What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heating cable

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi guys
I have a cabinet of 70cmx60cmx30cm
Im having temps problems of the low temperature side, winter here is cold as fuck some days..i know the opinions of insulation, heating the room where the grow is..but i want to know if you guys that have experience with this think it could solve my problems..connected to a controller..
Thanks

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
If you get one powerful enaugh for your room it can do the job. Being on a controller you could go with bigger than needed and just let it work less, only when needed.
Me, personally, I would add more light. Then maybe use a heater for lights off. Using a heater while ventilation is on and full power wastes electricity. At night you can dim or even stop the vents if smell is not a problem.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Adding more light would burn my seedlings and the cabinet is to small to raise the lights..this heat cable was just for the seedling/veg state and lights off to maintain the temperature even with lights out.i dont want to shut down the fan..a mini humidifier will also be connected to the controller to get a proper seedling veg control..thanks for the help

Sampas92

Just newbin
I want the grow to be the most autonomous possible, and i just wanted some input before buying the cable because the money is not abundant..
Btw in the future the humidity will be much higher because of the rain, aside the incresed circulation, any idea to maintain a low humidity inside of this small grow while not incresing the temperature inside of it and while high outside of it?i dont have any place where the humity will be lower so i need to figure this out..do you think slilica would help in conjunction with more air circulation?

Latest posts

Latest posts