What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I want to be formal, but I'm here to party

saitama

Picking up with the strains I left off on the other thread. I moved on Oct 12th to my new place and by Oct 18th I had seeds in a shot glass. I couldn't wait any longer. Not growing was taking its toll on me. :woohoo:

I'm currently limited with space at my new place, so I decided I would just set up the 3x3 in an extra room and run with it. Right now I am vegging with the Starlite Helios 320w and will be running blumats with a pressure system this round. I have heard good things about the blumats regarding efficiency and low maintenance once dialed in.

Strains are Zamaldelica and GTH fem. ZD top and GTH is on the bottom.

10/18 - Seeds went into shot glass
10/19 - Paper towel

10/23 - all are above ground

bWLXXz8h.jpg

10/26 - I didn't bring any of my fans with me when I moved, so I had to come up with something creative.

Ns3Ike9h.jpg

10/31 - moving along

2j1ESAeh.jpg

11/5 - topped

QnxXXETh.jpg

Last edited:

saitama

Today (11/7) I up potted them into their final homes and I am just waiting for my pressure system to come in for the blumats.

The Zamaldelica is a ridiculously vigorous strain. Growing side by side with the GTH, it's is very evident that it is more stout and has way crazier roots.

sa1S52sh.jpg

Ghost Train Haze

xRbN1voh.jpg

In their new homes for the rest of the run. Can't wait to see what turns up.

R53ugDnh.jpg

Any questions, comments, etc are all welcome. It feels so good to be back!:dance013::dance013:

Last edited:

starke

Glad to see you back. So far I have shown great restraint in not purchasing any Zamaldelica seeds. I bet when you finish this grow my restraint will have evaporated. :biggrin:

saitama

Glad to see you back. So far I have shown great restraint in not purchasing any Zamaldelica seeds. I bet when you finish this grow my restraint will have evaporated. :biggrin:

Thanks buddy. Hopefully I can put on a good show for you.

saitama

Got the pressure system set up for the blumats. Gave them a trim as well. I followed the blumat directions to the T and haven't run into any issue so far. I'm waiting for my first runaway or dry pot but so far just heavy pots every time I check. So far very happy with the blumats.

YUUxscxh.jpg

x2nI7wBh.jpg

r5TKA5Sh.jpg

Last edited:

thenewstyle

yo saitama! good to see the grow is back up and running again. the blumats+airpots should make for a nice combo! excited to see whats to come, keep us updated :biggrin:

saitama

Welcome, thirdtime and vanilla

thenewstyle - Hopefully I can be as successful as you with the blumats!

It seems like the ladies are finally getting used to their new pots and feeding style. They pretty much exploded overnight. I felt like I might have been doing something wrong because of their slow growth (to me). I feel a little better now.

ai1WXz9h.jpg

jXmpJpth.jpg

Last edited:
Hey saitama , you aren't kidding with those zalmadelica roots, they look great !! , I have a couple of 1 gal coco pots and they are getting dry too fast , can make you please explain the "pressure " part of your blumat setup ? Is it just using a pump and a reservoir? Thanks for sharing , FSG.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Glad to see you back at it again, look forward to your dialed in methods,strain selection, photography, and excellent data reporting ;)

and yeah, that is pretty crazy overnight growth! I was scrolling up,down,up down, for comparison haha

saitama

can make you please explain the "pressure " part of your blumat setup ? Is it just using a pump and a reservoir? Thanks for sharing , FSG.

FSG - If you aren't able to elevate your reservoir 4' in the air or have more than 50 plants, you can use a pressure system to keep the lines pressurized. It consists of a pump, accumulator (keeps pressure with an air filled bladder) and their pressure reducer. Here is a link to it on their site - https://www.sustainablevillage.com/blumat-basic-pump-system

and yeah, that is pretty crazy overnight growth! I was scrolling up,down,up down, for comparison haha

haha, I was doing the same thing!

Hey bud thanks for the response , I have the blumats laying around still undecided to use them until I can "feel and see " the difference between DWC and coco using the same pheno , this sounds like a great alternative to my hand watering , time will tell , thanks for sharing and subscribed :) , FSG.

saitama

Hey bud thanks for the response , I have the blumats laying around still undecided to use them until I can "feel and see " the difference between DWC and coco using the same pheno , this sounds like a great alternative to my hand watering , time will tell , thanks for sharing and subscribed :) , FSG.

I'm interested in seeing what you coming up with.

saitama

Trimmed the zamaldelica down because there was just too much leaf to leaf contact for comfort. I then proceeded with some bondage. I'll slow down the updates eventually, I promise.

pq0PAdxh.jpg

Last edited:
G

In for the show!I found the last thread only very recently ...Awesome!Good luck my friend, everything is looking neat.:tiphat:
P.s.Frequent updates rule:biggrin:

Miraculous Meds

Hi, you didn't mess around did you? One week after moving and you already have seeds in the ground.... Now that's passion! I followed your ursa thread and am tagging up here. Im on the experimental journey with some new lighting and would love to hear your thoughts on the optilux, good and bad. Also why did you evolve to the diy led? Right now on my list to test is the spyder xl. I like the spread it gives without too much hot spot, in the center, cause I have low ceilings. Do you see any real cons to the spyder xl from your led research knowledge.
thanks,
mm

mushroombrew

Veteran
I like my Jesus like to party! Looks good in here

I like the mainlining technique. How are those pots? I have yet to try them. Did you try side by side or just switch?

saitama

Hi, you didn't mess around did you? One week after moving and you already have seeds in the ground.... Now that's passion! I followed your ursa thread and am tagging up here. Im on the experimental journey with some new lighting and would love to hear your thoughts on the optilux, good and bad. Also why did you evolve to the diy led? Right now on my list to test is the spyder xl. I like the spread it gives without too much hot spot, in the center, cause I have low ceilings. Do you see any real cons to the spyder xl from your led research knowledge.
thanks,
mm

Hello and welcome! I'm glad you caught that timeframe. I was really itching to start growing again after I gave my last set of plants away :biggrin:

With regard to LED, I did evolve to DIY and will be using my dual
quantum board setup for this 3x3 until I find more space for the rest of my DIY lights.

Love the URSA, but I don't know if it is my co2 levels or my space... it is just too much light for my 4x4. I would love to give it another shot in a larger space, and most likely will.

As for the spydrx (I'm assuming you want to use the plus model) it is proven to be a strong light with some minor build quality issues that, IMO, aren't a big deal. You can't go wrong with it, but I would rather build something than pay that retail price. HLG is coming out with a new light that is supposed to put out the same or more light than a DE HPS and use much less power (750-800w).

What space are you trying to fil? What is your budget and overall goal? Really interested in how I can help you.

I like my Jesus like to party! Looks good in here

I like the mainlining technique. How are those pots? I have yet to try them. Did you try side by side or just switch?

I love it when people get my references! I switched directly over. I like the pots but honestly haven't noticed much of a difference between the standard ones. I just like the ability for them to collapse and lay flat and I haven't heard anybody say a bad thing about them...so I gave them a shot. No complaints and the holes make it easy to attach things to the pots.

Thanks for the kind words!