What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you use autopots and not put the valve at the end of the line?

The123321

I have a 4 pot autopots watering system and I plan to only run tap water through it. It looks like the autopots people recommend that you put a valve at the end of the line. It looks like it is to flush the line every once in a while to clean the tubes out. I would think that would be for those that use salt based liquid nutrients. If you are only running tap water in the reservoir do you think you would need the valve at the end of the line. Do any of you use autopots and not put the valve at the end of the line for it on there?

Flippr

Hi, I use autopots but I also use the valve at the end. I use it to check and see if there are are clogs - no flow from the end valve means something is stuck somewhere. Using just water I see no reason for you to use the valve but you probably already figured that out. :)

gardenfather

Hi, I use autopots but I also use the valve at the end. I use it to check and see if there are are clogs - no flow from the end valve means something is stuck somewhere. Using just water I see no reason for you to use the valve but you probably already figured that out. :)

Same here. I use the valve just to make sure there are no clogs

I ran 15l without an end valve for almost 2 years
I would shut off the main tap once a week so i could topfeed without flooding .
Used to go perfect till i started mixing nutrients in the tank .

Starting to get allot of problems , when id open the maintap again , id struggle to fill all pots again
so i upgraded to 16mm 25l pots
Decided to add the valve at the end , and its much easier that way .

Tomatoesonly

I imagine people do that run organics in the rez. They need to clean out the eventual SLUDGE of crap that grows in there.