What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

another one of those ''big night in the garden''

I did not take pics of the granola funks, I ll take some when they are dry... I ran out of time, more importantly, there was no down time, all plants harvested in the dark and by the time the lights go on the replacements are there.

I am a bit embarrassed to admit that I am actually out of plants ready for flowering, so the room do look a little bare right now. Oh well...

I do not think I will upload all the pics I took tonight, but I did take the canon out, all auto with flash and without a tripod, let's hope I have some pics worthy of posting.

Anyway, first up, the no longer More Cowbell, do not worry I did make seeds with the Blue Spoon X SLK X BH stud. There was 2 of them, both in 3 gallons pot. 1 appear to be in a 7 gal but she is actually in a 3 gals in a 7 gals. A pot in a pot, yes I do that sometimes.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Sorry having some issues posting, Here are some pics of the Cuvee #1 before I show the rest of the More cowbell, seeds in here as well. with the Blue Spoon X SLK X BH stud

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

This one needed some tying, back in the flower room though, not nearly ready. I so hope her clone root, it is in a rough shape. This plant is descending from Ancient OG and Respect and something else I forget. Super fast, super loud, I really hope the clone makes it, Ive grown her a couple of times and she is a true winner. The good news is that I have made seeds with the Blue Spoon X SLK X BH stud so it is all good!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

The Cuvee #2 was my winner out of the 2, however, I have let both of them go. I have made seeds with both of them, I will probably mix the seeds. The number 2 slightly more romulan smell, better bag appeal, the number 1 has a bit more of a chocolate after taste, effects are very similar, none are true winners in my books but the seeds will be worth growing, some day.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Good moment to remind the new comers and everyone else that I grow in compost without adding soil amendments, it is a hit and miss, but mostly hit. I really grow cannabis that can not be reproduced out of my system. I make my compost and everything, water only throughout the cycle though.

This girl faded early, my prized Blue Spoon, I have gotten this girl to yield a lot, in fact the biggest plant I have ever grown was her at over 11 ounces indoor. This time she is probably a modest 2-4 ounces, but she is going to be good as always.

Super loud funk, very unique, she is putrid but a pleasant putrid. Everytime I open a jar in front of someone they go ''oh wow!''

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Prego as well with the Blue Spoon X SLK X BH, I suppose this could be called a back cross!

She is so loud if you open a jar in front of a lightweight that is scared of strong herb they will get panic attack just smelling the weed, sounds like an exaggeration? sure.

G

Gr33nSanta

To end the evening, here are a few pics of the bare flower room, I ll post pics of all 3 phenos of granola funks in the coming days, as well as the cbdq, which I so wish I kept. Good news is I have made seeds with that one as well. How can I possibly sift through all that gear! I ll show you :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Finally, tomorrow, will be day 1 for 2 Les Fleurs Bleues in the SIP which had the granola funks and the CBDQ. Also day 1 for LFB #2.

A buddy came by today with 2 buds from the previous fruit salad, he had a Blue Spoon bud, which he said was the best smoke he has ever had, and a Les Fleurs Bleues bud, which he said was the best vape ever.

It was nice for me to hear from a long time friend, he did not and still does not know that the flowers he brought back were both my number 1 and my number 2 (EDIT: Memory Loss is actually my number 2, Blue Spoon is my number 3 but at this point she is just as important as Memory Loss, if not more). Interestingly, I do not think he noticed the #1 is a high CBD cultivar.

I think when the consumer does not know that a cultivar is high in CBD and it is blended with a bunch of cultivars that are high in THC, it becomes hard to tell. Easy for me because I know my plants but it proves how subjective getting high really is.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Nice thread, Santa!!!

Interestingly, I do not think he noticed the #1 is a high CBD cultivar.

I think when the consumer does not know that a cultivar is high in CBD and it is blended with a bunch of cultivars that are high in THC, it becomes hard to tell. Easy for me because I know my plants but it proves how subjective getting high really is.

What are your thoughts on the effects of cbd on a high-thc smoker? If one has a large amount of thc in their system, does it take a while to notice the benefits of cbd? I have experienced some weird results with high-cbd flowers myself.

G

Gr33nSanta

Nice thread, Santa!!!

What are your thoughts on the effects of cbd on a high-thc smoker? If one has a large amount of thc in their system, does it take a while to notice the benefits of cbd? I have experienced some weird results with high-cbd flowers myself.

I am convinced that super pothead, like most of us here, can get a high from the CBD, it can be very intense, the more of a pothead you are.

The reason being that you are so used to have your receptors saturated with THC, and suddenly, CBD changes the shape of the receptors making impossible for THC to do it's thing.

In my own bio assay, what I have found is that if you are a big pothead, you are so not used to not being high, and CBD is so potent at being an anti THC, it puts you in a state of mind that is so unlike what you are used to that it does feel like you are high.

However, if you start smoking too much CBD, it almost feel as though you are getting back to normal, and getting harder and harder to get a proper high.

I can kind of see why Sam Skunkman does not enjoy CBD, and even though I did early on, I mostly grow CBD for friends and
or lightweights, I have been shying away from it myself.

I have all kind of high CBD rosin extracts that look, smell and taste super fire, but I just keep them on the shelf for now.

The other thing I do not really like about CBD is I start having very vivid dreams and they can be so weird and draining (like you wake up tired from dreaming all night) that I honestly prefer to go to bed and sleep like a log, sleep on THC.

I do know a lot of people that have been shying away from cannabis due to it's potency nowadays, also, for the people that do not smoke every day and want to enjoy cannabis on the weekend or whatever, a dash of CBD in the cultivar can go a long way into making the experience pleasant.

Finally, as far as moving product, recreational user go through a lot of weed, so yeah, ... guess where my focus is now?

lol

I am still searching through my CBD lines but overall, I am right back at focusing on THC and terpenes.

I have plants that are in the 15% CBD and 1 % THC range, and my superstar Les Fleurs Bleues at 14% CBD - 9.5% THC.

My Les Fleurs Bleues is going to be hard to beat in all departments, bag appeal, flavor, taste, smell, over all experience, it's all there, imo, one of the best 1:1 plant around (I call it a 1:1, close enough)

So beside the odd seedlings on the go right now, I am not currently searching or creating better CBD plant.

THC IS THE MOLECULE :D

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I am convinced that super pothead, like most of us here, can get a high from the CBD, it can be very intense, the more of a pothead you are.

The reason being that you are so used to have your receptors saturated with THC, and suddenly, CBD changes the shape of the receptors making impossible for THC to do it's thing.

In my own bio assay, what I have found is that if you are a big pothead, you are so not used to not being high, and CBD is so potent at being an anti THC, it puts you in a state of mind that is so unlike what you are used to that it does feel like you are high.

However, if you start smoking too much CBD, it almost feel as though you are getting back to normal, and getting harder and harder to get a proper high.

I can kind of see why Sam Skunkman does not enjoy CBD, and even though I did early on, I mostly grow CBD for friends and
or lightweights, I have been shying away from it myself.

I have all kind of high CBD rosin extracts that look, smell and taste super fire, but I just keep them on the shelf for now.

The other thing I do not really like about CBD is I start having very vivid dreams and they can be so weird and draining (like you wake up tired from dreaming all night) that I honestly prefer to go to bed and sleep like a log, sleep on THC.

I do know a lot of people that have been shying away from cannabis due to it's potency nowadays, also, for the people that do not smoke every day and want to enjoy cannabis on the weekend or whatever, a dash of CBD in the cultivar can go a long way into making the experience pleasant.

Finally, as far as moving product, recreational user go through a lot of weed, so yeah, ... guess where my focus is now?

lol

I am still searching through my CBD lines but overall, I am right back at focusing on THC and terpenes.

I have plants that are in the 15% CBD and 1 % THC range, and my superstar Les Fleurs Bleues at 14% CBD - 9.5% THC.

My Les Fleurs Bleues is going to be hard to beat in all departments, bag appeal, flavor, taste, smell, over all experience, it's all there, imo, one of the best 1:1 plant around (I call it a 1:1, close enough)

So beside the odd seedlings on the go right now, I am not currently searching or creating better CBD plant.

THC IS THE MOLECULE :D

Nice write-up! Seems to parallel a bit of my anecdotal evidence. I did not like my high cbd flowers that much, mainly for the reasons you listed. However, I need to clear to head for a while to work on a project, so I think that I will transition to high cbd only for a few weeks and really see if I isolate the cbd effect once my body thc levels start to reduce.

On another note, have you experimented with added small amounts of cbd (5-10%) to high thc extract? Do you think that some cbd helps before dominating the receptors?

G

Gr33nSanta

Nice write-up! Seems to parallel a bit of my anecdotal evidence. I did not like my high cbd flowers that much, mainly for the reasons you listed. However, I need to clear to head for a while to work on a project, so I think that I will transition to high cbd only for a few weeks and really see if I isolate the cbd effect once my body thc levels start to reduce.

On another note, have you experimented with added small amounts of cbd (5-10%) to high thc extract? Do you think that some cbd helps before dominating the receptors?

I used to blend all my trim, so I never knew what went in my bubble hash rosin but I did get some tested, since I was always just blending my trim and I always grew the odd CBD cultivar, almost all my rosin had some CBD like 3-4% at least.

Since then, I have started separating my trim so that the thc pile does not get contaminated with anything that might have CBD.

In some strange ways, CBD gives me confidence but does make me feel like I could do so much more with my life. THC keeps me modest and leveled off, CBD feels a little more like an emotional roller coaster... hard to describe, still in its infancy but I have really stopped experimenting with CBD for now.

I used to think it would be a great way for me to cut back on weed, take days off, weeks off, and it could still very well be at some point, but I am not ready.

I like to think of it this way, it would be very hard for a master brewer not to drink beer.

For now I am a master grower, therefor I smoke. I got here because I was always a heavy pot head anyway, the only way for me was to grow it myself. And I love the life it has given me. CBD messes with that in some strange ways haha.

Anyway, I just thought Id upload a few pics, I thought I did better with the camera, I am so not a photographer. I hope within a year from now I can afford to get geared up proper and up my photography skills!

First 2 pics, the Les Fleurs Bleues #2, she rooted quick in the cloner. She is the first cannabis plant I have ever seen with variegated leaves. She is Les Fleurs Bleues X (Strawberry OG X (BlueCityDiesel X MissJack) . The 2 sisters of the male I used were super loud, the male had a great structure. Those seeds were made outdoor. I think it was the first time I made seeds outdoors. Anyway, gonna grow it, test it, I hope she keeps the variegated foliage because if she is a keeper I wont have to tag her!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I harvested a lot of seeds today, most of the branches I pollinated with the BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH) yielded a LOT of seeds, like around 100+ beans on some small branches, I had never seen such dense cluster of ripe beans, the timing was perfect.

Next 2 pictures are Cuvee #1 and #2 respectively, I might endup mixing the beans, I could hardly tell the difference between the 2 phenos after harvest this time. The #1 slightly more chocolate and the #2 slightly more romulan ish. I think I prefer to smell the #2 but prefer to smoke the #1 haha. Might as well mix the seeds.

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Again, not the greatest pics, but I want them here. This is Granola Funk #2, by far the winner out of the 3 girls I grew. I will see about getting that one tested, it does not look that special but I think it has some kick. I have been sampling her quite a bit over the last couple of days. Anyway I made A LOT of seeds with her as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Again, not the greatest pics, but I want them here. This is Granola Funk #2, by far the winner out of the 3 girls I grew. I will see about getting that one tested, it does not look that special but I think it has some kick. I have been sampling her quite a bit over the last couple of days. Anyway I made A LOT of seeds with her as well.

View Image

View Image

Looks amazing man, keep up the good work!

:tiphat:

G

Gr33nSanta

Pollen Chucking sure is exponential when going in a room packed with females with the paint brush. WaterFarmFan could concur (judging by his thread': https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349774)

Well I am not nearly as overwhelmed as WaterFarmFan is, but I am still blown away at how many seeds a single male grown by the window sill can produce.

Lately everytime I harvest a plant I am thinking ''oh right I pollinated that one too!!''

LOL

Next on the list, Les Fleurs Bleues, I have one branch FULLY seeded with BlueSpoon X (SLK X BH) . A remainder, SLK X BH is a cross from Chimera and the BlueSpoon is Dr.Grinspoon female pollen on a BlueSage from Jordan of the Island.

Today is day one for a Strange Brew I just moved to the flower room, no clone of that one, I can only clone so many plants. She is in a 7 gals, if she happen to be special I ll have to go for the good old reveg. In fact, be prepared, I am going GreenSanta oldschool, gonna be running a lot of seeds coming up.

Unfortunately, the latest round of seedlings did not yield many females. One I am really excited about, the Memory Loss X Strange Brew, only yielded 1 female out of 4 or 5 plants.

Anyway, a quick look at the veggies room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkfzm_qSQEY&feature=youtu.be

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I was just reading through some of my old journals, since Ive been germinating a lot of old seeds lately, it was nice for me to go back in time.

Suddenly, it hit me, 2 out of 3 fixtures I bought 6 years ago are still used as prime lighting, 80% of the clusters still on.

I really think HPS are on their way out. All of the LEDs I bought in the past 3 years are all running 100%.

I am just watching the GML show and while they were talking about LED vs HPS I got thinking about how LEDs have been good to me.

The latest I bought from http://timbergrowlights.com/ are just crushing it, I think I am on the 4 th round with them. man if I get 10 - 20 more rounds out of them I ll be laughing.

I think Dan from timbergrowlights should give me some lights for my veg room, I wish Dan is somehow thinking that I deserve freebies!!

LOL

My best LEDs were DIY kits from Dan. I have the classic freezer basket with 4 cobs just crushing it. Mainly, Jackie's room with 2000W of vero 29s DIY is just crushing it. I think I might get over 1gpw for the first time ever on this 4th run, all organic with compost and water only, and hardly any veg time.

G

Gr33nSanta

I opted to fill the reservoirs in Jackie's room. 2 days sooner. I could have gone one more day but the reservoir were all very low. This is a good sign :)

I think it will be an epic round for me.

The variegated girl is still shooting variegated leaves in flower, very cool trait, I am looking forward to see if the clones will do it but I cant see why not. The 2 clones are both showing roots this morning.

I ll drop a vid of Jackie's room soon, we are sitting at day 35 I think, I am so proud haha

Dropped more beans in water yesterday, including Memory Loss X THUNK. Good times ahead.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Like you, I have only read the last few pages of your journal. From what I see, I love it and it got a 5 star rating from me. I will definitely get back to it later and start at page one and catch up!

Subbed!

:tiphat:

brendon420

im on page 18, this place just went into overdrive with these macros!! your work is its own word. that fluers in nutssss...