What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kandy Kush wins Cannabis Crown in Colorado

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Colorado's Cannabis Crown was a major success with a local strain given top honors.

The medical marijuana in Steamboat Springs is tops in Colorado. And that’s not just blowing smoke.

Local dispensary Rocky Mountain Remedies won top honors for the best strain of medical marijuana at the inaugural Western Slope Cannabis Crown in Aspen during the weekend.

The Kandy Kush strain, grown in Steamboat, beat out entries from 140 other participants and won the growers a trip to the 23rd annual Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam this November.

Kevin Fisher, who owns the business with Ryan Fisher, no relation, said the strain is particularly beneficial to patients with nausea and pain and that it acts as an appetite stimulant.

The strain, a cross between four other strains, was developed in cooperation with gardener Ray Thomas.

Kevin Fisher said that unlike many “specialty strains” that have flavors such as coffee or fruits, the Kandy Kush tastes like, well, marijuana.

“It has a real stinky, dank flavor to it,” Kevin Fisher said.

The Cannabis Crown, held at The Gant in Aspen on April 17 and 18, hosted about 3,000 medical marijuana cardholders for networking and seminars, Kevin Fisher said.
The full story is here.

C

CANNATOPIA

Nice ta Know I wondered if this was a real strain. TY & Good Post!

poking smot

It's an in house strain at the dispensary down the street from my house. Tastes really kushy and makes your mouth water. The smoke is heavy and hits you fast. :bow:

H

humboldtlocal

Kandy Kush won 1st place at the Emerald Cup in Mendocino last December. The guy who won got his clone from Good Karma Growers. Must be some good stuff.

2Lazy

DNA Genetics/ Reserva Privada has a Kandy Kush also, I just finished growing a skunk cross of it. So my Kandy Kush is a three way cross of OG Kush, Train Wreck, and Skunk.

I wonder where they got theirs. Someone should get on the name aspect of things here. Having two different strains with the same name can be quite confusing.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Dee n ey got a fem Kandy Kush, which is supposed to be "OG Kush" x Trainwreck, but guess these are different??

Balazar

I think the quality of this stuff changes depending on the crop/grower. What they hand picked for judges samples is probably a lot different from what you buy in their store. Why do we have these cups again?

G

grasspass

How its grown and cured have to make a huge difference. Should we put a lot of faith in these contests? Some people can make great genetics taste bad or mediocre.

Balazar

I don't even see a point to the contests, the herb that wins will be nothing but a memory as soon as the mother is gone. I always though that strains should be scientifically named so that the cross can be determined just by reading the proper name. Also I just got my hands on this stuff and well... The Granddaddy Purp that they had there was a lot better IMO. I think strains are more important to growers than they are to smokers. Growers select a strain based on how it grows and yields. Smokers choose based on the pheno they want and the potency mostly, then taste and smell.

Greenmopho

OG Kush and Trainwreck are both clone only females...the TW had to have been reversed. Didn't Reserva Privada also come out with a Kandy Kush?

yes does look nice and was a winner..... Did anyone here read the comments on the article, some very entertaining shit right there LMFAO.

G

guest456mpy

I've been growing the R.P. K K strain now for about 1 1/2 years and it is a delightful strain. Slow growth in veg with nodes 1/4 " or less until flowering when it stretches 2 - 2 1/3 times it's height. It produces a good harvest and is very potent. It does indeed taste like weed or hash, but is that a bad thing?

LOL!!!

BTW I also do have some very good stock like Strawberry D.(Rez), Sweet Cindy(Dutchgrown) and Ultimate strawberry D (Ganesh), etc. It's just that Mr's H.G. requests hat I grow more K.K.

Who am I to argue.

;)