Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Ventilation Question

Thread Title Search
Ventilation Question Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2017, 08:46 PM #11
DuskrayTroubador

DuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to all
I drew up a crude blueprint of the setup I have in mind. My goal is to keep it as simple as possible while still getting adequate ventilation and humidity control. Plants aren't included in the diagram, but I plan on running a stadium straddling the beam with the light(s).

Keep in mind this will only be up and running for 8 months or so. Will this work without doing duct work? My big concern is that the fan pulling the intake in won't be strong enough to prevent the exhaust from pulling the intake straight up without reaching the rest of the room. Is this a reasonable fear?

Do I need more fans/fans in different positions? If there is a vent already in the wall (for, say, heating the room in the winter), does that count as a sort of "bonus" intake in addition to the one in the door?

Thanks for all your input.

haunted hill; then be sure, exalted to Jove’s high seat,
the great Sperm Whale shall lord it.

— HERMAN MELVILLE, from Moby Dick
DuskrayTroubador is offline Quote

Old 07-06-2017, 08:49 PM #12
DuskrayTroubador

DuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to allDuskrayTroubador is a name known to all
The A/C and/or dehuey will drain into a pool outside that I'll use to water the plants with.

I'm trying to limit my cutting/drilling/otherwise damaging the house to the door only if possible. That way I can simply switch out the door and it's like new (one of the reasons I'm going to construct a wooden frame to house the light(s)).

Old 07-07-2017, 01:25 AM #13
noreason
Natural born Grower

noreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant futurenoreason has a brilliant future
noreason has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Just for 3x600W lamps you don't need so much things imho, because you have cold temperature on your side, that's a great thing.

First point: where you live? Or being specific, what kind of climate you live in? If it's cold and dry it's just perfect. If there is too much humidity then it's not perfect but it's ok...

Let's see...you don't need an intake from outdoor. Just let the air flow from the house in the growroom leaving open door or installing an extractor doing the job. Usually it contains more co2 (less o2) and it's not bad, but the most important you will avoid condensation. Any form of it, because the air is already warm. If too humid, than take in mind using a dehuey, even for a better living in the house.

Than, just place a good extractor fan of your choice blowing directly outdoor.
You can do something like this...pretty stupid but very effective. You just have to make it a little bigger.

If you can set it up this way, I think you will not have any problem with temperature, O2, CO2, condensation. But you will have issues with the smell exits outdoor, depending on the location.

GOD IS THE SUPREME FLOWERING OF INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS.OSHO
Sharing is caring

All posts made by this screen name are absolutely true. All pictures are mine and I don't give a f u c k what your law says.......
noreason is offline Quote

Old 07-10-2017, 01:42 AM #14
DuskrayTroubador

I might be able to swing something like that. One concern, as gorilla pointed out, is that the hot air going outside is going to form icicles, which I'd like to avoid of possible (plus a window fan during winter in the cold northeast is pretty conspicuous).

Would I be alright having both intake and exhaust in the same door?

Old 08-03-2017, 10:33 PM #15
DuskrayTroubador

Would it be alright to leave the door open a bit and mount a an exhaust fan at the top? I'm worried about having an exhaust fan directly above the "intake hole" with no separation. My concern is that the air will effectively make a small loop without ever really reaching the rest of the room.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:55 AM #16
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of lightgorilla ganja is a glorious beacon of light
Run a flexible hose on the intake and put it where ever you want. On the floor opposite the exhaust is usually best. The exhaust should be at the top of room taking hot,humid air out.

Peace GG
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:25 AM #17
DuskrayTroubador

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla ganja View Post
Run a flexible hose on the intake and put it where ever you want. On the floor opposite the exhaust is usually best. The exhaust should be at the top of room taking hot,humid air out.

Peace GG
Apparently I gotta spread some rep around, but I really appreciate the advice.

I think I'm just going to mount the exhaust fan to the door since it's only about 5lbs and leave the door open enough to fit the hose through at the bottom. Then to "seal" it I'll just thumbtack some plastic to cover the gap when I'm not in there.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:27 AM #18
Spaventa

Spaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant future
You could run a tent and have a big dehumidifier in the room next to the tent. As long as you set up an intake that draws from a well ventilated room (windows open), it would work. Oh and your carbon filter better be a good one if your venting into the room the tents in.
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2017, 02:46 AM #19
betshtick

betshtick is on a distinguished road
If you end up venting out and doing fresh air exchange... I'd highly recommend a filter on the exhaust. You'll be dumping the air several times a minute so smell will be an issue otherwise.
betshtick is offline Quote