What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk Goes to the Jungle (2020)

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ducting finally arrived and finished propping the minimum required to flip to 12/12:

View Image

I'm afraid I have honoured the thread title :biggrin:

Around 600W overall with the two lights. Will be adding the HML (190W), The DIY COB if works (maybe 3 of the 4, for around 140W) and a new SILs hood I'm DIYing around 300W. And Maybe the SILs used in veg... so around 1000-1200W overall max.

The extractor is the sh*t! It draws air from the opened main room door when the flower room door is closed! Really happy with the outcome, for the performance I expected it to be louder, the sonoconnect+ ducts I got as replacement surely helped..

Kali china is about 1,60m tall, Violeta exceeds 1.70m and is supercompact and columnar.

Oaxaca '79 x Panama, even trained, is about 1,5m already... suprecropped her yesterday... incredibly, my fingers become gooey with the stalks resin!

All reg plants in there already: Kalichakra 1/2, OTH 1/2 and Nepal Mist 1/2.

Took clones of everything (white solo cups), rest of cuts are healthy and happy.

View Image

Only 5 plants (fem) in veg:

View Image

Zamaldelica x Panama (lighter green on the left), Orient Express x Nepal Jam (back left), Red Sapphire 1 (Center), 2 (LST'ed on the right) and Purple Pakistani Haze (back right). Seedling is an Auto I got as gift.

Nice to see it all coming together for you Repuk its changed since I last visited looking good best of luck.:tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks DARKSIDER! :tiphat: Truth is I am very happy to be able to walk (better say shift :biggrin:) around my flower room!

Worked on the drip lines yesterday and fed the girls.

Air exchange in the flower room feels right, you get that "fresh" scent when opening the door.

What a reaction in Tikal x Panama:

picture.php

She stretched like 8cm/3in in one day.

Regulars
We already got a girl! Kalichakra #1 is a girl! 7 more to go! (OTH 1/2, Nepal Mist 1/2, Satori 1/2 and Kalichakra #2!

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
@noknees: Yeeee-Haw!!! :biggrin: She's the burnt rubber stem stinker one... really excited! :woohoo:

I am more and more interested on Tikal. Just realized one plant that became a staple in my memory, Guawi, a Killer Malawi x Tikal F5 was the same parental line as Tikal R7 x Panamá Goddess I grew and I'm growing a second time... probably realized that while high (and didn't remember), as is when I do my sowing lists...

picture.php

Boy that Apricot scent is unforgettable. On Guawi (DTW coco) it was overpowering to the point of poisonous!! :dance013:

I think I smoked it too soon (I was dry and was like having a just opened bag of gummies!), Malawi for me is like a lobotomy and I say this like :biggrin: it helped me inmensely back in the day, and for my emotional situation. I 200% agree it wasn't properly cured tho, I think I should repeat and wait for it to cure properly.

You'd say Whaaat? Indicas? well... everything has its uses, and its right time. I 've learnt that. I'm all in for pure, 100% wild sativas, but want to explore everything so passionate about this holy herb. Effect and experience is what counts for me.

Tikal x Panamá was a binge, indulge yourself jar for a reason!

Really excited about Satori too. I had memories of an older release with really sativa leaning plants, but seems they reworked the line to be an indica-growing like with refined sativa effects line, and there's Nepali on it, which I love. Let's see if we have a girl! Previous one, even while tortured more than properly grown, was a binge jar too...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Update

Update

Kalichakra #2 is a male, 90% sure. Satori #2 seems to be a male (70% sure). Satori #1, have the hunch is a female (and a huge one by this time) but no preflowers yet.

No signs of sex yet on neither the OTHs, which were aggresively topped just one day before the pics:

OTH #1
picture.php

OTH #2
picture.php

Neither on the Nepal Mists.

Kalichina
Realized my pheno doesn't seem to be the typical columnar one, but a more sativa leaning one... I didn't top on purpose her, she topped herself running into the lights recently, but much before this, she overgrew her lateral branches, she looks in fact like a scale model of Nepal Mist #1, which has the same exact growth pattern, I'd say very Kali Mist like... :woohoo: also beatiful purple stems all around on the KC.

Temperatures have dropped like 5C, hovering around 15C now, girls had braked feeding... Not sure how would this impact early flowering, but to provide more warmth and hope to prevent stretch, switched the HPS from 275W to 400W.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lebanese

Lebanese

She keeps flowering at an incredible pace, faster even to what I have seen indoors.

Filling internodes at a crazy pace, same as eating, I fertigate (coco+salts) her pot each 12 hours as she dries it solidly.

It is raining almost each 18 hours, I suspect this stimulates her to flower even faster.

She's like 1.90m tall now, the daily progresses are amazing.

picture.php

Budsite (tip):
picture.php

Lower Budsite:
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Nepal Mists

Nepal Mists

picture.php

Both were fimmed the same if I recall correctly. Sorry for NM on the left, only half seen.

Keeping them in small pots for the time, waiting for them to show sex.

Nepal Mist #1
picture.php

Nepal Mist #2
picture.php

Funny my Kali China growing structure is a exact clone of this last one.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Kali China under the SILs Sun

Kali China under the SILs Sun

picture.php

Gonna start working on the next lights to deploy to complete the flowering room.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Lebanese repotted

Lebanese repotted

As this is sort of a experiment (landrace sativa and she's flowering with increasing photoperiod) wanted help entering flower with restricted root space to hopefully encourage her to engage in flowering fast.

I'd say it worked :biggrin: otherwise she would be stretching still...

she stopped stretching and looked rather uneasy, was obvious she wanted new shoes!

picture.php

This is coco, hence the "ridiculous" pot size and the repot to one being just 35-40% bigger than previous... I'm getting the hang of coco outdoors this year... I found you need to think more "soil-like" regarding to pot size/repotting times and wet/dry cycles when outdoors and not so much "hydro" like in indoors.

picture.php

She's fattening up as each day passes, and hope the repot will encourage to fatten up even more. Beautiful Purple starting to appear on budsites:

picture.php

Watered her with EM-1 + tad of molasses to promote fast pot colonization. Been raining almost all night, so now is pretty wet, but wouldn't be surprised (specially if sun comes out) to find coco in new pot dry enough for a new fertigation this afternoon...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Vegging Girls Repotted

Vegging Girls Repotted

Repotted the last girls in veg chamber, and took cuts of everyone (coco/clonex/EM-1):

- Orient Express x Nep Jam
- Zamaldelica x Panama (LST'd, a stinker already! :biggrin:)
- Red Sapphire #1 (LST'd)
- Red Sapphire #2
- Purple Pakistani Haze.

They're on 7L pots, will be moved to flower room by the end of this week.

Clone tent:
picture.php

But for Lebanese, there's a clone from each plant I'm running atm.

Definitely Kali China this time seems (tallest and lankiest cut seen) to come from the more sativa Elite F3xF4 parental line? :woohoo:

Had to prune her clone (and C5 Haze x Kali China) already!

Same with the flowering KC, having to supercrop her almost daily.

RudeDog

Veteran
Interesting, I've been pondering using coco for some autos I'm going to do in the greenhouse. Is it possible to pre-load the coco with dry feriliser and water with plain as so with an organic grow? Would have to water more often I'd expect.

gorilla ganja

Interesting, I've been pondering using coco for some autos I'm going to do in the greenhouse. Is it possible to pre-load the coco with dry feriliser and water with plain as so with an organic grow? Would have to water more often I'd expect.

Absolutely you can do that. I've done it out in the bush. Now that it is legal here, I plan on doing the same thing with Autos. I will be using peat moss now because it is more local and is in plenty of supply up here. But cocco works fine as well.

Peace GG

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I don't have enough experience in soil, but it relates exclusively to it, so would say peat moss works wonders :biggrin:

Mixing soil with coco, if you know, I'm sure can be the same, but so far I prefer keeping them apart.

I'm growing currently an auto I got as a gift.. poor hyper-chemically treated runt... but with some love I hope to get something, at least she saying hello. She's in coco.

I'm waiting for three Auto Zamaldelicas from ACE, and for sure (con su permiso, maestro! :biggrin:), will grow them in coco.

But if you go coco, I'd advise one thing, keep it simple until you grasp it. That I'd summary as: Known quality coir, RO, and Canna A+B, start simple. Maybe try with just one auto, and another in soil so you can compare.

What I love with coco is speed. No matter how good and organic (and I want to learn it!) soil is, speed with coco is... speed with coco. It will bump on your face if you do it right. PH (5.6-5.8) and EC (0.8-1) meters a must.

Thought that being less experienced on detecting the different subtle paces that happen outdoors in soil, while being experienced to the crazy, obvious ones coco brings indoors, I'd rather try it with autos outdoors this time.

Let's see what happens, I usually s*ck badly with autos in soil... :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Repotted Kalichakra #1 (confirmed girl) and Tikal x Panamá (fem) to 7L pots in the flowering room, LST repropped.

Running out of coco. Watered with EM-1 + tad of molasses.

Things are getting crowded in the flowering room, hope remaining 7 unsexed plants display sex soon and I get a even male:female ratio... Would like to cross OTH x Nepal Mist.

Cmoon

I used to get pretty good results 50/50 coir and compost, moved to neat coco or with the occassional rocks just for the yeild but it took me a while to dial in the same levels of constant health.

doing some testers at this time from Urban in pure coco.

bests cm

RudeDog

Veteran
I now use coco indoors with Canna A & B plus PK13/14 after years of soil grows. Am going to try pre-loading coco with dry fertiliser and run one auto in it. Will do others in soil and see what happens.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Cmoon, that's something I want to try, been dumping used coco rootballs on a tub, along with natural compost and turba I gathered around, so now should be like 50/50 or compost from coir.

Thought on trying a tomato plant with it... but found a cut I didn't use (Purple Pakistan Haze) and decided to stick it there (the tub is outdoors) with a cut bottle "dome" to see what happens.

RudeDog what kind of dry fertilizer?

RudeDog

Veteran
RudeDog what kind of dry fertilizer?

Haha...That is a good question. Will do some research in to this as I doubt it will be as simple as lobbing some blood, fish and bone in the pot. My allotment shop sells a host of dry fertilisers for different vegetables so perhaps some of these could be used.

Will have a think about it.