What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Lightstorm

budrunners

Beautiful pics purplebuddy ............ thanks for posting them.

As for the yellow leafs, any good gardner knows that when you feed a no nitrogen bloom fertilizer (EJ Bloom) in bloom the plant relies on any available nitrogen. Thats where the yellowing on the fan leafs start, but it starts at the mid to the end of flowering and too N in flowering has adverse efects on flowering buds. Yellowing leafs at the end of flowering is normal and is acceptable.

I love the color Lightstorm produces. The smell is very unique, The pheno I have smells like Tx. Mounatin Laurel blossoms, mmmmmm Very Sweet Grapey smell.

Agnes do you like Purple buds ?

peace

G

you have some very nice results..were does lightstorm originate? i would like to grow some one day, it reminds me of some master kush i grew some time back.. do all negative posts get this much attention here??

G

I cant belive what I am reading.... omg.

I am sorry that I have picked your topic, but I promisse this is the last post like that. I hate when everybody is saying to ALL plants ther are so nice and shit up and down... ah c'mon, 50% plants on the forums are not BEAUTIFUL, they are ok but not AMAZING. I am not saying you are doing it wrong, it is hard to keep nice plant inside and experience brings that... but man, if you got small buds on this purple plant, YOU HAVE SMALL BUDS AND I AM NOT MAKING BAD SHIT HERE. I just told you what I see. If you dont want any comments on your plants, just say so.

As for the yellow leafs, any good gardner knows that when you feed a no nitrogen bloom fertilizer (EJ Bloom) in bloom the plant relies on any available nitrogen. Thats where the yellowing on the fan leafs start, but it starts at the mid to the end of flowering and too N in flowering has adverse efects on flowering buds. Yellowing leafs at the end of flowering is normal and is acceptable.

Do you know what are you typing? Yes, it is not the end of the world if you have yellow leaves, but cmon, small buds (yes, they are purple - nice ) and not really strong plant. You call that a good grow? I dont know witch one to blame (genetics or grower) and since this is not my grow, I am not intending to blame anybody.

Agnes do you like Purple buds ?

They are nice to look at but what I smoked in Amsterdam, didnt conviced me.I didnt see _THE_ potency. <that depends on the reason why is it purple - P, low temp or gens)

you have some very nice results.
Where? Show me.

I should not have awarded as much attention as I have to negative posts. I am new here and did not expect this kind of behaviour. It put me in a defensive state. But that's over, crybabies will be ignored from now on.

I have a feeling that this is hitting on me (I am crybaby - w00t???). (If doesnt, dont read this) Well, I am not going away telling people honistly what I see. You have to tell them what is wrong and what should he do to make it better. That is the key.

Somebody already mentioned N def... I think you wont burn your plant if you add some N... (by the buds size I say you dont use no PK13-14 or so - that makes EC in soil low enoug) make the leaves healtier and photosynthesis will work better for you. Guess what, bigger buds. If you are bio, just tell me, and I will find smth for you in my Bio Plagron book (Thanks growdoc :p)...

If you dont want to read anything more from me, just say "STFU Agnes" and I will stay away from you.

Good luck,

Agnes

Last edited:
G

I will roll some hash with golden print and go to sleep.

Peace and good night.

Agnes

G

i still have to say very nice work.. i understand that all plants on this site are definatly not ths greatest quality but not all plants have the same growing patterns.. it looks to me that this Lightstorm has some similar characteristics to some Master Kush i grew 10 years ago and that strain never got extremelt leafy while the N.L. 5 sitting right next to it did.. they both received the same general hydroponics fertilizer but definatly never showed the same trates, why should they?? different strains grow different ways.. if you pass that pipe over here i will that thing!!

G

hi budrunners! Cool thread ya got here.. I like the colors of the lightstorm. :joint: Keep up the good work :wave:

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful deep shade of purple coming through on those buds....i got a couple plants in my garden begining tpo show a little colour, one a blackberry S1 and the other a Skrum (cross done by fellow member Dr D).......night time temps here are however dropping quite low so that will no doubt be a factor in the colour change as well as genetics.
Peace

Rattrap

Hay all,
Well it looks like this is a dead thread but my lightstorm is almost done so i thought i'd put up a couple of pics. My girls were grown indoors in potting mix & fed organic nutes. They have come up more red than purple.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Nice lightstorm rattrap!

I was always interested in the lightstorm, and with seedbay gone, I'm guessing I won't be seeing any. Wanted to outcross and try to get the potentcy up and try to retain the color. Ah well.

At least you got some lightstorm, and it looks good!

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hey Rattrap, nice plants there. Great colour. It looked very red to me too. Hows the smell, taste, potency?

Rattrap

I was planning on trying to do an outcross & improve the yeild myself.
what happened to seedbay? Its been a while since i had a good look around IC.

Hay ezra, the smell is a little fruity, can't tell u about the taste or potency as i haven't harvested them yet. Chop time is a few days away.

purplebud1

Thanks for the thread revival! :D

Those plants are incredible!! I am glad they turned out this well and hope you will enjoy the strain as much as I do. The bud color is particular but it really ends up purple after drying. A smoke report would be very nice if you have time... Also, if you don't mind, I would like to host your shots on the official LS website if you agree.

Seedbay went down "for maintenance" or so they say.

Take care
purple

Last edited:

medicaluser420

Great looking girl. I got one of my lightstorm beans to sprout and my god I hope it turns out as nice as your man. Great job with her. Got me drooling.

Rattrap

Thanks peeps, i'll be harvesting on monday so a smoke report will be a good week to 10 days after that.
Purplebud1, feel free to use my pics, i'm honoured. What is the addy for the official LS web site? I have some mates that would love to get into the LS.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Rattrap said:
Thanks peeps, i'll be harvesting on monday so a smoke report will be a good week to 10 days after that.
Purplebud1, feel free to use my pics, i'm honoured. What is the addy for the official LS web site? I have some mates that would love to get into the LS.
Good question rat, I wouldn't mind grabbing some myself. Maybe my breeding idea isn't so far gone after all :D :woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts