Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > size Of donut screen for single 1k

Thread Title Search
size Of donut screen for single 1k Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2017, 10:26 PM #1
medicated4

medicated4 will become famous soon enough
size Of donut screen for single 1k

Hey guys what should the diameter of my donut screen be for a single 1k be I have a 9x9 room so space isnt a issue.
medicated4 is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2017, 09:40 AM #2
Medicine, Man

Medicine, Man will become famous soon enoughMedicine, Man will become famous soon enough
Is the screen to tie the plants back to, or to go between the plants and bulb, protecting them from the bulb?

If the screen is to block the plants from touching the bulb, you'll probably want a diameter of 2-3ft, so you can get as close as 12-18", if you have plants narrow enough to fit that tight, that close to the bulb.

If you're going for 4-8 decent sized bushes, and want to tie the plants back to the screen, you may want a max diameter of about 8ft, to keep plants within 3-4ft of the bulb. If this is the case, your 9x9 may prove a little tight to work around in behind plants.

It depends on numbers / size of plants to a point. I believe a 1k will effectively penetrate about 4ft in general, so I personally wouldn't want the back sides of my plants farther away than that, but I wouldn't want them closer than 12 or 18" to the bulb either, to minimize heat stress.

Hopefully this helps some, but I'm sure there are folks around who can help with more info too... Good luck!
Medicine, Man is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2017, 12:27 AM #3
medicated4

Doesnt 8x8 seem like a bit much for a 1k? I know some people would throw a 1k over a 4x4

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:39 AM #4
medicated4

I am intending on tying the plants against the screen..i know with my horizontal scrogs id train(strain dependant) 2-3 weeks after 12/12 and let em go. plants would typically stretch minimal due to the slight train during flowering. i would end up with a sea 12-20ish inch colas with the light about 20-24 inches above canopy. I would start the light a little above 3ft and just let em stretch up to the light without moving.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:14 AM #5
betshtick

betshtick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicated4 View Post
Doesnt 8x8 seem like a bit much for a 1k? I know some people would throw a 1k over a 4x4
It's about right if you want to have some room behind the plants to maneuver, which I always find helpful.

I run a vert room with bare 1k bulbs and to answer the OP, I'd go 12-14" diameter for your screen. I put 8 plants around each 1k, pots roughly 2' away from the center of the bulb. I don't use a screen myself, just steaks and vine clips and keep an eye on things throughout. However, I tie plants back as they start encroaching on that 1' zone around the bulb, any closer and they bleach/burn. Penetration seems to drop off faster than with a reflector (no surprise), so I keep the backs of the plants trimmed and tightly trained so nothing sticks back past 2-3' max from the bulb.
betshtick is offline Quote

Old 09-03-2017, 05:51 PM #6
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
its best to be flexible during your shakedown runs , really just make screens for each pot so you can move as necesarry. building something permanent before knowing what the starin will do is no bueno
i can get my buds as little as 6 inches away from my cooltubes without burn but had to keep at least 12 -16 running bareback, it was harder to control temps bareback as well

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
______________________________ _
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
______________________________ _
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.