What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why is THC % in weed is still misrepresented ?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I think since high % are a sells argument there will be alot cheating and false claims, so not much change from illegal to legal business. Capitalism at its best.

But i don't doubt that there are 20%+ strains and that they exist for long time. But they are the outstanders.

Average herbal cannabis went from 5% to 10% thc in europe from 2006-16.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.14525

sort of

sort of

Because cannabis and tobacco are different plants
differnt plants in far fewer points than they are similiar . a frog has 97% the sabe dna as a person
tobacco , corn , marijuana, tomatoes are all what are described as heavy fruiting seasonals.
they are a standard commercial production plant the same as any other . weed is not special. tabacco is probably the closest as far as growth characteristics , nutritional needs , harvesting, curing etc..
the difference with weed is it has a mysticism to it .
because one has a political correctness affiliation has no bearing on the agricultural aspect .
changing aromatics, biolflavanoids , terpenes , nicotine or thc influencing characteristics are the same processes.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
differnt plants in far fewer points than they are similiar . a frog has 97% the sabe dna as a person
tobacco , corn , marijuana, tomatoes are all what are described as heavy fruiting seasonals.
they are a standard commercial production plant the same as any other . weed is not special. tabacco is probably the closest as far as growth characteristics , nutritional needs , harvesting, curing etc..
the difference with weed is it has a mysticism to it .
because one has a political correctness affiliation has no bearing on the agricultural aspect .
changing aromatics, biolflavanoids , terpenes , nicotine or thc influencing characteristics are the same processes.

But the 97% frog won't let me snack on flys or make me procreate via frogspan.
Interresting topic first but now i can't take you seriouse anymore.
Between chimp and human is less than 1% difference to make a huge impact.
well meant is not well done

Veggia farmer

Good morning!

Thanks a lot for the post. Have never gotten the numbers to add up, but didnt know what formula to calculate with since I didnt knew the method. As you say abouth hash compared to weed. Hash thc % always seemed a little low in comparison hehe.

Have never really thought that straisn could have been developed so insane that people claim this days in this "modern" timeframe. Sure, we have isolated a lot of phenos and made new. But still everyone on this forum can look at those landrace pics and tell by them that there are a lot of resin on them, just maybe not every plant in the genepool.

I smoke some SSH at the moment and they say its potent, sure, But I have gotten other landraces to send me waaay higher mates.

But if we managed to go up in prosent in thc in the oil, what did we lose on the way? CBD? Strains traditionally for pot smoking doesnt have a lot of CBD since it would already be breed out from what I have "heard".

Veggia farmer

Im laughing by my self here. Because have tried to get someone elxplain this to me, and they were so absoluttely sure that it was like this.

We also have a myth about the liberty caps that there is a mother shroom thats 100 times stronger. I say to people if they find some 50 times stronger, give it to me. It would be pure magico if you do the math... But thats another story:tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Most people don't realize that high is influenced by the ratio between cannabinoids and the terpenes in the weed as well. So if you got a nice bud that you like the high and gets you as high as a kite, it's more probable that the ratios of things in it is better for you than it has insane amount of thc.
One documentary jumps to mind (I think it was superhigh me??) Where a former uk pothead goes to a lab in uk and tries thc + cbd extract, then tries thc alone. First experience she describes as powerful but pleasant, why the thc alone she describes it as very unpleasant.
This would also explain why hybrids are better smoke sometimes (actually most of the times), because of the varied cocktail of cannabinoids and terpenes they contain.
Keep in mind that thc in the body is measured in ng/ml of blood, so actually verry little of it gets to the brain.
1.000.000.000 nanogram = 1 gram
1.000 ml = 1 liter

yup

yup

But the 97% frog won't let me snack on flys or make me procreate via frogspan.
Interresting topic first but now i can't take you seriouse anymore.
Between chimp and human is less than 1% difference to make a huge impact.
well meant is not well done

if you are not going to be polite dont follow my thread.
I will explain why I wrote it one more time .
tobacco spends billions on a legitimate legal product. all the world's available science .
marijuanna is illegal and not associated with stoners .
why would you think a bunch of stoners in an illegal industry be able to increase THC in weed when a multi billion $ industry with all the legitimate ,educated, talent could only increase their product by what i thought was 40% but turned out to be double. ? the answer is it could not .that was my comparison
if you do not understand and wish to maintain focus on a irrelevant comparison when you could just focus on the math then I do not believe the question of thc % is not your focus and can not take you as credible and non biased.
the math and procedures of sampling for the HPLC units is the focus of the thread . let's stay on topic .

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Because weed aint tobacco.
All the money in the world and all the scientific power combined won't change that.
And if u read my posts i support your claim to a certain degree and i only question generalisation as an argument.

If u can't stand being criticized don't post online.

Veggia farmer

Most people don't realize that high is influenced by the ratio between cannabinoids and the terpenes in the weed as well. So if you got a nice bud that you like the high and gets you as high as a kite, it's more probable that the ratios of things in it is better for you than it has insane amount of thc.
One documentary jumps to mind (I think it was superhigh me??) Where a former uk pothead goes to a lab in uk and tries thc + cbd extract, then tries thc alone. First experience she describes as powerful but pleasant, why the thc alone she describes it as very unpleasant.
This would also explain why hybrids are better smoke sometimes (actually most of the times), because of the varied cocktail of cannabinoids and terpenes they contain.
Keep in mind that thc in the body is measured in ng/ml of blood, so actually verry little of it gets to the brain.
1.000.000.000 nanogram = 1 gram
1.000 ml = 1 liter

I remember that documentary. She got freaked about pure THC. I thought that was some of the reasons why some freak out on more sativa leaning hybrids or pure ones.?

Interessting to learn about all the synergy effect of the differnt compunds in the plant. Cannabiods and terpenes. I know a little bit about this terps from other plants. Found it so cool that cannabis can/could contain the same terps found in so many different plants. pine, mango rosemary, citrus etc... Its truly amazing:) hehe

Because weed aint tobacco.
All the money in the world and all the scientific power combined won't change that.
And if u read my posts i support your claim to a certain degree and i only question generalisation as an argument.

If u can't stand being criticized don't post online.
you are just ignorant of agriculture. you have some how demonized the word tobacco.
the reason you focus on it is simply a diversion to have something to say because you dont understand the math .
even the obvious emotion you put with the statement. . all plants use nitrogen, all plants hse phosphorus. all plants need 4he same 12 minimum nutrients. N P K Ca Mg S Fe Mn B Z Cu Mo .
these are basic commonality.
It is irrelevant whether you understand commercial agriculture to understand that weeds THC percentage is based on extracted oil not the original leaf matter..
if anyone had ever made hash or resin they would know this. its only the non participates that don't.

I remember that documentary. She got freaked about pure THC. I thought that was some of the reasons why some freak out on more sativa leaning hybrids or pure ones.?

Interessting to learn about all the synergy effect of the differnt compunds in the plant. Cannabiods and terpenes. I know a little bit about this terps from other plants. Found it so cool that cannabis can/could contain the same terps found in so many different plants. pine, mango rosemary, citrus etc... Its truly amazing:) hehe

the vast majority of plants have some similar components. in wine when people say OH I LOVE THE LEMON FLAVOUR AND THE VANILLA FINISH they are litterly saying they like the ESTER vanllian and citronell . vanillian is common in most wood species. in the vanilla plant its concentration is much higher. it is in oak . the Citronell is what u burn for misquote too but impart lemon flavor. it is also in oak. so a person describing wine is simply them listing off the ester profile. there are also terpenes like in weed . they are very common. there are even a few plants that have cbd other than weed .

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Oh :gaga: i'm talking about tobacco because u did use it as a example. Im just questioning your point of view that the tobacco industrie only could increase to a certain percentage of nicotin as argument why it can't happen with cannabis and thc.

Veggia farmer

the vast majority of plants have some similar components. in wine when people say OH I LOVE THE LEMON FLAVOUR AND THE VANILLA FINISH they are litterly saying they like the ESTER vanllian and citronell . vanillian is common in most wood species. in the vanilla plant its concentration is much higher. it is in oak . the Citronell is what u burn for misquote too but impart lemon flavor. it is also in oak. so a person describing wine is simply them listing off the ester profile. there are also terpenes like in weed . they are very common. there are even a few plants that have cbd other than weed .

Right, I knew vanillin was made out of some threes and used as flavouring. Interessting. Didnt know other plants had cdb. You remember which?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I don't think it's about other plants containing CBD but other plants containing CBD-like compounds that activate the same receptors in the brain. You can find lots of lists online if you search for "cbd containing plants". Given that the cb receptors are most probably not specifically evolved for weed, we could say some of the other plants have same effect as cbd because of the similar compounds they contain. There are even THC-like compounds in nature that seem to give same effects, altrough they are less potent.

Cvh

Supermod
I have always wondered how a flower sample could measure up to 30% Cannabinoids including all the stems and leafmaterial.
And on the other hand dry sift hash should only be around the double in Cannabinoids percentage.
Seriously, you should see how much plant material I have to throw away after I'm done sifting it. This is very contrasting with the amount of kief it yields.

If this is all true, so then a BHO extraction of 100g of 30% flower material should yield then 30g of 100% pure Cannabinoids...

Veggia farmer

Is there THC any elsewhere inside a flower then except the resin? If its only in the resin and its 10% resin on the flower, well, then it has to be under 10%. So yeah, if its 30% of the resin, this guy nohnsmith is right, with a flower having somewhere around 3% THC in/on the flower as total %.

:good: