What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Setting up a large bedroom with Gavitas LED.. Do I need air exchange??

Bud Jones

Wife and I just landed in Oklahoma, we are waiting for our commercial growers license, we’re in the process of a Next Generation Greenhouse build .

While we are waiting, I wanted to do an LED run in our climate controlled bedroom, we have central air, with a vent that has an option for fan and recirculation of air .. That being said, will I need ducting or will I be able to get away with just a dehumidifier? Thx in advance, LED’s are all new to me ..

Koondense

Veteran
Room size, watts used for lightning?

My guess... you can get through with just a/c and a dehumidifier plus co2@600-1000ppm.

Cheers

Bud Jones

Room size, watts used for lightning?

My guess... you can get through with just a/c and a dehumidifier plus co2@600-1000ppm.

Cheers
Two Gavita 1700 640 watters ... The room is 20/18 it’s huge .. I’ll just be using the center ... So a dehumidifier, a large co2 tank and a regulator??? Want to keep it simple... Thx for getting back...

Jnugg

Veteran
You're new to Oklahoma and waiting on your commercial growers license yet you're online asking about air exchange in a bedroom grow....lol

Fixer

If you're going to run CO2 close off your central HVAC to run a closed system. Place a large carbon filter with an inline fan in the room and run it a high speed to control the smell. You'll definitely need a good dehumidifier (I use Quest) and a window mounted AC/Heat unit. LG makes what the call a window mounted mini-split. Good luck!

Fixer

Fans to circulate the air are necessary but I don't vent except when I open and close the door. So far so good. :good: