one of the first instances of tinted windows...pyrex bowl and butane torch indeed...:smoker:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'll never know how we didn't get pulled over while 'marathoning' in Marc's '59 Impala, it was the late 70s early 80s. We would light a joint for every stoner in the car as we cruised from one bar to another.

There'd be no talking our way out of trouble if we got pulled over, that friggin' car reeked.......

D

darkhorse

it was always the sting in the eye,s from the smoke that made me bail out.

ZEROorDIE

used to do this all the time in my little 2 door integra. thing would fill up so quick.

dont smoke that many blunts now.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Yeah driving and smoking is really dumb. I remember doing it though. Because we were idiots we thought it was safer to keep the windows up so other cars couldn't smell us, and we'd roll down the window on the highway or whatever to let the smoke out so we wouldn't look conspicuous.

Worked like a charm. 4 teenagers just chillin at a redlight in a car filled with smoke. Who would suspect anything? We were just lucky we didn't get caught.

But OP seriously that is one of the dumbest things I've read on IC in a while. You convinced a friend to put AN OUNCE of weed (A good ounce is worth at least $300 dollars even in Cali) into a pyrex bowl and burn it with a torch so you and your friends could sit in a car and inhale it?

No offense but I don't believe you. (1) Nobody but a 17 year old would even come up with an idea like that (2) That is the kinda thing 17 year olds lie about (3) why would your friend burn 300+ dollars of his pot in one night for free with you? (4) What kinda high school kid or his friends have $300 dollars to burn in one night? (5) I'm sure you'll claim to be an adult but what kinda adult has 4 other adult friends who would sit in a car and burn an ounce of weed with a blowtorch?

Sorry but it just doesn't add up. If you ever actually have an ounce of weed I suggest you smoke it, and not burn in all up with a blow torch. My .02

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
i haven't hot boxed anything since i was a dumb kid in high school. everyone is dumb at the age and doesn't think they will be caught. surprisingly enough i never was but somehow should of been the way we acted. these days i smoke at home and am way past trying to hot box a room and shit like that.

hot boxing an ounce of weed that you already claim to be mediocre is fucking dumb. a good memory to me is a couple hits off some killer shit and i am done for. not hot boxing an ounce of mediocre shit like a bunch of clowns and claiming its the best thing ever. also who puts it all in a pyrex glass and uses a blow torch inside a car? are you idiots? this is really one of the worst ideas i have ever heard. you decided to burn it all instead of taking the bud and making butter???? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!
making food is the least you can do with shitty bud.

DaPurps

I used to hotbox cars with bluntz in High School. Even still we weren't dumb enough to drive around and do it.

That is a cool story. My eyes always burned too....

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
ive never really gotten into hotboxing. for one i dont like sitting in a smoky vehicle, smoking.

if i have a cig i crack the window, if i'm parked i put it down. if im smoking weed, if it's not too cold out i put the window down enough to blow all of the smoke out.

i just dont like it.

i will do it though, if i'm not the one funding it all, or if the night calls for it, or if we're just smoking blunts all night and want to keep the windows up for the novelty of sitting in a car filled with blown out weed smoke.

if the smoke isn't in or about to be in my lungs, i dont want it.

also i would never burn an oz in a night. it's hard enough being broke and buying an 8th for 60 and trying to make it last 2-3 days.
however, i'm not good at conserving. if i had an oz right now, half of it would be gone in about 4-5 days, and the rest would last me quite longer than that, but probably only because i'd smoke more to myself. the only times i smoke my weed by myself is if i can't chill with my friends, and i ALWAYS smoke my/their weed when i chill with em.

i also call shenanigans on this story though.
If I had heard this story before actually being there I'd say waste of weed...but waste it was not and faded we were..
how is it not a waste? you smoked an ounce in one night because you thought it would be memorable. that's cool, i understand that. what was the occasion? birthday? friend gettin out of jail, gettin out of the military, etc? oh, no, you just happened to have an ounce of weed and you were like, oh my god, so much weed, need to torch the fuck out of it and get high once.

uhmmm

:/

EastFortRock

When I was a kid we put a friend in the trunk of a car to sneak a cigarette. He beat on the lid after one minute and said he felt like he was going to die. Hot boxing sounds like a good way to irritate your eyes and stink up your clothes.

had a 1995 ford ranger.....4 people smoking in that thing for 20min would make it so there wasnt enough O2 to strike a flame on a lighter. Thats some boxing

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
shit Im 26 and still hotbox cars on a regular. usually while we parked. This is Cali mind u, we all got a couple ounces ta burn ;)

Yeah driving and smoking is really dumb. I remember doing it though. Because we were idiots we thought it was safer to keep the windows up so other cars couldn't smell us, and we'd roll down the window on the highway or whatever to let the smoke out so we wouldn't look conspicuous.

Worked like a charm. 4 teenagers just chillin at a redlight in a car filled with smoke. Who would suspect anything? We were just lucky we didn't get caught.

But OP seriously that is one of the dumbest things I've read on IC in a while. You convinced a friend to put AN OUNCE of weed (A good ounce is worth at least $300 dollars even in Cali) into a pyrex bowl and burn it with a torch so you and your friends could sit in a car and inhale it?

No offense but I don't believe you. (1) Nobody but a 17 year old would even come up with an idea like that (2) That is the kinda thing 17 year olds lie about (3) why would your friend burn 300+ dollars of his pot in one night for free with you? (4) What kinda high school kid or his friends have $300 dollars to burn in one night? (5) I'm sure you'll claim to be an adult but what kinda adult has 4 other adult friends who would sit in a car and burn an ounce of weed with a blowtorch?

Sorry but it just doesn't add up. If you ever actually have an ounce of weed I suggest you smoke it, and not burn in all up with a blow torch. My .02

driving and smoking is really dumb. we wouldn't ever box like that in a car while driving thats just suicide. First thing is, you don't have to box a car, you shouldn't box a car you plan on driving any time soon.
true a good o goes for bout 300$. this oz was not a 300$ oz..this was like lower branch buds from local outdoor that still would get your eyes itchy and red. The pyrex bowl was a way stoner move but if you saw the setup it wasn't half bad. We never black out torched the buds, it vaped them, then you take a break and stays lit and burns itself quite well like in scents.

No offense but I don't believe you.
I've seen fatter sessions of weed that were way more stupid and ridiculously fun..why is this so hard to believe?

(1) Nobody but a 17 year old would even come up with an idea like that
it worked and I'd do it again

(2) That is the kinda thing 17 year olds lie about (3) why would your
friend burn 300+ dollars of his pot in one night for free with you?

300oz is way off the charts for this bud, but hey I've had friends that would burn more with me and the group than an oz...who are you?? come on I'm a nobody I know some peoples on here have gotta smoke way more than I do...

(4) What kinda high school kid or his friends have $300 dollars to burn in one night?

high school kids? young but not that young. Don't have much cash either but we just have access to weed. california hard to believe i know.

(5) I'm sure you'll claim to be an adult but what kinda adult has 4 other adult friends who would sit in a car and burn an ounce of weed with a blowtorch?

Some very high adults officer...don't have to be such a buzz kill man. it was stupid yes, but hey we weren't driving, we had the means to do it so hey enjoy the ride...

car was parked on private property and had no intention of being driven that night.

i haven't hot boxed anything since i was a dumb kid in high school. everyone is dumb at the age and doesn't think they will be caught. surprisingly enough i never was but somehow should of been the way we acted. these days i smoke at home and am way past trying to hot box a room and shit like that.

hot boxing an ounce of weed that you already claim to be mediocre is fucking dumb. a good memory to me is a couple hits off some killer shit and i am done for. not hot boxing an ounce of mediocre shit like a bunch of clowns and claiming its the best thing ever. also who puts it all in a pyrex glass and uses a blow torch inside a car? are you idiots? this is really one of the worst ideas i have ever heard. you decided to burn it all instead of taking the bud and making butter???? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!
making food is the least you can do with shitty bud.

We smoke at home as well..no reason to be anymore dumb than we usually are. yo we were hot boxing weed, it wasn't that bad, whats the issue here? I love killer weed, I can smoke the kind all day but I appreciate other ways of smoking too. if we were driving it would kill it and be lame but this was a stationary event. This was simply a fun thing to do relatively safely without much money...

This is what really bugs me though...weed is soooo expensive that people just can't fathom smoking it like it really should be used...if it was the same price as parsley or rosemary like it should be you'd smoke oz's a week so i don't want to hear that crap.

M

meowman

I see no reason not to hotbox in a car with an ounce of weed, if one desires to do so and has the weed. Perhaps try to make airtight a shower cabinet next time, would save you quite a bit of weed, hence more hot box sessions! Use duct tape to seal off, if necessary.

As to edibles, perhaps this guy is European and prefers smoking instead of eating ;) haha

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I admit in the old days we smoked in parked cars often enough there was a resin line where the window sealed with the door that could be seen when the window was rolled down. It was not uncommon for us to go through 1/4 of shwag weed per person. Of course it was full of sticks and seeds though.

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt that you aren't lying. But to smoke it with a blowtorch in a bowl and just inhale it like incense is still a really bizarre and wasteful thing to do though.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
This is what really bugs me though...weed is soooo expensive that people just can't fathom smoking it like it really should be used...if it was the same price as parsley or rosemary like it should be you'd smoke oz's a week so i don't want to hear that crap.
most of us grow our own here. if anyone is like me they grow more than they can even smoke. i could burn through high quantities of bud if i thought it was necessary but i still think its dumb. no one will ever be able to convince me that putting an ounce in a pyrex bowl and torching it is a good idea. now i have no problem using an ounce for some cannabutter or something like that, but i'm not going to start wasting my product just because.. get real.

I admit in the old days we smoked in parked cars often enough there was a resin line where the window sealed with the door that could be seen when the window was rolled down. It was not uncommon for us to go through 1/4 of shwag weed per person. Of course it was full of sticks and seeds though.

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt that you aren't lying. But to smoke it with a blowtorch in a bowl and just inhale it like incense is still a really bizarre and wasteful thing to do though.

see you know whats up. There is def some killer brick (or some call it shwag but its not all bad)..1/4oz per head of even decent mexi is fun...I still get surprised by the upper highs of good border weed. Its good and bad but we don't see as much of this california as years back...but it can still be had

it sounds wasteful but if I time lapsed video was taken you can see that the space ship was sealed, set to bake and left none to waste

toasted1

when i was 16-17 we would do that down in south fla
there was a crew of 16 year old kids they would get 50-100# packs of "mids" good green pine smelln brick few seeds an oz could sell for 200 + an zip it would come in seald coffie cans u had to open with a can opener :D they would bring a body bag stuff'd with cans to my boys house id go there and help em break the shit down to zips while breakn it down we'd take a qp of the shake/small nugs from breakin it up and roll it up in half o blunts there was 8 of us and each had a blunt :yes: we'd then cram into his bathroom wich was like 8x4 with the skylight put wet towles under all doors and every1 light the blunts at the same time :smoke out: it got so fogged in that room u could barley c the cherry of the blunt u was smokin and u didnt know if u was gettn really high or bout to pass out from lack of o2 :cool: there was only 3 of us outa the 8 that could stay to the roaches :D

it was a real fuckn fun shit to do when we had it :dance013: im mid 30's now and if i had 50-100# sittn in the room with me now id call up a few of that crew that i still talk 2 and do that shit again in a heartbeat :smoke out:
if ya got it why the fuck not have fun with it ? :biggrin:

stay safe
:smokey:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
used to like hotboxin in high school..but hate that shit now. roll the fuckin windows down! the most i can remember doing was four people in a sedan, each smoking their own blunt. i remember the car being so smokey and i was so high damn near had a panic attack because i couldnt breathe. had to crack the windows and get some fresh air....