What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS PH PERFECT PROBLEMS

Hello everyone, as the title suggests I am writing about a problem with the ph perfect line advanced nutrients products for coconut, I am using sensi grow a & b, voodoo juice and b52, I mix everything with bottled water with ec 20 and I find myself ph 5.92 and so far so good, but if I test the ph 1 day later or two days later the ph level also rises up to 6.7. it's normal? I swear I'm going crazy, shouldn't these products block the pH between 5.5 and 6.3? thanks

Diskokobaja

What are u measuring? I have never grown in coco.. But I grow in soil, with AN .I mix all with water, give it to my girls and that's it.
If I have some water left I threw itaway..
So i dont know wtf are you measuring two days after..

Leaflet

You should just ignore the pH.
Your water will naturally rise in pH over time(see below).
The pH Perfect product doesn't actually change your pH significantly(not much).
What it does is - it makes all the nutrients and supplements available to your plant, as long as your starting pH is between 4.0 and 8.0.
As far as the pH changing over time - assuming you actually meant 20 PPM and not an EC of 20, your water is pretty close to distilled water. You can't actually check the pH of distilled water because there isn't enough of anything in the water to conduct electricity. Once it has been exposed to air, the pH will naturally begin to rise over time, which is what you are likely seeing.

troutman

Seed Whore
My pH was low until I checked it. I used too much pH down and since moving here in late Summer never tested the source water.
Now I added a little Dolomitic limestone to my water container and plants are slowly recovering. Moral of the story is test pH and
don't trust anyone. Even a new batch of fertilizers can be off.

Leaflet

No... do not use pH up/down in conjunction with pH Perfect products. You are just fighting the pH Perfect technology when doing so.

Leaflet

@MICHAELPITO here is a helpful tip you may not be aware of. This is important to ensure the technology works properly:
Add part A to your water. Mix well and wait 5 minutes.
Add part B to your water. Mix well and wait 5 minutes.
After this, you may add your supplements.

Hi guys! Thank you for your answers! The water I use has ec 20 (see photo) and I imagined that's why the Ph kept moving, but if this variation doesn't have to worry me then I'll be quiet! Thank you very much for your reassurances :)

Attachments

• 3F3503F8-2F6D-4A89-B5E8-B24AB216B3A0.jpg
    3F3503F8-2F6D-4A89-B5E8-B24AB216B3A0.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 84

Latest posts

Latest posts