What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for mold resistant outdoor indica dom strain

C

Columbo

Hi all,
I'm looking for suggestions for an outdoor Indica or Indica dominant strain for next seasons grow. The only really criteria I have is I need it to be completely mold resisant in my area and have a nice sedative Indica stone to it. Also I only have access to seeds from online seedbanks. Strains with thick, fat or dense buds always seem to mold up on me to some degree here so would prefer something with thin, airy buds. Yield is not an issue. I've mostly been considering Twilight from Dutch Passion since it's Indica dom and specifically bred for outdoors but am open to other suggestions. So you get an idea of what molds up in my climate see below:

Mold Resistant
Durban Poison - Dutch Passion
Zamaldelica - Ace
Laos Luang Prabang - Gypsy Nirvana

Mold Susceptible
Orange bud - Dutch Passion
Chrystal - Nirvana
Romulan - Next Generation
Kystallica - Mandala
Cali Jack - Medicann

Thanks

shell

Delicious Seeds - Sugar Black Rose

Samsara Seeds - El Alquimista

ACE Seeds - Erdpurt

Hybrids from hell

:peacock:

C

Columbo

Delicious Seeds - Sugar Black Rose

Samsara Seeds - El Alquimista

ACE Seeds - Erdpurt

Hybrids from hell

:peacock:

mandala's satori bat pheno.

Thanks for the reply guys I'll check them out. Can I also ask what latitude and environment you guys are at and are the strains you suggested 100% mold resistant for you?

Koondense

Veteran
+1 for Erdpurt
Also check LaBuenaHierba if they have indica dom seeds.
Another one to check is KC Brains afghani and NL.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Ace pck x kali china im at lat 37.5n and just about anything Ace puts out is mold resistant. Dinafem blue widow & california hashplant. i found a breeder the other day called sumo seeds. they say they got 3 strains for outdoor growing and are super mold resistant. maya gold is the one that interests me. gl man

dufous

Zamaldelica is pure sativa. It is not an indica or indica dominant strain.

Durban Poison is sativa dominant, not indica.

Kystallica from Mandala is also a sativa dominant strain, not indica.

I have grown a pineapple kush that never molded right into November until a frost took it out.

I have grown Guerrilla Gusto that was mold free until well after it finished, but did eventually mold in November.

C

Columbo

Zamaldelica is pure sativa. It is not an indica or indica dominant strain.

Durban Poison is sativa dominant, not indica.

Kystallica from Mandala is also a sativa dominant strain, not indica.

I have grown a pineapple kush that never molded right into November until a frost took it out.

I have grown Guerrilla Gusto that was mold free until well after it finished, but did eventually mold in November.

I know some of the strains I listed are Sativa dominant strains but I was just giving people an example of what kind of strains/buds structures mold in my environment and what doesn't. Not what Indicas I have already grown out.

Anyway I've decided against growing out any Indica dominant strains for the moment. I'm having too much fun with Sativas atm. If I do require something heavier I might go for something like Ace or Cbg Panama and search for a heavier/stonier red pheno.

Thanks for all the suggestions anyway guys.

Americangrower

Veteran
Anything crossed with Northern Lights will be mold resistant .. A certain Bushy old guy's bubblegum x NL would work well

Gelado`

Veteran
I know some of the strains I listed are Sativa dominant strains but I was just giving people an example of what kind of strains/buds structures mold in my environment and what doesn't. Not what Indicas I have already grown out.

Anyway I've decided against growing out any Indica dominant strains for the moment. I'm having too much fun with Sativas atm. If I do require something heavier I might go for something like Ace or Cbg Panama and search for a heavier/stonier red pheno.

Thanks for all the suggestions anyway guys.

You'd be much safer growing sativa-dominant strains or hybrids. Try Sensi Jamaican Pearl! Stony, indica-like flavor but is supposed to have great mold resistance.

C

Columbo

Anything crossed with Northern Lights will be mold resistant .. A certain Bushy old guy's bubblegum x NL would work well

My climate is normally hot and dry but occasionally hot and humid. Mostly the larger or denser buds will get some mold. I'd say I lose somewhere between 5-15% per plant. It's not a big loss but still something I'd rather not have to worry about so I'm really looking for mold resistant genetics which seems to only be airy sativa buds in my climate so far. But I'm sure more Indica dominant strains like Erdpurt and Frisian Dew would work fine.

The Nirvana's Chrystal (NL x (NL x WW) I grew had the same mold issues I mention.

I guess if I prune or top my plants in the right manner I might even be able to cut down on mold completely but unfortunately don't have a lot of time for my plants so just want something naturally mold resistant.

You'd be much safer growing sativa-dominant strains or hybrids. Try Sensi Jamaican Pearl! Stony, indica-like flavor but is supposed to have great mold resistance.

Thanks. I'll check it out but probably going to go for the Panama anyway.

baduy

Ace malawi or golden tiger
You'll get the heavier stone without giving up the fun of growing sativas

C

Columbo

Ace malawi or golden tiger
You'll get the heavier stone without giving up the fun of growing sativas

I'm starting to think this is the way to go for my climate. Just stick with growing Sativas and select the heavier phenos.

Thanks for all the inpuy guys. I've decided to stick with Sats for the time being but if I do go Indica anytime soon I'll be doing the Pakistani Citral Kusk (PCK).

Feel free to keep posting up your proven outdoor mold resistant indica dom strains for future reference for myself and others.

Thanks

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have really bad problem with powdery mildew in my basement. Gorilla Glue #4 clone is the only thing that does not go completely white in flower. Have grown Fire OG, WiFi #7, GG4 X Agent Orange clones, and all had it to the point they were ruined. I would think it would be nearly impossible to mold up outside.

C

Columbo

Never would have though a super potent, frosty strain like GG#4 would be so PM resistant but heard a someone else say something similar.

Would love to try it outdoors one day but zero chance of me getting a cut where I'm from.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Never would have though a super potent, frosty strain like GG#4 would be so PM resistant but heard a someone else say something similar.

Would love to try it outdoors one day but zero chance of me getting a cut where I'm from.

Other than US, have only heard of UK having it. What got me, was the cross of GG4 with Agent Orange was a PM magnet. It did produce massive dense buds, but damp basement was not place to grow it.

Latest posts

Latest posts