What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smells like LouDog inside the van...

DunHav`nFun

Yrs and yrs ago , the strain I watched gettin stripped with crazy ass results and got hornswaggled into fuckin up 512 plants in a week by rapin and pillagin was a BOG strain , so as I learned first hand the hard way , more indica hybrids can handle being defoliated earlier than most cuz their stretch period`s lower/less days .....that said.......

Take em over a couple days till all fans with a stem are gone and all budsites are shinin...She looks like she`ll do a solid 10 maybe 12 ozs right now , but time will tell density wise by end of cycle with lower watts per sq ft......anyways.....

Keep strokin Bro.....only gets easier from here.....and hey.....How`d BOG get dead.....That old fart was gonna outlive us all.....Helluva guy.....and hey.....Good Lord only gives us 1 day at a time.....Thank him regularly.....

Peace.....DHF.......:ying:.....

LouDog420

BOG, a legend and a gentleman, for sure. A buddy has a pack of his SSK still I've been eyeing. And no plans to lose my very sour b leaning GB anytime soon. Have a bunch of sour b f2s and outcrosses that should probably get run (just over 10 years old). Growing out his gear is as good as any way to honor him.

Very interesting note on indica leaning defoliation I had not heard before, will keep that in mind.

Spilled a bit... Tleaf, I blame you 100%... Also, slight leak from the saucer that's persisted on the right, drip clean clearly doing its thing...
picture.php

Teaser, full update tomorrow
picture.php

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Lol nice! Looking good Lou. Been busy with the grow lately so just lurking for now. Stay safe out there Lou :tiphat:

LouDog420

Day 35

Day 35

Cruising along. Swellage is starting nicely. I did throw some pollen, cause I can't help myself and had a nice lady-boy offering from a friend for some femized outcrosses and backcross to my BX2... Hoping it takes...

Looking at larger reservoir tank options. Working out of a 35 gal brute, which is only lasting two days generally. Looking for something 100gal+ that also fits in a standard door (max 30" dimensions in at least one direction so I can walk it through). Having a tough time. Found 100gal stock tanks for a reasonable price ($75) that will fit. Open to any other ideas if someone has something in mind... I prefer vertical tanks just so we're not taking up too much floor space, but right now the stock tank is all I can find that can fit through a standard door frame and isn't obnoxiously priced. Alternative is to start daisy chaining multiples, but not ideal as that is just more surface area to clean during change outs...

OGC in the lead with the swell. Followed by the SQ, she's an 11 weeker, so not surprising. GB showing her very SB traits but starting the golf balls now, and frost is coming in all around. Considering running just HPS if running 4 light rooms, as the HPS side of plants, especially on the GB, are looking noticeably fuller with flowers.

Dropped feeds down to 780-800 ppm by dropping calnit slightly, which has halted any claw/tip burn it seems, and everything looking lush with no signs of early fading after the decrease.

Onto pics...

OGC
picture.php

picture.php

SQ
picture.php

picture.php

GB
picture.php

Last edited:

Beaucephus

they’re looking very nice lou! you going to chop whole room or take em individualy as they finish? lot of knowledge being dropped in here, i appreciate it very much!!!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Sup Lou,
Going through the same thing here but I'm going through a 50 gal drum every two waterings. Thinking of just using to 50 gals to have more time in between waterings but like you said don't wanna take up to much floor space. Could always grab a very large commercial trash can. :dunno:

LouDog420

I'll take everything as it finishes. Benefit of the ball valves on each site, easy to close off and start flushes or take a plant and shut off a valve completely while others finish up.

Stock tank coming shortly (2x2x4), roughly 100gals, that should give us about a week of water.

Can't forget about the van... Doing the hard work of vegging out the next round. May run a Double Strawberry Diesel alongside the OGC and SQ again next round, 5 plants 4 bulbs. I'd like to see how she does. Not the biggest yielder, but some really nice/unique flowers, nice density, and quick finish in 8 weeks. Thinking she might thrive in the tree style.

Meanwhile, van vegging with OGC on the left, SQ on the right, dinner plates sitting in #2 fabric pots at the moment under our measly 400w...

picture.php

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to do a very tree, maybe I'll stand this 600w hlg saber rack on its side next time I make flowers. These bad boys give ya the itch!

eyesdownchronic

Hey LouDog,

I remember earlier in the thread you mentioning that you use drip clean, and were maybe looking for a cheaper alternative.

anyways, id reccomend you check out this Haifa grow clean polyphoshpate http://customhydronutrients.com/hai...yphosphate-fertilizer-1-pound-jar-p-1152.html
it has the same active ingredient as drip clean, and a pound of the stuff is like 15 bucks. stock solution mixing rate is 5g/l to mix at the same rate as Drip clean, .4ml/g. i even dropped it down to .2ml/g and it seems to still do the job just fine.

puts the cost for a liter of the stuff at about $0.15 / L instead of like $35/L.

LouDog420

Thanks eyes, will definitely keep in mind, cause that's a huge difference in cost. Getting close to another bottle order for the drip clean, so will definitely look into it.

Sounds like you've used it, how long and any noticeable differences? Medium/nutes? Seems like a fairly straight up apples to apples comparison here...

Appreciate the input and kind words all, let's see if we can bring it on home without any nasties taking hold!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
wave.gif
[/FONT]

eyesdownchronic

Thanks eyes, will definitely keep in mind, cause that's a huge difference in cost. Getting close to another bottle order for the drip clean, so will definitely look into it.

Sounds like you've used it, how long and any noticeable differences? Medium/nutes? Seems like a fairly straight up apples to apples comparison here...

Appreciate the input and kind words all, let's see if we can bring it on home without any nasties taking hold!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

honestly havent used it for too long. I was not using drip clean before but was planning on buying some, in the process was looking for alternatives and found the haifa grow clean. figured at the cost it couldnt hurt to try. after my first use of the grow clean it completely removed the salt build up on the bottom of my pots. I was almost concerned by how effective it was so ive just been using it at half strength since. the actual manufacturer recommendation is at 15-30ppm's of P from the polyphasphate but that seems astronomically high. would be all my P right there. the drip clean recommendation for using the same active ingredient is .18ppm of p205... so i worked with that number and calculated out stock solution of 5g/L to be used at the .4ml/gal rate. figured it would be safe to start with the low number hah! it really does seem to work so im just gonna keep it where its at.
as far as media im in a combo of using coco (primarily) and then just standard potting soil in other areas. for nutes i use fert. salts, jacks etc. nothing too crazy .

the main reason i was really looking at drip clean is that my water is alkaline and will have a murky white look to it. worried it messes with the solubility of my feed, and my grow has A Lot of salt build up. we taking care of that though.

Last edited:

LouDog420

Day 42

Day 42

Nice to hear from you Doobie. Hope you have a great 2021 my friend.

Coming along, day 42. OGC filling in great, can't complain about anything she's doing, just stellar so far, and would be quite the room with 5 of her right now. Having to tie her up with additional supports as she starts the flop.

SQ, wishing she was filling in a little better. She's starting the swell, but buds are looking a little thin for where I'd like them to be. She's always been my biggest yielder when growing smaller plants, so a bit surprised. Think it's a combo of the tree style, and slightly under where we need to be for light intensity (where OGC takes lower light better, definitely always has regarding density).

GB, stacking those golf balls. Not looking forward to the trim, but smelling fantastic and stacking that frost in a very sour bubble way justwith the extra branching of the gg4, and maybe a bit of extra frost.

Having a tough time getting any good pics due to space filling in and short focal lengths. Hard to bounce light and get a good angle without getting a back or side full of flowers...

OGC spotlight...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

LouDog420

Day 42

Day 42

Continued... Group shot, SQ on left, OGC in back middle, GB on the right
picture.php

SQ in foreground, OGC looming in back
picture.php

SQ spotlight...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LouDog420

Free cooling is in full effect right now, but coming to an end sooner than I'd like, so planning ahead. Next round, including veg time, will likely push into late spring maybe early summer. Warmer nights, where our cold air intake isn't going to suffice, are coming...

So, planning a mini-split install after this round, 6,000btu/light in a theoretical 5 light room (5kw), so thinking a 30,000btu mini split should do it and accounts for any additional heat sources (fans, dehui, co2 if running a burner).

We're considering a ducted/concealed unit so we can place the mini split outside of the grow room to maximize grow room space. There's a ~3' x 10' space behind one of the 'walls' (reflectrix only plus framing) of the grow room we're using for storage, with the future option to expand and place extra equipment in (like minisplit and co2). An awkward column made it easier to just frame the room out as is with this little storage/extra space, so thinking some sort of recirculating ducted system is possible that is easily converted to cold air intake as needed. Trying to keep it flexible so we can just change a few small details (louvers, connections, dampers, etc) and run the cold air intake during winter and mini-split during other seasons and on heat mode in winter to maintain night temps.

Any thoughts on sizing and feasibility is welcome. Thinking there's some fairly easy way to incorporate all equipment and switch between unsealed with lung room/cold air intake, and a sealed grow with the minisplit... I'm not sure if moving air would mess with a mini-splits cooling if hooked inline with current fans and ducting systems... Or if using the mini 3' x 10' space is better used a lung room... With the header board, it's very simple to connect intake and exhaust and make this a sealed system... Can add additional register for minisplit intake and exhaust in addition to existing ductwork... So many options... We have someone ready to look at the system that does this by profession, but always interested in the thoughts here from growers. Right now the flow is:

Exhaust
Filter --> fan --> flex duct --> exhaust into lung room via header board

Intake
Cold Air Intake -->Mixing Wye --> flex duct --> fan --> wye split --> 2xgrow room intake registers
..............................^
Lung room intake-----|

Good vibes all

Last edited:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Sounds good to me long as the 3 x 10 allows for service space to the unit and a good route for the line set to be ran for the condenser. I like the idea for dampers to control flow from season to season. Oh almost forgot about the condensate line from the unit, gotta have a place to drain.are you going with a pump or gravity for the condensate line?

LouDog420

Thanks tleaf, appreciate your input. Should be plenty of space to service the unit, just a matter of the little details about how to incorporate all existing features with flexibility. We'll run the refrigerant line between the floor beams from above the grow room, directly outside to the condenser, maybe a 15' run.

For the condensate line, we'll probably run a condensate pump and discharge directly into the same sump we're using for runoff water now (main use of the sump is for furnace/central air and isn't connected to any grey or black water or sewer, so minimal use). We could go gravity and tie into the existing runoff water pvc, but just seems simpler to keep the systems separate in case of any issues, and a condensate pump is cheap...

Good vibes all!

Latest posts

Latest posts