What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rapid Rooters vs Peat Pellets

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I already got the rapid rooters, I'm just wondering what most guys are doing, as far as how long to let them soak. I don't wanna water log them. I'm gonna put the in a tray of course with Dome. I got a nice one from Solight.com had some,nice 10 20 dome trays, you can place your 6 cell trays in there. I've had some decent success aerocloning with my hortipots 35 site cloner. But I've had a few epic failures lol. It seems like sometimes once they start to get roots they stall out on me. I've just been transplanting them in solo cups to get them going and have had decent success. But I'd like to have a better healthier root system before I transplant them. I just got a 45 or 48 site hortipots cloner and ready to try it out !!!! But in the mean time I'm doing this pack of 50 RRs and see how they do!!!

jwm

Veteran
Jiffy pellets
If theyre fresh (w/in 2 yrs) I run a 100% success rate.
No soaking the seeds, straight into the pellet then into a humidity dome on a heat mat in the cold months.
Don't bury to deep, just cover lightly.
Don't pack it.
Don't squeeze the pellet to remove excess water.
May have to spritz every couple of days but don't over do it.
Peat retains moisture really well.
Usually shows w/in 2-4 days.
Personally I remove the netting. Carefully