What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

L

LouDog420

New shot of the cj f2 seed run...

Still waiting on a cut of my f1 casey jones and the white jones to root... If they don't I'll be throwing a big old mama into the seed run with these buggers...

Sitting under 5 - 23w CFLS...

cj f2s
picture.php

sweet tooth #4 ibl... 2 phenos in there
picture.php

also joining the run, but hanging out behind the scenes, out of camera view...

Double Strawberry Diesel x Original Haze/Skunk#1
Super Lemon Haze
Casey Jones F1 (lou's colored cut)
The White Jones (The White x Casey Jones truecannabliss cut)

Cheers all

Last edited:
L

LouDog420

Got roots on my casey jones cut and the casey leaning white jones for any of you at home, waiting in anticipation ;)

Casey f3, bx, and x projects, full steam ahead...

Last edited:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Chea, thats great news bro! I'm excited for this cross ;) Hopefully run it next it OD!

Though id share these with you guys.. time comparison since I put them plants out, they still got a week or 2 more to veg. They gonna be some big mommas :) You can see the date on the bottom

picture.php

picture.php

L

LouDog420

Very cool progression shots buddah!!

Third Coast... Same as the f2s I'm running now ;)

Also ambertrich did a thread here in h3ads forum and ended up with a single lady... Otherwise haven't seen anyone else grow them out and post. Any casey pic posted by me was used in JBs f2s... Also can be found in the strain guide.

Some quick info... 9 females, 4 males, open pollination. A few nanners that may have let an S1 or two slip through.

L

LouDog420

Big thanks to buddah for holding down the cj/sb ix1 while I've been lax on the pics!!

Finally made a visit to the plot to cull males, and they're rocking it! We've been nailed with the heat wave and honestly they haven't gotten more than a half dozen rain showers/storms since they've gone out ~June 1st... Temps in the 90s and spiking around 105... Those water crystals are worth their weight in ganja this year! They definitely got a big old drink while I was out there

Down to something like 13-14 plants now with still a few that I'm iffy on. Mostly ladies though, at least 10 confirmed ;)

Enough talk here's some pics.

Lovely sour bubble bitch right in the middle... Male for mulch
picture.php

Tallest around 5.5'
picture.php

picture.php

Leavin' now....
picture.php

Later gators

Last edited:

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Looking good homie. I put on of my Cj x SB's into flower a day or so ago. Once I got some preflower action going on I will get some pics of here up. I am going to try and get another one in there too. Wish it wasnt such a brutal summer so I could drop the A/C and that would allow me to fit 2-3 more plants in no problem.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
No need to thank me bro! It's my pleasure to be able to share those beauties with you guys :) Loud, Looking good man, gonna have some monsters there for sure! That tallest one is very similar structure to my tallest one too! Did you top them or do any training to them? Anyways, looking forward to them updates! Peace!

L

LouDog420

Sounds good GO! I give all you guys that are still running throughout the summer some props. I'd be going crazy trying to maintain temps and my environment ;)

Thanks stagger! Expecting some big old donkey dick colas by the end of the season. They've still got to veg for a good minute

Buddah topped while they were indoors. Pinched and topped again while planting. And that's how they end up :D

I'll probably get out there once more to clean up the final males and give all the tallest branches another topping before they start their final stretch at the end of this month/beginning of next month

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
I am lucky and never had any issues with temps. I run a portable A/C unit in the tent though so that plus the house HVAC helps. Temps are consistant all year for me even when it is brutal outside.

L

LouDog420

Was running a portable in my room, but needed to modify my intake and exhaust. I had it in the room and was exhausting the cold air, resulting in my AC running way too much.

For next summer, I was planning on putting the AC in my intake air room, and keeping that room cold, while ducting in the cold air and keeping the bare bulbs with lots of air changes. It's either that or run cool tubes with the air around the lights sealed, and leave the ac in the grow room. I don't wanna run cool tubes over bare bulbs, but I don't need to be wasting electricity and efficiency...

Any words of wisdom?? Got a whole year to plan for the heat and want to get it figured so I can replicate and repeat ;)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
LouD, do you recommend me topping them plants next time I see them, in a week prolly?! I've been doing a lot of pintching and tieing the branches down, but i'm scared that wont be enough to keep mold away. I've heard that topping them slows it down... What would you say? Thanks bro! Peace

L

LouDog420

Ya I'd top them again. I will be doing another round of topping here in a few days or two weeks... Depending on weather.

More tops = less giant colas, and less chance for mold IMO. Selection was based on mold, and anything with a tiny hint was not included in these beans. It will also keep them lower and less likely to tumble over...

And topping will certainly slow them down a bit, but with some of these vigorous outdoor ladies, it barely seems to affect them. With only a couple days recovery. LST and pinching accomplishes practically the same thing, so whichever suits your fancy. I like topping, cause I go out, snip a few branches, and I'm done. Very friendly for us guerrillas...

Cheers brother ;)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Thanks LouDog! :)

I guess next time I'll top some and just keep LST/Supercropping the others... See how it compares out in the end :) Definitely trying to avoid losing bud to mold!

Can't wait to see those beauties :biggrin: I'll keep you guys posted!

Thanks once again bro! Peace

F

Fluffy Clouds

yes LouDog.. smaller buds=lesser chance for mold... i found cj extremely resistant... but diesel phenos were more prone to mold... i see your seedlings... very diesel looking :D i think that best phenos of cj are oe phenos(of course always with hint of diesel) but what i saw people usually selected diesel pheno for keeper... may be those oe phenos dont grow so well indoors or need more time to fully adapt to it... but still some cj is better than none :D

good luck!

L

LouDog420

Hey fluffy, same experience over here. CJ grew very nicely out by me, but was pushing the finishing time. So I crossed a bunch of cj and sour bubble males and females and hoped for a quicker finishing, mold resistant outdoor strain. Seems to be working so far 2 generations in ;)

Had 2 very OE leaning plants from the original F1 pack, so the genes are definitely in the F2s. Huge yielding, fat colas, vigorous, but the taste and smell couldn't match my colored keeper... Surely a diesel leaning lady. One of the OE ladies was the main nanner tosser out of the pack as well, worth mentioning....

Those OE leaners were great plants, but were so outshined in the aromatics department, I can't help but imagine that's what did a lot of growers in when selecting.

Damn straight some casey is better than none! Hopefully a few heads that haven't gotten the chance to try her will be able to score some here in a few months :D

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Sweet info there Lou...

I personally have never tried CJ! Looking forward to it :)

Can't wait till the end of October and be a pot snob once again :biggrin:

Peace!

F

Fluffy Clouds

yeah i noticed that cross:) sure its great, congrats hehe i assume casey 70 days strain, is it too long for you?

i agree oe phenos cant match those diesel leaning in taste, i smoked sour diesel ibl few days ago, and casey jones diesel pheno matches it:biggrin: i mean right pheno... but oe matches diesel phenos in sublime qualities of high, effect is not immediate but really long lasting and simply more heady.. but i understand what you selected for..

Latest posts

Latest posts