What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger smoke report!

Spaventa

Veteran
previously posted by myself in another thread...for the sake of all those who probably would not find it...

GOLDEN TIGER:

Well, I'm using it right now and have been choofing this stuff over the last few weeks...I should mention that the stuff I did was a little way off finishing though it was reasonably well done, just I like to perfect things and I have no doubt that this stuff could be way better if done a tad longer, though that's sorta hard to imagine!

WARNING: Golden Tiger is NOT one of your typical African sativas which are gnerally known for having very energetic, clear, "up" highs.

I had plenty of specimens as I did 4 packs together and was able to do some selectiive breeding along the way. Not a lot of obvious phenotype variances, so pretty stable.

The first thing that hits you is the flavour. A really notable mandarine flavour, almost a tad bitter like citrus peel can be at times but a pleasant and moreish taste. The smoke burns a little bit hot but not too severe.

The high is a bit of a creeper. A way down the pinny and you start to feel her coming on. At first, its a very intense rush but after a while this settles to an intense up high which subsequently reverts to a good solid stonning to both head and body and you can easily feel pistil-whipped and disorientated from downing a fatty with a friend. The "up" end of the high is also quite complex with a lot of psychadelic and euphoric substance to it, so it's not a clear buzz but not what I'd call a muddy high either...it's too intensely high to be muddy and too complex to be clear. There's an intense interaction going on between the psychadelic, the sens of euphoria and psychic consciousness while the high is still in its upper register, however...

a burnout effect is quite noticable as you are coming down off it and that can be quite protracted. I feel totally wasted after smoking this stuff for a while and next morning hangovers are quite the norm. One of my biggest problems with smoking this strain is that I find it really hard not to keep falling asleep once I've come down from intensity of the initial high but this could be circumstantial due to a bit of nervous tension and lack of sleep on my part. One of the nearest experiences I've had to a heroin experience in that it takes you rocketing up so intensely high and then brings you down with this heavy gravity effect while the high is still going forward...you could be forgiven for thinking this had heavy indica influences in it.

One of the outstanding things about GT is the minimal amount you need to get off on. I keep trying to limit myself to rolling really skinny pin joints but even these send a couple of seasoned smokers flying before it belts you back down by whanging you about the back of the head.

I'm sure if this stuff were grown out to its fullest, it would want to come with a serious warning on it. Grows a chunky beast with tight sizable nuggets that turn lovely blueish hues with deep orange overlays toward the end. The bud is excessively greasy and holds together well in joints.

After an intense sky rocket ride, you hang out with a very befuddled mind bearing a warm glow to it that sits somewhere between a very high high and a stone, leaving you pretty wasted but baked if you push it. Not the best weed for working on. Not the best social weed unless your tolerances are very high. In public, the red-eyed stupor overriding your face is going to give you away for sure.
Surprisingly, you can actually get a bit done on this stuff if you're quick enough not to get too blazed but so easy to fall into the trap. Pays to be very conservative in dosing and medicating.
Don't ever recall smoking anything harder hitting. She delivers a real solid brute force that is distinctive on a number of levels and isn't just about raw potency. IMHO, a truly remarkable hybrid!

One question - how did the smoke smell? or how did the room smell after you smoked it :biggrin: Anything behind the citrus top notes? anything earthy? Thanks

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Spaventa,

Take in mind that billyblog's smoke report is about an earlier Golden Tiger version.

Golden Tiger has been greatly improved in every sense since 2014, especially since the introduction in its genepool of the Koh Chang Thai mother and the New Killer Malawi mother. Current Golden Tiger versions (especially the fem version) are more powerful, with higher THC content, better adapted to indoor growing, with a more complex terpene profile than pre 2014 Golden Tiger versions.

But i think i know what you are looking for ;) That special incensey aroma that the best dutch Haze hybrids from the mid 90s had (Jack Herer, Kali Mist, Neville's Haze, etc ...) left in the room after being burnt.

In that sense, Golden Tiger isn't and has never been very incensey.
It's terpene profile is a mix of the woody, lemony, lime thai classic aromas, blended with the oily, resinous Malawi aromas/taste.

As a guide, we have a good range of strains with refined incensey aromas:

Panama and its hybrids: Lemony incensey
Tikal and its hybrids: Peach and strawberry incense
Kali China and its hybrids: Mango incensey
China Yunnan: Creamy hashy incensey
Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids: 'Old school' woody incensey

hope it helps!

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi Spaventa,

Take in mind that billyblog's smoke report is about an earlier Golden Tiger version.

Golden Tiger has been greatly improved in every sense since 2014, especially since the introduction in its genepool of the Koh Chang Thai mother and the New Killer Malawi mother. Current Golden Tiger versions (especially the fem version) are more powerful, with higher THC content, better adapted to indoor growing, with a more complex terpene profile than pre 2014 Golden Tiger versions.

But i think i know what you are looking for ;) That special incensey aroma that the best dutch Haze hybrids from the mid 90s had (Jack Herer, Kali Mist, Neville's Haze, etc ...) left in the room after being burnt.

In that sense, Golden Tiger isn't and has never been very incensey.
It's terpene profile is a mix of the woody, lemony, lime thai classic aromas, blended with the oily, resinous Malawi aromas/taste.

As a guide, we have a good range of strains with refined incensey aromas:

Panama and its hybrids: Lemony incensey
Tikal and its hybrids: Peach and strawberry incense
Kali China and its hybrids: Mango incensey
China Yunnan: Creamy hashy incensey
Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids: 'Old school' woody incensey

hope it helps!

I appreciate that Dubi but I have those covered - Im doing my second runs of P.HazexMalawi, PanamaHaze and Tikal soon. I did them a couple of years ago but didn't do them justice I felt so doing them again. I genuinely was interested in something different to the classic dutch incense aromas though and woody oily is another distinct profile I like.
apart from that the growth, potency and flower time ALL appeal to me :)
I must try her Dubi :tiphat:

Mick

Veteran
Got some Golden Tiger cookies and it's special. First time I had my normal dose and it was way too much. It took me over and spanked me good. It felt like I could see my neural pathways being destroyed and then recreated in a much better way, possibly making for a better me, but time will tell. Very trippy weed. The day after felt like my feet weren't quite touching the ground and I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Good stuff. May the Green Goddess shine on Ace :)

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

previously posted by myself in another thread...for the sake of all those who probably would not find it...

GOLDEN TIGER:

Well, I'm using it right now and have been choofing this stuff over the last few weeks...I should mention that the stuff I did was a little way off finishing though it was reasonably well done, just I like to perfect things and I have no doubt that this stuff could be way better if done a tad longer, though that's sorta hard to imagine!

WARNING: Golden Tiger is NOT one of your typical African sativas which are gnerally known for having very energetic, clear, "up" highs.

I had plenty of specimens as I did 4 packs together and was able to do some selectiive breeding along the way. Not a lot of obvious phenotype variances, so pretty stable.

The first thing that hits you is the flavour. A really notable mandarine flavour, almost a tad bitter like citrus peel can be at times but a pleasant and moreish taste. The smoke burns a little bit hot but not too severe.

The high is a bit of a creeper. A way down the pinny and you start to feel her coming on. At first, its a very intense rush but after a while this settles to an intense up high which subsequently reverts to a good solid stonning to both head and body and you can easily feel pistil-whipped and disorientated from downing a fatty with a friend. The "up" end of the high is also quite complex with a lot of psychadelic and euphoric substance to it, so it's not a clear buzz but not what I'd call a muddy high either...it's too intensely high to be muddy and too complex to be clear. There's an intense interaction going on between the psychadelic, the sens of euphoria and psychic consciousness while the high is still in its upper register, however...

a burnout effect is quite noticable as you are coming down off it and that can be quite protracted. I feel totally wasted after smoking this stuff for a while and next morning hangovers are quite the norm. One of my biggest problems with smoking this strain is that I find it really hard not to keep falling asleep once I've come down from intensity of the initial high but this could be circumstantial due to a bit of nervous tension and lack of sleep on my part. One of the nearest experiences I've had to a heroin experience in that it takes you rocketing up so intensely high and then brings you down with this heavy gravity effect while the high is still going forward...you could be forgiven for thinking this had heavy indica influences in it.

One of the outstanding things about GT is the minimal amount you need to get off on. I keep trying to limit myself to rolling really skinny pin joints but even these send a couple of seasoned smokers flying before it belts you back down by whanging you about the back of the head.

I'm sure if this stuff were grown out to its fullest, it would want to come with a serious warning on it. Grows a chunky beast with tight sizable nuggets that turn lovely blueish hues with deep orange overlays toward the end. The bud is excessively greasy and holds together well in joints.

After an intense sky rocket ride, you hang out with a very befuddled mind bearing a warm glow to it that sits somewhere between a very high high and a stone, leaving you pretty wasted but baked if you push it. Not the best weed for working on. Not the best social weed unless your tolerances are very high. In public, the red-eyed stupor overriding your face is going to give you away for sure.
Surprisingly, you can actually get a bit done on this stuff if you're quick enough not to get too blazed but so easy to fall into the trap. Pays to be very conservative in dosing and medicating.
Don't ever recall smoking anything harder hitting. She delivers a real solid brute force that is distinctive on a number of levels and isn't just about raw potency. IMHO, a truly remarkable hybrid!
I have 3 of these seedlings going, awesome report- thanks! 🌞

Sparkus_Maximus

Hi Mick,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Golden Tiger :)
Sounds like she delivers a very strong and trippy long lasting high.
Glad it changed your world!
Greetings Dubi, I have 3 GT seedlings from the reg. pack going, about 5 days old Can't seem to find any info on when could I expect them to : 1- indicate sex 2- finish here in 37N inside a greenhouse-type environment. Thanks in advance✨

Ras Kali Rasta

Greetings Dubi, I have 3 GT seedlings from the reg. pack going, about 5 days old Can't seem to find any info on when could I expect them to : 1- indicate sex 2- finish here in 37N inside a greenhouse-type environment. Thanks in advance✨

I grew GT fem 12/12 from seed outdoors this season. I'm at around 27S, but i dont think the latitude will make any difference when germinating straight into a flowering photoperiod. They took about 6 weeks to sex, and from there, another 11-13 weeks to finish if i recall correctly. The regs tend to be slightly longer flowering. Have a look at my posts on the main GT thread for more accurate details.

Sparkus_Maximus

I grew GT fem 12/12 from seed outdoors this season. I'm at around 27S, but i dont think the latitude will make any difference when germinating straight into a flowering photoperiod. They took about 6 weeks to sex, and from there, another 11-13 weeks to finish if i recall correctly. The regs tend to be slightly longer flowering. Have a look at my posts on the main GT thread for more accurate details.
Thanks Kali, Mine are only about 9-10 days old so far, doing well basking in the sun. I think I will just take them as far as temperatures will allow, and then bring them inside where they will continue receiving direct waning seasonal sunlight, along with the ever-waning daylight hours, into and throughout December. I'm interested how they will look around Christmas, and if need be I can bring them under LED's which are the only other option, - finishing them indoors. Obviously I'd like to let these GT's finish in the Natural Sunlight, yet at a certain point the natural daylight hours start Increasing again, so I will most likely have to finish tem off -inside under Lamps, possibly on a 10/14 cycle or something of that nature. Pure speculation on my part here, as it's my first-try running this Fabled -Legend of interesting Thai-heritage . Still have a few beans left, for a second attempt, started only 3- reg beans as ''space-fillers'' scheduled for their own (attention on my part) separately from the other ladies running currently...

Last edited:

Ras Kali Rasta

Thanks Kali, Mine are only about 9-10 days old so far, doing well basking in the sun. I think I will just take them as far as temperatures will allow, and then bring them inside where they will continue receiving direct waning seasonal sunlight, along with the ever-waning daylight hours, into and throughout December. I'm interested how they will look around Christmas, and if need be I can bring them under LED's which are the only other option, - finishing them indoors. Obviously I'd like to let these GT's finish in the Natural Sunlight, yet at a certain point the natural daylight hours start Increasing again, so I will most likely have to finish tem off -inside under Lamps, possibly on a 10/14 cycle or something of that nature. Pure speculation on my part here, as it's my first-try running this Fabled -Legend of interesting-heritage of a Thai -Nature. Still have a few beans left, for a second attempt, started only 3- reg beans as ''space-fillers'' scheduled for their own (attention on my part) aside from the other ladies running currently...

They will continue flowering without reveging during the increasing photoperiod after winter solstice. They just need to finish before spring equinox, which is almost 6 months away. You've got heaps of time. Best of luck. Prepare yourself for a wild ride when it comes time to smoke.

Sparkus_Maximus

They will continue flowering without reveging during the increasing photoperiod after winter solstice. They just need to finish before spring equinox, which is almost 6 months away. You've got heaps of time. Best of luck. Prepare yourself for a wild ride when it comes time to smoke.
Thanks for this info friend, Sound like an adventure worth embarking upon indeed, now at least I know they can go as long as they need which is great since I didn't really want to have to finish them under anything other than natural sunlight ✨🌿