What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama Haze

deepwaterdude

Hello everyone,

Beautiful Pan hazes DWD, I’ve really enjoyed your current show. You must be swimming in bud the way you churn it out!

My Panama haze has been my favourite plant of my current grow. It’s a real trooper. I’ve had some really cold night temps throughout my current grow but the Phaze has done quite well despite that.

Here she is at 34 days of 11/13 -

View Image

View Image

View Image

She’s a monster! Prolific bud sites, a strong flowering response for an OTH hybrid and a scent that currently resembles Panama but with a bit more earthiness perhaps. Early days though.

Yep, that's a beaut! I'm definitely looking forward to swimming in some Malawi x PCK:biggrin:

Here are the same 2 Panama Hazes mid week 13. Both got me drooling in their own way;)

Attachments

• 3 very distinct colas week 13.jpg
    3 very distinct colas week 13.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Beautiful PanHaze 2 close mid week 13.jpg
    Beautiful PanHaze 2 close mid week 13.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 110

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi PandyFackler,

Beautiful :) Looks like she didn't go out of control in the first weeks of flowering.
Panama Haze can really yield very well with proper feeding, exciting weeks ahead ;)

deepwaterdude

Panama Hazes starting week 16

Panama Hazes starting week 16

Outstanding job deepwaterdude with your Panama Hazes :biggrin:
You really have green fingers! :tiphat:

At this point I have very GREEDY fingers;) Thanks for the compliment, dubi:tiphat:, here they are today at beginning week 16. Tops looking gnarly-ish, bottoms looking quite beautiful, very purple haze in structure.

I just harvested the very purple and chunky Haze x KC 2, or Syd, at 15 weeks flower. She's a sparkly beauty, while her green sister, whom I harvested weeks 12 and 13 and I'm smoking now, is very strong and deep without being heavy. Nice that both strains share Purple Haze 23 as a parent. Must be a helluva girl/guy;o)

here they is, ah, what the hell, I'll throw a Haze x KC pic in last. real beaut.

Attachments

• Panama Haze #2 101 days flo.jpg
    Panama Haze #2 101 days flo.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Panama x Purple Haze looking a bit gnarly week 15.jpg
    Panama x Purple Haze looking a bit gnarly week 15.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Gnarly Panama Hazes start week 16.jpg
    Gnarly Panama Hazes start week 16.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 134
  • PH1 starting to look like purple haze.jpg
    PH1 starting to look like purple haze.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 160
  • Pan HAze 1-just need time to mature those foxtails.jpg
    Pan HAze 1-just need time to mature those foxtails.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Panama Haze 1 top beginning week 16.jpg
    Panama Haze 1 top beginning week 16.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 113
  • Panama Haze 2 leaning.jpg
    Panama Haze 2 leaning.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Panama Haze 2 bottom getting nice n purple.jpg
    Panama Haze 2 bottom getting nice n purple.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 165
  • Syd mass of black cola buds.jpg
    Syd mass of black cola buds.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Syd up close.jpg
    Syd up close.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 126

deepwaterdude

Panama Haze 2 down at 111 days

Panama Haze 2 down at 111 days

She's down a predictable 6th out of 7 plants. This is the big, fat calyxed, redder plant, with strong smells of lemon Panama. Has been throwing a very few "take me I'm ready nanners" and she seemed pretty spent while still being in decent health.

That one plant produced around 24 feet of branches full of buds. The picture of the hanging branches is about 3/4 of the plant. Massive for a 3 gallon soil pot under 650 watts.

Her sister is even longer but sparser in her style and has a smell that I can only describe as bewitching. She'll get another 10 days or so. Sorry for the blur.

Pandyfackler-you're right, things are starting to pile up in all colors and flavors;) Some real faves in this latest batch-Zamaldelica and the Haze x KCs are both way above par. OE is really interesting and a totally different, floaty, relaxed high, and very tasty of orange fruit on the exhale. Malawi x PCK, or "pink catpiss" as I affectionately call it, will need a cure to take a place among these other gals. Panama Haze I have not yet tasted and am very much looking forward to meeting up again with the Panama taste and high, with whatever extra the Haze brings;)

Would you mind posting a pic of your girl so I don't look so much like a thread hog:biggrin:?

Attachments

• 1 Panama Haze 2 before chop.jpg
    1 Panama Haze 2 before chop.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 102
  • 2 PH2 before chop .jpg
    2 PH2 before chop .jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 3-PH2 before chop closer.jpg
    3-PH2 before chop closer.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 95
  • And down she came at 111 days.jpg
    And down she came at 111 days.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 107
  • All but last big bramch and some small ones.jpg
    All but last big bramch and some small ones.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 136
  • big branches are over 3 feet long.jpg
    big branches are over 3 feet long.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Nice colors, even blurry.jpg
    Nice colors, even blurry.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 96
  • The one and only Panama Haze 1.jpg
    The one and only Panama Haze 1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 96

Spaventa

Veteran
I found this just in time :) I look forward to your assessment of the Haze influence on the Panamas burning aromas. I know that you will make further assessments of it after its cured but Im interested to hear what its like after its dry.

deepwaterdude

I found this just in time :) I look forward to your assessment of the Haze influence on the Panamas burning aromas. I know that you will make further assessments of it after its cured but Im interested to hear what its like after its dry.

Luckily, I'm hugely narrow minded when I smoke. I think I smoked and grew Panama, with three very distinct phenos, almost exclusively for about a year. Then it was Zamaldelica x KC in all its expressions for at least 6 months exclusively. So those strains are hammered into my cell walls, instantly recognizable-and I do nothing if not assess for a good part of the day, so you'll definitely be hearing back;)

I can tell you right now that I really like the Haze x KC better than the extremely balanced and overall excellent ZAmaldelica x KC. That's saying quite a lot. It's very much like the highs I had young, at least the green one I took at 13 weeks; very potent, dreamy and literally punches you in both eyes, seriously.

Reminds me of the time around the age of 14 when after smoking a J of jamaican with my boss I got home absolutely wasted, and with tunnel vision and eyes like slits I had to confront my mother and there was NO other possibility as to what had happened. Nailed. Same thing here. I try to open my eyes wide and only my eyebrows go up, nothing happens with the lids unless I really apply myself, and then I look insane AND stoned. IN conclusion, I feel like I've found at least a hint of those early day highs that were definitely tropical and ridiculous in nature and had undergone long time and travel to get to where they were, so quite cured.

Can't wait to see what longer flowering time and panama genes bring.:biggrin:

She's down a predictable 6th out of 7 plants. This is the big, fat calyxed, redder plant, with strong smells of lemon Panama. Has been throwing a very few "take me I'm ready nanners" and she seemed pretty spent while still being in decent health.

That one plant produced around 24 feet of branches full of buds. The picture of the hanging branches is about 3/4 of the plant. Massive for a 3 gallon soil pot under 650 watts.

Her sister is even longer but sparser in her style and has a smell that I can only describe as bewitching. She'll get another 10 days or so. Sorry for the blur.

Pandyfackler-you're right, things are starting to pile up in all colors and flavors;) Some real faves in this latest batch-Zamaldelica and the Haze x KCs are both way above par. OE is really interesting and a totally different, floaty, relaxed high, and very tasty of orange fruit on the exhale. Malawi x PCK, or "pink catpiss" as I affectionately call it, will need a cure to take a place among these other gals. Panama Haze I have not yet tasted and am very much looking forward to meeting up again with the Panama taste and high, with whatever extra the Haze brings;)

Would you mind posting a pic of your girl so I don't look so much like a thread hog:biggrin:?

Dude your plants are such beasts. Lots of respect to you, your plants and your awesome entertaining journalism. I’ve been procrastinating on taking a pic of my pan haze because to get a good shot, I need to take it out of the room and it’s now a floppy armed octopus plant so it scares me to try haha. I will endeavour to do so by the weekend. It’s at almost 9 weeks and it’s just starting it’s latest flush of flowers, starting to stack and look super tropical now.

Can’t wait to hear an initial smoke report from you bro. I just know these genetics will be gold.

deepwaterdude

Very nice man! I'd bet my rent that she's got all the best of green lemon sugar panama goddess, with buds sparsed out a bit with the haze. Very nice plant. I see you've got your branches nicely tied down-get ready to tie them up;) With first pistils dying, I'd say you only have 8-9 weeks left;) How big is her rootspace (forgive my memory if you've said)?

Very nice man! I'd bet my rent that she's got all the best of green lemon sugar panama goddess, with buds sparsed out a bit with the haze. Very nice plant. I see you've got your branches nicely tied down-get ready to tie them up;) With first pistils dying, I'd say you only have 8-9 weeks left;) How big is her rootspace (forgive my memory if you've said)?

Thanks dood!

Yep lemon candy galore! And you’re so right, these branches are going to need some more bondage very soon. I’m going to crack out the bamboo canes imminently.

She’s in a 6 gallon smart pot and drinks it dry every day. Definitely the biggest, thirstiest plant in the room.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude,

Congrats on your Panama Haze harvest! What a nice yield and outcome :)

Glad you are enjoying with the first smoking tests from your Haze x Kali Chinas too :D Really happy to hear she brings you to places you have not been for years! :ying: I really love this Haze hybrid.

You have wide experience with our strains so your feedback is always greatly appreciated! Looking forward to hear your opinion about how the Panamas you have tried previously compare with the Panama Hazes recently harvested.

Enjoy the flowers of your hard work! :thank you:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ok so I managed to snap a few pics. Here she is at 58 days.

View Image

View Image

View Image

This plant is a surprisingly heavy feeder.

Hi PandyFackler,

What a nice development on your Panama Haze in the last 3 weeks!
Well done! Excellent growing skills, she is enjoying a lot with your good cares. She is going to reach in the next weeks a new peak of resin and terpene production, very promising so far! :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

DeepWaterDude hows the smell and flavor of syd?

Hey, Y'know, syd's perfectly smokeable and breaks up really well. Has dried really dark purple and very crystally, but as far as nose, I'm just getting recently dried cannabis;) I think she'll need a bit of a cure to bring things out, right now all I smell is new crystal. But she's agreeable smoke already, thought not as strong as her green sister maybe? Or maybe backwards. I can't tell, I've smoked both today:biggrin:

I did bring some Panama Haze shake left over from when I jarred the buds to work the other day and shared it around. There was a lot of laughing and talking while working, and I have to say my first joint of it was pretty strong, though good for cleaning, which was the task at hand. The Panama is definitely present in its depth and positivity, but there is a higher end that has its own depth. I don't have enough experience with it yet. But it'll be my next spliff;)

Dubi, thanks for the kind words! I'll definitely report back, can't shut me up. Gonna go look at trichomes on PanHaze1.:thank you:

Holeshot22

Panama 🇵🇦 Haze towers

Panama 🇵🇦 Haze towers

Getting massive . I hope we do t get much rain , before harvest. Doesn't look good!!.Wont get mold, but the branches are so heavy now . I've had to be very careful and make sure they wont snap.

Hello fellow haze heads,

Here’s my Panama haze at 98 days. What do you all think? Is it time to chop yet?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I’ve loved growing this plant. Definitely the healthiest, easiest, biggest and probably most beautiful haze hybrid I’ve experienced (and I’ve grown a few in my time). Not a single nana, hungry as heck and no sensitivity to speak of.

The scent is fairly light but it’s delicious. Lemons, incense and floral. I took an early test bud a couple of weeks ago and the high is so soaring and long lasting. I can’t say enough good things about it. THIS is the strain that the industry should be hyping if they really knew what was up.

deepwaterdude

Hello fellow haze heads,

Here’s my Panama haze at 98 days. What do you all think? Is it time to chop yet?

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

I’ve loved growing this plant. Definitely the healthiest, easiest, biggest and probably most beautiful haze hybrid I’ve experienced (and I’ve grown a few in my time). Not a single nana, hungry as heck and no sensitivity to speak of.

The scent is fairly light but it’s delicious. Lemons, incense and floral. I took an early test bud a couple of weeks ago and the high is so soaring and long lasting. I can’t say enough good things about it. THIS is the strain that the industry should be hyping if they really knew what was up.

Agree wholeheartedly;) Beautiful plant, pandyfackler:tiphat: Maybe 'nother week or two for fun? Fade 'n purple her a bit? Otherwise, looks like no new pistils, so she's easily close. Can't help meddling, have no plants going ATM.:biggrin:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback, especially from growers that I respect so much.

Yeah DWD I have the same opinion as you. Another week and I think she will be perfect.

I’m glad you noticed the purple. It’s kind of hard to see in the pictures with the fluorescent backlighting.

I stopped giving her N over a month ago and have been slowly reducing the daylight hours to what is now a 8/16 schedule.