What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vaped bud cannabutter potency

igrowone

Veteran
For quite some time i didn't bother with my vaped bud other than to toss it.
It's all vaporized off right?
Have examined my vaped buds under magnification, and tiny numbers of the original trichomes left, well less than 1%.
However, the potency of the butter is way fucking high, potent stuff, and very good.
Now then, where's that effect coming from? Tell you the truth it does seem impossible.
I've seen some talk about how if you're vaped bud has any kick to it, you're not vaping it right.
From what i've seen, that's plain wrong.

doams

hm got plenty vaped buds in little jars ready for garbage but I vape for 20-25 minutes and after that its all just black/dust dont think there is anything left in there..
I tend to vape the s. out of it everytime/all the time
:D

igrowone

Veteran
hm got plenty vaped buds in little jars ready for garbage but I vape for 20-25 minutes and after that its all just black/dust dont think there is anything left in there..
I tend to vape the s. out of it everytime/all the time
:D

i think you have a point with your vaping experiences
black dust is pretty hard core, sounds more like smoking
not all of us vape our buds to that state

RB56

Veteran
I've had the same thing. I used to run out periodically when I first started growing. Processed some vaped bud into coconut oil for edibles and it was surprisingly potent. The high was different from coconut oil made with the unvaped version of the same pheno but way better than nothing.

doams

i think you have a point with your vaping experiences
black dust is pretty hard core, sounds more like smoking
not all of us vape our buds to that state

btw
Ive used and still use vaporizer to decarb my weed 0.25g fits in there for single served edibles I just put it in there and let it run on lowest temp /think it was on 180C/ for 10min without inhaling ofc

it was working and I got decent high off it when mixed into tablespoon of room temp olive oil Ive tried rise oil and the effect was a bit more intense I swear lol.

prepared buds were half brown half green so not most effective way to decarb but if you have just your vaporizer and no kitchen is around its working just fine.

e: this is how it looked after 10min in the vape
picture.php

before
picture.php

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
what i find very mysterious is where the active substance(s) are hiding
my buds look to be vacuumed dry of trichomes
my guess is some very active compounds are infused into the bud from vaping
it must be very potent for the quantity

XXX_710

I save vape-poo for a buddy that makes canna-milk. I don't like the stuff, but he says that's the highest he's ever been is off that milk. I don't vape more that one bag through each pack, so maybe that's why it's so potent.

I thought about trying an ethanol wash over my vape-poo to see if any rso comes out. I don't like the burnt popcorn taste left over in canna-butter from vape-poo.

tea_is_back

pot°grapher
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i save my vaporized herbs until its 1kg , water it for 3 days so often i can until the water is clean. (when the water is dark, change it)
you need to do this to remove the stinky smell and the chlorophil out of the material or you will get not a tasty butter.

- put it with 3 kg butter in a pot with a half litre of water and cook it with 80°C (level 2)
until the water is gone and the herbs are darken to dark brown/black and it begins to smell hard like weed.
the time to stop cooking is, when a caramel colored foam is comming on the surface of the water.

- after this process, filter all the stuff thru a water hash bag (dont forget to put the bag immediately in the washing machine after the filter process),

- let the hot, liquid butter cool down for a half day and put it in the freezer when it's hand warm.

- last step is to remove the frozen water and the layer of the plant waxes between the butter and the frozen water.
clean the butter and put it back into the freezer until you need some

the butter tastes really good is strong as hell and you need for one person , 1-2 pieces, big like sugar cubes ( in a cakao or anything you like).
It depends on the person.​

to say ...i vape at 220°C and the material looks really bad and dark and nobody would think that there is still some usable inside. But yes, it is enough inside after vaping ;)

since i do this i smoke and vape a lot less. in the morning a cakao and half the day i am safe from pain and verry happy.

i hope this will help a bit :)

tea :coffee:

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
thanks for the replies and thoughts
wondering if anyone has ever taken in some vaped buds for a cannabinoid profile
probably not many, spending money on vaped buds sounds a bit lame
buds that have been just been decarbed, that probably is done from time to time
but i'm thinking there may be some secrets in the vaped bud

Cone Head

This is a great way to get the most out of your weed. There is definitely still actives in vaped herb. I've even smoked joints of vaped weed when I've run out (doesn't taste the best but better than nothing) I find the effects of already vaped weed to be a bit lethargic though.

I usually put all the vaped weed in a jar with coconut oil and then put that jar in a crockpot with water in it. Heat on low for several hours then strain into another jar with cheese cloth.

theJointedOne

Veteran
thanks for the replies and thoughts
wondering if anyone has ever taken in some vaped buds for a cannabinoid profile
probably not many, spending money on vaped buds sounds a bit lame
buds that have been just been decarbed, that probably is done from time to time
but i'm thinking there may be some secrets in the vaped bud

thats a good idea, im not sure if its been done but id be interested to know

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I definitely works for me

I definitely works for me

I only hit a bowl/bag once at 360*F on the volcano and save the material. Strange how the color changes, kinda like to the color of materiel the DEA supplies to research labs, only not as badly cooked. Plus I vary strains in the volco and dump the remains all together as they save up.

I think the CBN number would be high after being vaped. The butter in a cookie has a nice daytime effect, but at night is when it shines for me.

After reading this site I am now making my first batch with water instead of just butter. Read about lecithin mid-batch but none to be found locally. If this water method works well, I will add the lecithin on the next batch.

White Beard

btw
Ive used and still use vaporizer to decarb my weed 0.25g fits in there for single served edibles I just put it in there and let it run on lowest temp /think it was on 180C/ for 10min without inhaling ofc

it was working and I got decent high off it when mixed into tablespoon of room temp olive oil Ive tried rise oil and the effect was a bit more intense I swear lol.

prepared buds were half brown half green so not most effective way to decarb but if you have just your vaporizer and no kitchen is around its working just fine.

e: this is how it looked after 10min in the vape
View Image

before
View Image

Brother, that weed looks *completely* UN-vaped: throwing that away would be a crime, unless you want my address. No wonder your butter is so strong....

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
... my thoughts exactly. All a vaporizer does is decarb your weed. The benefit you inhale them terps instead of them floating away in your oven :)

bushed

I find the high from vaped weed edibles to be strong but not so plesant, very sleepy and dull. Still better than nothing though.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I find the high from vaped weed edibles to be strong but not so plesant, very sleepy and dull. Still better than nothing though.
That's because of all the delta strains fighting each other for the lack of a better word.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I think you are all correct. Barely vaping (I hit one time at 360*F) the bud leaves lots of good thick stuff for the butter. The flavor of the vape IMO is even better at a lot lower temp, and the goodness is still there for the butter. Heck, vape and eat, but BE DISCLIPINED on the cookies!!!

I look at it as a spectrum and I like it to be full. CBDs also round out a really nice feeling for my old bones.