What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Chem poor germ rate?

Hamburglar

Out of 11 seeds, only 5 cracked and showed a tail, and only 2 managed to sprout.

I know my methods aren't to claim as the freebie pack of Chemmy Jones all popped and had tails a good day before the OG Chems showed any signs of life. Out of the 11 Chemmy Jones all 11 popped an 10 made it above soil. Germination was done by placing seeds in folded moist paper towel in a tuppaware container and placing it on top of the Satellite TV box.

Bit disappointed as I mainly wanted to be growing the OG Chem out. Neither strain has been sexed/flowered yet, so I hope something good comes from the 2 lonesome OGCs!

Anyone else had this happen with the OG Chem or did I just have bad luck?

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
must of been bad luck...i had 10/10...germinate....and scored 9 ladies....
just they way the cookie crumbles...and luck of the draw....

marmarb

that sucks i had very good germ rates on both the ogchem and the sssdh 100% on both i used to have a issue with germing now i soak over night than into rapid rooters even before the tap root shows point downward put the dome on it and toss the whole thing into veg tent normally have seedlings within 3 days

Hamburglar

The 2 OG Chems are going fine, and my Chemmy Jones are rocking along nicely too. I had the wrong spectrum bulb (27k) over them for 1 week of veg as my 65k bulbs blew and I had to order new ones. They stretched a good bit in that week, but all is well.

Took clones from each of them on 27/7/12, will throw them all into flower once they've rooted to sex the vegging plants.

really loving the smell of the Chemmy Jones, and the OG Chem just screams monster Indica to me, which I really like!

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you get them from Attitude? I got the same and got some bad germ rates. Popped along some Alien and JJ-NYC beans and those came through over 80%.

I like the Conni Gen guys, but this left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Good luck to all of you who had good germ rates.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey VagPuncher sorry to hear about the bad germ rates, how were the results on the ones that did pop for ya?
Peace

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only ended up with 1 fem. Wasn't a keeper.

Didn't want to say that and make it sound like I was bashing you and your crew. Lol.

All good, bro.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gutted to hear that Vagpuncher and being that your legit we wanna make it right I sort out the new OG Chem if your interested?
Let me know coz its never nice to hear an unhappy customer, especially icmag family.
Talk soon, peace.

Last edited:

Hamburglar

@ Truecannablis - That comment for me or VagPuncher?

Did you get them from Attitude? I got the same and got some bad germ rates. Popped along some Alien and JJ-NYC beans and those came through over 80%.

I like the Conni Gen guys, but this left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Good luck to all of you who had good germ rates.

Yeah I got them from attitude too. 2/11 on the OGC and 7/11 on the Chemmy Jones. OGC are the first beans that I've had low germ rates which is a shame because I was really looking forward to having lots of nice Indica ready for the Mrs as she needs it for sleep.

I will be crossing the OGC with the CJ as the plants are all looking very promising.

T

trichster

Ive been getting CSG gear since they put out there SSSDH and have since ran 3 other strains and 4 individual freebies from them. All of the seeds germinated ive gotten from CSG. I would think if your not getting good germination with CSG your one of the few unlucky ones and CSG crew will take care of you.

Hamburglar

That's why I decided to go with the CSG guys for the first time, as their gear seems to be real quality with few duds in their genetics. Happens in life I guess!

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gutted to hear that Vagpuncher and being that your legit we wanna make it right I sort out the new OG Chem if your interested?
Let me know coz its never nice to hear an unhappy customer, especially icmag family.
Talk soon, peace.

Sure. I'd love another crack at them.

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Sucks VP. I just wanted to chime in here whole at work to say that the granddoggy purps I ordered...all germed and were exremely vigorous and healthy plants. So to anyone reading this, thinking about not giving cgs your business...don't let op's experience steer you away. These guys are solid.

Cheerz

TpM

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Hamburglar

Well, my OG Chems (2) and Chemmy Jones (2) are in flower and both have thrown numerous male flowers during and up to 4th week of flowering. Have other strains growing in there too without issues. Really hope that the final weight/smoke makes up for the disappointments so far.

First time going with Connoisseur Genetics and it looks like it'l be my last. Not bashing on them as breeders as they seem to have some very interesting things in the works with many happy customers.

Hope others have better luck!

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah. I got nowhere with replacements either.

TCannabliss and OJD are seem like awesome dudes, but the genetics and customer service left me kind of upset.

Latest posts

Latest posts