What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my ACE journey begins

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, farmerlion. I'm super excited to be growing these and they're looking better every day! I scissor mowed the cover crop down yesterday and it really made the girls look taller. That plus the fact that they're growing like...weeds!

I was checking on the girls tonight and noticed that both Tikal gals are a lighter shade of green than everything else in the tent. I'll give 'em a few more days veg growth before I post more pictures.

Samuel Caldwell

The girls were a tad droopy tonight so I snapped a quick pic after watering. The Ace girls are up front--KC in the center, Tikals on either side.

Back row - Satoris on the sides, purple haze bagseed in the center. The PH really shot up in the last couple days. Male, perhaps? I wouldn't really mind culling a plant or even two. Flowering will get pretty tight if all turn out female. Time will tell.

Kit-Cat says, "What time is it?"

Meow. :smoke:

picture.php

View image in gallery

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's been around a week and a half since all my seeds broke soil so here's today's update. All plants are growing strong and looking good, approx 3" tall.

#1 - KC is big and wide
#2 - T1
#3 - T2, the Tikals look pretty similar at this point

Very healthy seedlings Samuel Caldwell :)

Looks like a nice start! I'm glad you chose Kali China and Tikal for your current grow. It will be a pleasure to follow their development.

Best wishes for the grow!

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, dubi! Everything's going great so far!

They all sprouted around the beginning of the month. They've been on a 20/4 light schedule but I'm transitioning them to flower by cutting a couple hours light every few days. I dropped to 18/6 and now I'm at 16/8. I'm heading out of town this weekend and I'll probably have them down to 12/12 before I leave.

I'm giving them some fresh aloe in their waterings and they seem to like it. I'll put them into larger pots before flipping to 12/12. I can't wait to get them going! Thanks again to dubi and the Ace crew for these awesome genetics!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I hope you enjoyed your weekend Samuel Caldwell. I have a music festival I attend each year going this upcoming weekend. I think I'm going to miss this one unfortunately. I don't dare leave the girls unattended or un watered for the 2 1/2 days until I would return. I feel the plants could pull through the extreme stress. But I don't want them to experience that stress for me to go rock out for the weekend. I wish I had a knowledgeable trusted helper. Peace

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks for tuning in, friends!

They were all feeling fairly dry last night so I hauled them to the bathroom, stuck them in the tub and gave them a nice shower. I give them a good rinse from all angles, let them drain for awhile and then repeat the process a time or two and then let them drain.

After getting them set up back in the tent I topped them all off with a bit of aloe water. They looked like a bunch of sad little drowned puppies but I knew they'd spring back. Sure enough, everyone's looking very happy tonight!

Here's a quick tent pic. I'll post individual Ace shots soon.

back row - Tikal1, Tikal2, KaliChina
front row - purple haze, Satori1, Satori2

Samuel Caldwell

Update time.

Over the last couple weeks I started dropping my light schedule, two hours at a time, from 20/4 to 18/6, etc... I flipped them to 12/12 last Friday before I left town for the weekend. When I got back I found some really nice growth!

First of all, the purple haze bagseed was male, as suspected by his strong growth. He was a beauty but he had to go. I'm glad he's gone, I definitely need the room. I'm still waiting for my 2 Satoris to show sex. I'm hoping at least one is a male to free up more space but I'm suspecting they're both girls.

On to the stars of the garden! I'll start with the Tikals, since I've got two.

T1 continues to be the largest, tallest plant in the garden, but T2 isn't far behind, especially considering that she's a few days younger. I had to do some supercropping on both but I was a little more aggressive with T1. Both plants look fairly similar with T1 being slightly 'wilder' looking--she's a bit larger overall with crazier leaves. T2 looks more uniform. A stem rub on T1 has some sharp, maybe sour or citrus smell to it. T2 is very sweet.

KC is doing her thing beautifully! She's got really cool multi-level leaves. Her stem rub gives a sweet, fruity, full smell. There's a lot more going on in the background but these are just the simplified initial descriptions.

Samuel Caldwell

I've got the day off work. I need to go buy some new shoes but thought I'd take some pictures of the Ace girls first.

Tikal 1 and 2 are both around 26" (with a bit of bending) from the soil line. Kali China is closer to 22". Nice solid side branching on all three.

T1 smells citrus, cannabis, nothing too unusual. T2 is much sweeter. I can't specifically identify it yet but it's clean sweet fruity. It'll be interesting to compare the two plants when they're done.

KC is sweet but it's got some spicy scents going on, too. There's going to be lots going on as this one develops but it's already pretty complex.

Individual shots - Tikal 1, Tikal 2 and Kali China

Samuel Caldwell

I really liked my Satori. These are beans I made by pollen chucking. My last 2 seeds from my original Satori pack turned out to be male and female so they had at it. Mine had a tendency to turn purple. I love how sturdy they are although that makes them prone to snapping when training.

I've also grown BOG and I'm sitting on a pack of Sour Bubble seeds. I'd like to grow a couple but I don't have the space for a long veg.