What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GAVITA 1000W

scarafino

Re,

Dog star

Is not that a 2 week veg for 7 to 10 gallon pot?

for 1 month veg I use 3 gallon jars with critical + 2.0 currently and 9 plants per 600w hps

Dog Star

Veteran
Excuse me Scarafino but i dont understand question,what you wish to ask??

Under Gavita i never going more than 2 week of veg..

scarafino

Excuse me friend I have trouble with the translation,

Now I hesitate between Gavita 750 and Gavita 1000w, are the Gavita 750 as effective by their power as the 1000? Gram per watt ratio?

SwampyTHC

I bought several gavitas and found that height is a massive factor with these lights even with them at 8ft ceiling the heat from them is ridiculous. Either led or hps if i had a unit space then gavitas all the way. Be careful mate dont be upsold into buying something that will take you a long time you adjust too.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i have 1000 variable gavitas with a controller

since my ceilings are under 7' I run them in the 700s primarily but compared to hps they are the truth

scarafino

If I make plants of 80 centimeters to 1 meter in pots of 3 gallons, (indica) with a month veg time and 12-15 plants per gavita 1000w it has an interest to have a 1000w or would be better 750?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The hellion 750 W units are designed to run @ 1.9 not 2.1 which is the same as a 1000W DE without the ballast mounted without the lamp cord. You are gaining efficiency of the lam output.

The 750 is designed to give more than the 600W output over 1.2m2, increasing the Lumens Per sqft from 45 into the 60's with more wavelength in the PAR region. I'd get the 1000 if I had more then the 12.9 SQFT to illuminate.

scarafino

You who had the experience, you advise me what? Which is the most efficient level yield 750 or 1000W in gram ratio per watt? 8foot height or 2.50 meter height would be a real concern for you mate dave? I saw that dog wars is growing with 7.5 foot and that he is doing well Gavita pro 1000de dimmé in 1150 can saprocher at how much of lapex maximum?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm looking to upgrade to new kit so buying old technology isn't an option really. Room size & application on the luminary is what you need to consider. If it's to be @ a permanent height or used as supplementary or the grow area will be used for strain variation the choice is based around these. Versatile aplication is what I am primarily after. I wouldn't use 'poot' shades as their figures when stuck alongside a premium double parabolic are significantly diminished therefore in my application "Redundant"

The Strain I want to grow max's out & like 1.4m in the time I am forcing my growth into therefore a 2m tall tent has above room.

The less lumens used will improve the GPKWH so being able to dial up & down with respect to the 'bell curve' of diurnal photosynthesis has benefits.

A lil extra heat can be beneficial if you have adaquate Co2 in the space, either supplementary or via increased airflow.

I'd primarily use the Gavita for mothers if there was no budget but I wouldn't pay that price tag when there is the other options.

Growing trees I would use a vertical bulb method.

scarafino

My goal is to get out 10 LBS every 3 months to the minimum I have 2 bedroom (grow room) of a surface area of 300X300X8 foot I would do the growth and flowering in the 2 pieces, 1 month veg Max and 60 day blooming!

With variety of type, critical Kush, Og Kush, critical + 2.0 ....

I'm thinking of doing also in another room, a small space mother and cutting foot and the first 15 days of growth!

What setup do you recommend

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suggest you do that. One in one room, one in the other then calculate the variables & outcomes. You will have your answer.

Latest posts

Latest posts