What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats with the bubble mans fb mods inability to take criticism?

false

I got kicked off the water extraction hash makers Facebook page today after being on there for several years and posting a ton of pics and having some great convos and exchange of info with other peeps , and helping out a lot of newbies . the issue today was someone posted a question about the quality of bubble bags and if there was any viable options out there. I posted that i made my own bags for a lot less than the store bought ones cost and i think they work better . the conversation went on for a bit when an employee of his (I'm assuming)who is the admin called me a liar and said i must have dementia ( probably because I'm older than 25 ) . when i pointed out his comments were abusive i was kicked out . Pretty bizarre imo . If u can't take a little polite criticism how are u ever going to improve ? seems pretty messed up to me

false

do people even talk about water extraction on here anymore?

do people even talk about water extraction on here anymore?

I haven't been on here in ages and after posting this thread i took a quick look at the treads on here and there all about purging and rosin and stuff . Am i in the wrong forum?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a doucheflute move.

Haven't used his bags, but this BubbleNow XL could use some serious modification.

Why the fuck is there a lint trap? Corrugated hoses? That chatchy ass water line connection?

Not to mention it takes half an hour to get the wash bag (which frays to shit) half assed clean. And I say half assed as there are many seams and tucks that collect contaminate. I am pretty anal, this thing drives me nuts. Low pressure high volume, high pressure low flow, nothing seems to get it clean.

Ordered the three bag household washing machine bags from XXXtractor and was blown away when it took 5 minutes to perfectly clean a bag.

Too bad their bags are lower quality than they use to be.

Or even a decent guide. If you load the bag with material and the machine with ice, it makes a lump of crap in the centre, killing yield. Load the bag with ice and material, yield goes up, but have fun removing the bag from the unit, or fucking around adding ice each run.

Yeah I'm salty. This whole setup is a pain in the ass and I dream of the day this round is over and I buy a 45g machine.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was refering to XXXtractor myself.

Truthfully I haden't heard anything but good about the bags.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
still using my first set of 20 gallon 7 bag bubbleman bags. you just have to treat them right and they will practically last for ever. but i'm sure home made can be just as good, or even better. in the end its about the quality of the material used and the stitching used to sew them together.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like the fuel filtres for buckets and drums?

Haven't used 'em but was eyeballing the nylon version.

H

HaHaHashish

You were kicked off a facebook page that is run by a company that sells Bubblebags when you tried to sell your bags on their site while telling everyone their bags are too expensive and you are wondering why? Is that correct?

Being rude and childish is wrong and was an overreaction from that admin, but how would you feel if someone went to your forum and said your bags were expensive and their bags were better and cheaper?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...yeah, you should go back and re-read the first posting because he didn't say anything about selling bags, what he said was making your own bags, DIY style is cheaper and that they work better.

...if they believed wholeheartedly in thier product they wouldn't be worried about any lost business from DIYers and admitting that making your own bags would be cheaper would probably enhance thier image and result in greater sales overall.

peace, bozo

Limeygreen

Veteran
Did you try contacting Bubbleman himself? Maybe you could ask him in private about the situation instead of in a public forum. I am not saying you should never talk about things in an open forum and whatnot but if he didn't do it himself he may not even know about this what so ever.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
You were kicked off a facebook page that is run by a company that sells Bubblebags when you tried to sell your bags on their site while telling everyone their bags are too expensive and you are wondering why? Is that correct?

Being rude and childish is wrong and was an overreaction from that admin, but how would you feel if someone went to your forum and said your bags were expensive and their bags were better and cheaper?

ROFLMAO i thought there might be a tad more to the story then we were getting eh? LOL....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the secret is not letting the mesh get dirty in the first place.

don't let that resin sit on the screen. pull that bag and scoop the bubble up while its still sloppy wet, use a water sprayer to center the wet hash scoop it up with a spoon and dump it on the so called pressing screen, there i let it drip dry over a towel on the screen. if you do it like that in the bags the screen won't even change color let alone get all gunked up.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Like the fuel filtres for buckets and drums?

Haven't used 'em but was eyeballing the nylon version.

I used these for years before bubble bags were available everywhere, like they are today.

They work fine but the mesh is pretty light weight and I tore a few. Nice selection in 25u to 200u.

I used them for ice water hash. Never tried them with dry sift.

10 bux each is pretty cheap. Well, it was at the time. Bubble bags used to be expensive. Now, they are so cheap you can afford to have extras.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Gallon-EZ-strainer-Bucket-Pail-Filter-Biodiesel-WVO-WMO-Paint-Oil-Water-Liquid/231228412804?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=530450837601&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sadly I can't tell you how well my BB's have stood up over the years, but they were doing a good job up to the time they were stolen.

As noted, immediately turning them inside out and throughly washing them, is key to life and performance, as is drying them without mildew.

Last I checked, the BB site provides those caveats and instructions on how to do so.

Better is a matter of perspective and a common spamming ploy is to announce that you are building something for yourself that is superior to what they can buy off the shelf, with the covert intention of generating off site business.

Not saying that is what happened, just that it does, so it is not that unreasonable for the moderators to perceive it in that light.

As to how charming they were, they've always been pleasant with me, and even send me an annual birthday card.

Perhaps the difference is their perception of you at that moment?

Were you charming?

Latest posts

Latest posts