What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Reveg

dc105

ICMag Donor
Wow! I've been looking for a thread like this one! Big thanks M-user420! I have some dieselgum that has ALL my friends in a frenzy! I ran a scrog last time, but had about 8 plants in 1 storage container! Hello! What was I thinking? They were so rootbound it was pathetic! I just cut the buds off and there is ALOT of vegetation in the screen and below! I'm working on setting up a big hydro grow, do you think I could cut and wash the roots real good and grow then in a dwc? They have been on 18/6 for a couple of weeks now and I would probably be ready to place them in about 2 more weeks! Oh! Is is necessary to use less wattage in early reveg stage? Watcha think?
and thanks again for this thread. I usually hear horror stories about revegging.

medicaluser420

doobieduck-Great job with that girl.Multiple harvest from one plant.Gotta love that.

yukon- Thanks,I learned the technique from someones post on OG. Just wanted everyone to have the know how in case they wanted to do it.I did not believe until I saw it myself. Great looking girl, the buds were twice as sweet.LOL.

jumblyjoe-Sorry to hear. Don't worry one is all you need.:muahaha: it will give you many cuts identical to the mom. Good Luck with her let us know how she does.

dc105- I don't see why not although it might shock them for a few days maybe a week after. Especially since it's already struggling to reveg then once it starts to you are gonna rip off the roots wash them and transplant. They will be in reveg 4 weeks before you actually transplant to there new home. Personally I dont harvest till I am ready to reveg/transplant them in small containers that same day. Anyway I think it will work just fine other then the shock for a few days( but that's normal). You can use whatever watts you want you just have watch the temps dont move the light right on top and fry them alive.Keep the lights(250,400) a few feet away and even farther if your light(600.1k) is more powerful. hope this helps. Good Luck with your girls.

G

Med420-

Awesome!! One of the best threads around!! :lurk:

After reading through, I was wondering what would happen if you didn't trim the rootball back? Just partially harvested and switched back to 20/4. Does the plant need new root growth to support new leaf growth?

Once again.....great thread!! :woohoo:

Bh

G

Bipedalhominid said:
Med420-

Awesome!! One of the best threads around!! :lurk:

After reading through, I was wondering what would happen if you didn't trim the rootball back? Just partially harvested and switched back to 20/4. Does the plant need new root growth to support new leaf growth?

Once again.....great thread!! :woohoo:

Bh

I think u run the risk of "root rot" if u dont trim some back....plus u should transplant anyway to get them into a new vegetative mix. I'm sure u could pull it off otherwise, but it wont be ideal.

medicaluser420

It will probably still work but like yukon said you risk root rot from it having too much water early on. Plus then there is no more room for the new roots to expand into. Personally I dont want it staying in the big pot cause another girl can be using the space but I have never done it like that so really I don't know.

medicaluser420

Dr.Duck -Thanks man I just fealt like I needed to give something back for all the great info that I learned from others. I still got quite a bit to learn.

Here are some new pics of the girls. First here are couple pics of the Found Girl.

Next is the White Rhino.

Roaddog

Hey Med420 :wave:
Question for ya.
After you dou you 1st cut. and trim down,do you use any hormonal type stuff on the stalks? Olivias, clonex?
Superthrive is great for what it does. I I use it at specific times
But for promoting initial growth dunring reveg ??
Any Ideas?

Thanks,

RD

medicaluser420

Roaddog-Thanks for coming by.

For the clones I use nothing. All I do is cut them and then re-cut them under water.

I leave the wounds on the moms alone I figure they fix themselves.
For the moms I just feed them water with a drop of superthrive. I occasionaly feed them with 1/2 the recomended veg nutes but only if they look like they need it. Yeah i would use the superthrive on the plant you are trying to reveg just dont use alot. I do a drop in a gallon and just leave the water ready for when it needs it since I cant give it the hole thing.

medicaluser420

bongasaurus- that girl looks prime it would have been a nice a mom but only if you really loved what it made or else what's the point of keeping it around.

Here is another update on the two girls First a picture of the Found girl.

Here is the White Rhino from Nirvana

medicaluser420

Very Bad News guys. I was taking a look at them when I saw the worst pest of them all, spider mites are all over my white rhino girl and they were staring to get on the Found girl. The WR is beyond help so I am just gonna toss it outside and spray it down. The Found girl has very few mites so I am gonna spray her down, but I am leaving her inside. :badday: Damn, I hate mites. At least they didn't get my other mom or my clones. :D

G

kill them mites! send in the predators!

great thread. i'm going to reveg from my current crop. growing 16 different females and this time i'm going to reveg for a mom or two.

i've had previous success with clones taken from flowering plants but this will be my first reveg. will post pics if ever anything to look at.

kill the mites!

G

Sorry to hear that Medi:: I have my Mantis egg warming for the summer grow as we speak, can't be to careful. Thanks for this great thread.. S. Silly

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Four Play re-veg

Four Play re-veg

43 day flowering of my Four Play from Head Seeds...plant is about 36" x 36" about 28" tall and ALL COLAS.....this will be double the harvest from original grow. The resin output is 2 to three time any strain I have, Dr. Duck.

Last edited:

medicaluser420

As if things could not get any fucking worse the shit has hit the fan for me. I apparently must have missed some mites. Bam they infected all my moms at least the bottom halves of them, so I acted fast I cut four clean branches off the top of each mom and tossed the original moms outside. Now I have to root these mitefree clones and pick the best one of each to be a replacement mom. I try to never look at the negative side of things just the positive. Sure my moms got mites but at least I was blessed enough to spot them before they had taken over completely leaving me no clones to take. So as you all can imagine my little clone army was also infectced but they are not as bad and I have been fighting them on a daily basis.(spray and killing them by hand with a glove.) I might have to look into buying a couple preying mantis. They are 2-3 weeks or so into flowering and barely starting to pack on the weight. I will try to get some pics up later.

herbie3000- Good luck with it and post up some pics if you like.

StonedSilly - Smart move I usually try to prevent them all together but that what my dumbass gets for listening to a newb. never bring outdoors indoors.

dobbieduck- I love how they look when you flower them a 2nd time. Bushy madness if you dont trim the lower buds and branches.

Delta9-THC- I will probably look into that more and buy a couple of them.

Thanks for stoping by, I hope thing are all going better for you guys. I cant complain I will still get some all right buds I just hate knowing there might be might in it.

medicaluser420

Here is an update on the Found it has done its job. I cut all the other branches cause they had mites but this one was clean. Anyway like I said I already got some cuts from her just wanted you guys to see how it turned out.

Here are the Conquistador cuts in flower. Nugs are about the size of my thumb. Coming up on week 4 since 12/12.

Lightstorm

Last edited:

medicaluser420

Personaly I dont think it effects potency a bit but then again I have never really run a test to compare the results. However I do believe the clones I took will be just as potent as the original plant.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Four Play re-veg

Four Play re-veg

Hey 420 thanks for the nomination of my Hashberry. Here is my Four play mom and her second birth of colas. Tripple the first flowering in size and quanity. My Blueberry is on her third flower and ditto for her. Sorry bout the mites.

As for the potency issue.....not an issue!

Below is the Four Play plant at 50 days flower the second time around. This is ONE, 1, plant...................................need I say more? Dr. Duck