What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's HGL XB140 Grow Show

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, this is my new cab, using a Hydrogrowled XB140 passively cooled LED grow light - which was given to me in return for posting a thread. I have been looking to expand my setup for a while and this was an opportunity to do that. These days i can only use passively cooled lights (for stealth reasons).
The cabinet is from IKEA, a built in appliance base unit - which is pretty basic but cheap. It comes with just a base, sides and back and costs about £25 - but saves a lot of time compared to completely building a new cabinet and has the bonus of being square and easy to assemble!
picture.php

as you can see it already has a vent at the back, which i have retained and put the cab on a raised base for the air inlet. there is also a couple of pipe heaters under there - hence the wires - as this cabinet is in an unheated garage.
picture.php

picture.php

The air out-take at the top goes directly to a smaller cab (the journal for which is in micro grows.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mmm skyscraper... i love you.

Mmm skyscraper... i love you.

So the cabinet is 60 x 60 footprint and about 85cm of grow height up to the light (which the pictures show lowered atm. This, by my standards, is quite a tall cab!
Here is the light hung a bit lower whilst the plants veg up
picture.php

Here is the underneath
picture.php

and here is the cab with light lit
picture.php

The plants need a few days to recover from being shoved from pillar to post whilst all the work went on, so i will post them up next week.
(Most of the work done was to take a core drill through the side of my garage so that i could install a proper 4" extractor. the air now exhausts into my greenhouse which should make good use of the residual heat and keep the garage from getting damp. This process has taken quite a few weeks to complete but should make my whole setup much better.

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, here are the plants, looking a bit happier now. not completely decided but i think i will run all 4 of them... i have a substitute or two is necessary.
picture.php

we have a Gorilla Bubble (thanks to Tony Green )
picture.php

A pre-98 bubba
picture.php

a Blueberry (my DP cut) this was asking for a repot and got one a couple days ago
picture.php

and a White Rhino... which also got a repot
picture.php

looks like a thrip or two again, i will have to get more predators, the last batch kept me clear for a couple months or so.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys. Veg has been a bit slow, new soil didn't help and i'm still fine tuning the temps and having a few teathing troubles. plants are in final pots and starting to look happy. i will flip them pretty soon. thinking of LST as the bubba isn't going to get quite big enough and i can train the other plants to fill any gaps hopefully
picture.php

VG

Boocoodinkydow

Looking good, VG. Luv the innovativeness (is that really a word?) I see among cannabis growers. Good luck on the new cab setup.

BCDD

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, things are coming on quite well now, a few hiccups and teething troubles, and one stupid mistake by myself where i nearly froze the plants (by attaching a timer switch to the wrong plug lol ) and i feel this grow is on track. i fitted a fixed scrog screen - the veg was too uneven, bubba needed a couple extra weeks, so i thought i would avoid a modula scrog and train the plants onto the screen so as there would be fewer gaps. cab still running a bit cold overall.
today at about 10 days flower:
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all. we are at about 20 days flower, and the canopy has shaped up pretty well, with some taller colas at the edges. Not that easy to take good pics with a fixed screen but here goes, we have Gorilla bubble front left, BB front right, White Rhino back left and bubba back right.
picture.php

picture.php

here is a closer pic of the bubba, which has grown tall and put out some monstrous but rather pretty large leaves.
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank for the reps and good wishes everyone!

Those are some happy looking ladies. Nice setup.

Cheers, tbh i have 'winged' it a bit with this grow, as it was put together in a bit of a hurry and some teething problems are being worked through... so i feel lucky that it has so far been respectable!

:tiphat: VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi again all, we are at about 5 weeks now.

i am constantly being reminded how fixed screen scrog is much more limited than my usual modular scrog... not least because it is awkward to take good pics when you cant remove the plants! anyhow here is the canopy
picture.php

A couple of shots of the Blueberry buds, or some of the,
picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
White rhino
picture.php

Hard to get a good shot of the Gorilla Bubble
picture.php

and the bubba
picture.php

picture.php

VG

Looks Great VG, I'll tag along, I was just re-reading your 250w diary a few days ago as I just fired up my 250w cmh cab, gonna try a modular scrog this round. :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi again all, we are now at just over 8 weeks and the fade is going strong. Some lower temps have helped the fall colours along and i guess this will get chopped in around a week.
cab:
picture.php

bubba, nice colours!
picture.php

picture.php

White rhino, this is the one that has spread out the most
picture.php