What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cable Ties, Zip Ties, Bread Ties and bits of green string with bows in them

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
We have all been there. We need to tie something up and can't find shit. The cable ties ran out the day they were opened. The string has rolled under an immovable object and the gaffer tape is on the cardboard.

Recently I have been putting bows in string so I get another chance at using it, but what I really want to share are reusable cable/zip ties. Yes, normal ties with a little release button. A 200mm tie rated ~50kg is only 5p on the 100. That's 100 ties you can move and use again. Opening up new possibilities. Hoisting up filters like you can with rope ratchets. Attaching nets that will be back down in a month. All the times you won't waste a precious single use plastic tie are now covered.

It's old news really, but little seen. However from an eco standpoint they should be gaining favour.

https://www.amazon.com/reusable-zip-ties/s?k=reusable+zip+ties

Latest posts

Latest posts