What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco guide

Realityisalie

Hello stoners n stonettes, want to do a coco grow was planning on using canna coco but just found out that it's 100% coco not the 70/30 coco-perlite mix that i thought it was. My question is mostly on coco amendments, is perlite worth it? Should I use rice hulls instead? Also, other ammendments such as biochar or I was looking ecothrive charge, would they go well with coco?
Thank you in advance:)

Grapefruitroop

I think you wrong section....

Adding perlite is very raccomended cause will made impossible to overwater the sub and has almost 0 CEC

Study from here www.cocoforcannabis.com and here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241341

Coco is a substrate with veeery low CEC (it will bond only small amount of cal and mag during his decomposition) and hi oxygen retention and that's allow you to water and feed more....thats the game, and you want keep it that way....adding biochar or anything else with very high CEC will mess up the plan...
:tiphat:

P

pongster

hey there
i am one of the full coco school,
so i advocate for full coco, nothing else in the pot. 100% coco. 0% other things. just coco =)
cheers
:rasta:

Realityisalie

I think you wrong section....

Adding perlite is very raccomended cause will made impossible to overwater the sub and has almost 0 CEC

Study from here www.cocoforcannabis.com and here

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241341

Coco is a substrate with veeery low CEC (it will bond only small amount of cal and mag during his decomposition) and hi oxygen retention and that's allow you to water and feed more....thats the game, and you want keep it that way....adding biochar or anything else with very high CEC will mess up the plan...
:tiphat:

Thank you good friend!

Attachments

• 1wuoi7.jpg
    1wuoi7.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Latest posts