What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
First wave of my harvest is almost stabilized in the jar. Just took the rest of her down the other day. So far she smokes really sweet, and has a nice mellow clear high. Delicious aromas. Can't wait for a nice cure, but this one is already outstanding. :)

Sounds great Xerb!

LostTribe

Premium user
Heres one of the last from a pack of 2015 reg Zamadelica. Vegging under HPS. Not sure as I was hoping some of these would prove more NLD. I culled all 3 GT freebies I started also from 2015 and extremely BLD so I figure they were Malawi type. I have a lot more of the GT so may crack the rest and see I there is anything more interesting in there. I have one Zam from that pack left and a 5 pack or regs or so from 2020.
fetch?photoid=17808914.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17808914.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	17810281

The very fist Zamadelica from the original pack grew fairly narrow leaflets when put in flower so maybe this one will work out. The GT were very fat 5 leaflets, maybe they came from an earlier release with less Thai types, not sure.

LT

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful expression TexasTea :) I've been admiring again your pics from latest pages and wow, simply love the balance of traits of your girl!
First in early-mid flowering, i thought she was a Zamal/Thai pheno, with those unmistakable red stems from the Meao Thai dad, thin and elegant frame like Thai and Zamal, and a relatively small size and short- moderate stretching for a sativa, these 2 traits come from Zamal too. But now the buds are ripening i can also detect the signature huge Malawi trichomes as well .... if the terpenes and effects are of your taste i think you may have a winner ;) Hope you saved clones of her !

LostTribe, morphologically yours sure looks more Malawi influenced, let's see how she evolves during flowering.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
hola-

i have a pack of zam’s dated 16/10/12.
i think these are the “terrorific” and ~10% hermie’ing release?
if so, does that hermie rate apply to all phenos, and/or sex?
i’ve got (cbg) durbans above ground now, and want to do a cross with the zams.
if the zam males are worse with hermie’ing, i’ll lose them and focus resources on the zam ladies, and just use durb pollen for the cross.
dubi mentioned earlier in this thread that, “Malawi has the potential to produce very interesting
clear non heavy effects when is crossed with another nice sativas with these type of clear effects”.
hopefully crossing the malawi-leaning zams with the durban will help achieve this result.
never got a “cold” pheno from the previous cbg durban run, with most offering a high sort of in
the middle of the greenhaze x meaothai cross... lightly energetic and euphoric, delivered with crystal clarity.

gracias y saludos

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola LowFalutin,

Then must be the original regular release, based on the packing date. That release was the intial 3 way outcross and therefore was more variable and needs good selection to find those remarkable or trippy plants, next Zamaldelica versions are more consistent for traits and quality i was looking for and rarely produce hermies.

The heavy Malawi crossed with stable, clear and uplifting pure sativa usually produce strong effects, yet more on the clear side, like that's the case of Purple Haze x Malawi. Zamaldelica crossed with Durban sounds like a really nice blend! :yes:

LostTribe

Premium user
Wonderful expression TexasTea :) I've been admiring again your pics from latest pages and wow, simply love the balance of traits of your girl!
First in early-mid flowering, i thought she was a Zamal/Thai pheno, with those unmistakable red stems from the Meao Thai dad, thin and elegant frame like Thai and Zamal, and a relatively small size and short- moderate stretching for a sativa, these 2 traits come from Zamal too. But now the buds are ripening i can also detect the signature huge Malawi trichomes as well .... if the terpenes and effects are of your taste i think you may have a winner ;) Hope you saved clones of her !

LostTribe, morphologically yours sure looks more Malawi influenced, let's see how she evolves during flowering.

Hard to say. I've re read both the Zam and GT threads. I have 2 pics from the first Zam I ran and it looks like what someone said leaned Thai but the leaves were fatter during veg with the flowering buds having narrower leafs.

The GT were much wider leaflets which threw me off, I want to crack a bunch and see if I can find any different individuals. I topped the Zam and its beginning to bush up but still unsexed.

These are all regs. No worries, I just loved the first one and certainly would have kept a cutting if I could have. The search continues....

I'll update when I am able to bloom.

Best
LT

Has anyone experienced mutated seedlings from Zamaldelica regular? All 4 seeds that I have germinated have had asymmetrical, malformed leaves. Within these, there have been two distinct phenotypes. One has normal sized leaves where the leaflets look shredded or have uneven serrations. The other produced very small leaves initially that with a distinctive hooked shape with strange, hairy petioles. The next node seemed to be missing until additional strange leaves emerged very quickly.

The previously grown hooked pheno (female) ended up growing normally after a few nodes, if not more vigorously than its larger leaved counterpart (a hermaphrodite) or the ACE Mix regulars I started with them. Dark green and a pine-tree like structure, although stunted by a small pot.

The seeds seemed very old, one having a hole through the shell, so I can't rule that out as factor. It's been a common trait with months between germination, slightly different environments and other seedlings unaffected.

MexicanSun

Hi, I have a few Zamaldelica fems growing in small pots on my balcony in Mexico, and 2 distinct phenos have emerged:

Zamaldelica type #1 is stretchy and branchy without being leafy and the buds are kind of orange and the smell is sweet and tropical like mango.

Zamaldelica #2 has similar mango smells but they are more intense, the buds are bigger and denser but also leafier, but the biggest difference compared with the others is the short and bushy/chunky structure and darker green foliage.

Any idea what phenos I might have or what parentals they are taking after?

Here are some pics

Attachments

• photo2037571.jpg
    photo2037571.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2037572.jpg
    photo2037572.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 50

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi 5alamander, some Zamaldelica could have asymmetrical growth from Zamal and Thai genetics, but i've never seen a mutated Zamaldelica neither i've heard a similar issue from customers since its release. Could you pm me or email us with the packing date of your envelope and pics showing clearly the problem ?

Thanks TexasTea :yummy: Glad you are enjoying there with your Zamaldelica harvest ;)

Beautiful Zamaldelica colas MexicanSun :) I like a lot what i'm seeing, they are enjoying there, that's for sure!

Zamadelica is a polyhybrid so traits from the 3 landrace sativa involved in the strain appear recombined, this means you hardly will find a pure Thai, pure Zamal or pure Malawi phenotype, but nowadays more consistent expressions towards Zamaldelica elite terpenes and effects, especially in the fem line (regular is much more diverse). The orangy looking buds come also from Zamaldelica elite. The plants in your 2 pics look mainly Malawi influenced in the bud structure and leaf traits, but the sweet mango terpenes are all Zamal-Zamadelica elite. All this should be the norm in the Zamaldelca fem version since last 5 years or so.

Common Sense

Y'all, I am working on a vape report after 3 months of curing Zamaldelica but I am stuck in stage 1 of the process. Vaping. This is good stuff.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi El Timbo,

Yes, current new Zamaldelica regular stock contains mainly F2 x F2 = F3s, and also Zamaldelica elite F1 x F2. This is explained in more detail in new Zamaldelica Breeders Pack.

Zamaldelica fem version is Zamaldelica elite mother F1 crossed with New Malawi Killer then backcrossed to Zamaldelica elite mother. The fem version is technically not a F3, but more a semi inbred line towards Zamaldelica elite mother, but bred also after 2 breeding steps since the F1, so it is listed as F3 to don't make it too complicated.

Enjoy Common Sense! ;)

El Timbo

Zamaldelica fem version is Zamaldelica elite mother F1 crossed with New Malawi Killer then backcrossed to Zamaldelica elite mother.

Thanks - and was the Zamaldelicia F1 x NMK parent selected for Zamal/Zamaldelicia traits?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Selected for Zamadelica elite growth, terpenes, effects and personality, but with the New Killer 'phantom' resins, then backcrossed again to Zamaldelica elite mother.

Common Sense

dubi wrote in the Honduras x Panama thread after I noted little difference between the two strains shortly after harvest:
Thanks for the feedback Common Sense :) Glad you are enjoying with the effects and terpenes of your Zamadelica and Honduras x Panama harvest.
You will find more differences in the effects once the harvest is well cured and you are more used to each strain.

Spot on about this one, dubi. As predicted, the two strains each developed their very own and distinct character after a 3 month cure. I'd like to report on my Zamaldelica a bit more in detail in this thread.

Z fem seeds were purchased from a reseller in 2019, date on the package 1/3/18. Grown on soil, flowering time 86 days. 3.5 months cure

Jar smell:
sweet sweet, fruity of mango or maracuja type, definitely root beer. Flowery. So concentrated and intense, it appears almost chemical with a hint towards rubber solvent.

I don't smoke so I can only tell you how it comes out of my vaporizer. It is a very smooth vape, makes thick clouds.

The taste is awesome, especially the first couple hits: a strong eucalyptus-menthol note with pine sap. Next will be herbal, incense. My notes say carrot. Don't challenge me on that one.

The high comes on gradually and develops in strength for 5 to 15 minutes. Be respectful on this one, I noticed it can keep growing for more than 30 minutes.
Usually, within about 30 min it is clear headed, euphoric and uplifting. The uplifting and euphoric part is not not quite as prominent as in HxP and it is also a bit less clear, but in my opinion Zamaldelica is a little more energizing, an effect that has definitely developed more during the months of curing. Shortly after harvest, it was more kind, relaxing.
I usually notice a rush in the head, around the eyes, only a very slight body buzz, no body stone except for a slight tingling. Body feels light, increased sense of hearing, head feeling improved more than body sense. Music starts playing in my head, this is really cool. I can think of a song from my record collection and can start playing it in my head as if it was stored in my brain as a mp3 file. Well, not exactly, but amazing anyway.
Generally, I am having a very happy time and get the kicks out of sitting on the couch to chat with my wife. Alternatively, look out the window, watching the raven in the tree on a windy day. Suddenly realizing the greatest thing on earth is the afternoon sun is shining on my left ear, I don’t know why, but the late afternoon sun on the left ear is something specially good. think about it next time, folks.
As more time passes by and after 2 more hits after 90min, I am starting to wonder how the "coolness factor" of a car license plate (state, city) - besides obvious clear differences in location dependent quality of life - has an effect on where people live and how they drive... not that this would be a problem the world needs to solve. Just like I start to think about whether the way body mass index is calculated could possibly put shorter people at a disadvantage.
As more time passes by or with higher doses, it starts to get more trippy and psychedelic. It can make some really fascinating closed eye visuals. Trippy effect is more pronounced than in Honduras x Panama. HxP can still take you for quite a ride in higher doses and as the high progresses when the Panama side shines through.

Zamaldelica is really good for sex in my experience. I wrote about that in my Kali China report, both are great in that respect, but in different ways. Kali China is incredibly sensual and greatly enhances the perception to touch. Zamaldelica I found does that too, but to a lesser extent. It really does stimulate the mental part, however. Frankly put, that stuff can make you very horny once things start to get going... I've tasted my share of cannabis strains, these two would be at the very top of my list of recommendations as far as eroticism is concerned. (Makes you want to try the Zamaldelica x Kali China cross...)

Now that we arrived at comparisons, how does Zamaldelica place itself in my little world of cannabis strains? Well, I can definitely say without any hesitation, it is hands down the best weed I ever had. Period.
Except for Honduras x Panama. But which of the two is "better"? The simple answer is: the one that is in my pipe. The euphoric, uplifting effect of HxP, while being so kind and not racy, is so exquisite, it deserves the highest possible rating and recommendation. But as life has different situations and conditions for us every day, I somehow find myself putting Zamaldelica into my grinder more often.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
zamaldelica flower is on the menu…
$10/gr up to $140/oz
at zion cannabis in portland, oregon…
https://zioncannabis.com/portland-dispensary-menu/
their pheno, thru the vape, tastes of sweet mango and “carrot wood”.
effects are “feeling groovy” warmth with a light-to-medium energetic push, then evolves
into a bit more of a stone. and the “orb-ness” of your eyeballs becomes more apparent.
good to see ace genetics at a local dispensary. :)
saludos

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
very cool. only seen two ace strainsnat the dispo on the east coast, been probably two years.

everything is gelato this, and cake that... at least i can find some kind of chemdawg hybrid and maybe some sour jack here and there, wish they offered some tropical sativas...

hopefully soon i can legally have my own zam...

cheers