Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Vertical first attempt

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Royal Queen Seeds
Vertical first attempt Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 PM #21
redspaghetti
love machine

redspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud ofredspaghetti has much to be proud of
Its easy to raise the bucket by urself but to get it right you gotta do it slowly

instead of cinder blocks get some half that size and start one by one, once you get all of them up on the smaller block, now it would be a lot easier to move them on to the big block

this might take you half hour to do so but your plants will love you for it

other then that you can wait for them to grow to that height ehehe

happy growing bro

cheers,
redspaghetti is offline Quote

Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 AM #22
Aerohead
space gardener

Aerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really nice
Thanks Red, That would work but I still need to bring the temp up a little so I am going to hang the filter up high and go bare bulb asap...

While I am waiting for something interesting to happen I thought I could post some pics of the dwc system and the clones in it.
I am using 7 5gal buckets 6 black for the plants and 1 white for the control bucket. I use white for the control bucket because it's easier to see the color of the nutes and any potential problems, only drawback is the light causes algea with the white bucket so I wrapped it with black duct tape and cover it with a black towel.

In the control bucket I have a 12 watt air pump running 4 24" flexible wands and a very small (4 watts) fountain pump pushing water through a 1/4 inch line to a bucket in the center of the chain. This is just to be sure enough water exchanges between the buckets to get an accurate PH reading of all 6, I couldn't imagine PHing 6 buckets individually... I also use a 40 watt air pump to drive 6 48" flexible air wands one for each bucket.

Now for the clones, I haven't had them very long and they were in kinda rough shape nutrient wise but very bushy and mature for clones. They are rooting very well and when I get the light closer I expect them to explode. Check out these Romberry and Critical Mass clones.

Aerohead is offline Quote

Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 AM #23
Aerohead
space gardener

Aerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really niceAerohead is just really nice
This is a little off topic but does anyone know why I can't post pics in "original only" format? It's driving me crazy, I can only post thumbnails linked to original, The original only option doesn't show up in the list. It sucks because I see everyone else posting big pics and I get jealous...

Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 AM #24
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

Maj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerohead View Post
This is a little off topic but does anyone know why I can't post pics in "original only" format? It's driving me crazy, I can only post thumbnails linked to original, The original only option doesn't show up in the list. It sucks because I see everyone else posting big pics and I get jealous...
The only way I know how to do it is to have your gallery open in another tab and click the pic you want and below it is a box for BB Code, copy that and paste in in your post. HTH
Maj.Cottonmouth is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2010, 02:35 PM #25
Aerohead
space gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Cottonmouth View Post
The only way I know how to do it is to have your gallery open in another tab and click the pic you want and below it is a box for BB Code, copy that and paste in in your post. HTH
Thanks buddy, tested it and it works, I no longer have large picture envy...

The room got down to 66 last night lights on, I have to make the time to mount that filter and ditch the tube. I did go buy some nylon straps and hardware to mount it, just no time yet to take the plunge... I will change it soon.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:41 PM #26
ILoveit

ILoveit will become famous soon enough
What day in veg were those pics taken in?
ILoveit is offline Quote

Old 12-24-2010, 10:08 PM #27
Aerohead
space gardener

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveit View Post
What day in veg were those pics taken in?
Those pics were taken on day 4 after I dropped the clones in the buckets. They aren't exactly vegging with the light that far away but I believe it kept them from shock during transplant. Root structures are strong can't wait to drop the light and begin veg stage.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:00 AM #28
ganja_hasi
natural mystic

ganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond reputeganja_hasi has a reputation beyond repute
ganja_hasi has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
they seem to love their new home

ᴥ Wake up call!! ᴥ
ganja_hasi is offline Quote

Old 12-25-2010, 01:54 AM #29
Aerohead
space gardener

I made the time to change a few things in the room, I was able to put some spacers on an existing shelf in the room and use nylon straps (thanks MC) to keep it from rolling off the shelf. I put the cooltube in storage for hotter weather and dropped the bulb down lower.

You can't see it in the pics but there is a fan on the floor under the bulb blowing up at the carbon filter, I also have a small oscillating fan in the corner that will later be upgraded for a larger one.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:03 AM #30
Devlove

Devlove is on a distinguished road
I will definately be following this because I am about to set-up something similar in a tent, I've never done dwc what is the controller that they are hooked up to? You mentioned you dim your ballast for your eyes, I just got some welding glasses as recommended on this site and they definitely help. Amazon welding glasses shade 5. Good luck man looks good.
Devlove is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.