What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
I gave it a try with a few nugs from my last LowryderxMasterkush harvest. Like Tex said, it lost some bag appeal, darkened the color quite a bit. It wasn't very flavorful, but it wasn't very harsh either. Definitely took a lot of harshness away. Like TK said, the water you toss out is smelly stuff! I'll experiment with it again some time.
cc

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
I tried this with some buds a bit ago after reading this thread. I agree that it costs bag appeal, and odur and taste. But if you like the way your weed is looking, smelling and tasting, it doesn't give you anything. It only takes away from unliked bud. So I'd have to say use apropriately only. Although having said that, I didn't have holes in the top of my jar, just filled with water to the top as the buds floated. I also changed the water every day for 10 days, until it stopped stinking.

G

I have noticed very little if any difference between 4 days and 10 days. The end result is almost exactly the same.

Tex

Rocks

Can anyone put up some photo's of some of this i'd like to see what u mean about the change in appearance

:smoweed:

Last edited:

Flutch

OK I know I am a newbie but how do you check PPM? And what is it? I am thinking of doing this way of drying for sure.

thanks, Flutch :wave:

G

did anyone take any comparative pics???

or simply a pic of what it looks like right after the water "cure"

this is the best thread i read all day.

apparently it seems to work if you feed up until the cut....?

anyone got any water cured bud pics out there?
im dying to see the end results.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
I tried it with a nug from my last harvest... it does what it says... 4 day water cure.... nug was noticably brownish, slight flavor+potency lost... it burns extremely well, smooooth smoke, but nothing a goooood flush doesnt accomplish.

Flutch- you check your PPM using a PPM or EC meter : )

hah its funny seeing some of the responses here like this is something new and far out... the consensous of the watercuring community is..
1.7 days is the recommened cure time..not 3 or 5 but 7..
2. change water daily
3.use warm water
4.you lose taste and smell of the bud.pro- its said to be stealthy not reeking of burned bud.good for stealth stash.con- if you care about taste and smell or physical appearance of bud.
5.your final product will weigh less than air cured,(which is why some ppl notice an increase in potency)
6. your smoke will be smooth.. pro..
7. also your able to feed full strength until chop.. no flushing period...another pro.

Last edited:

Benny

So do most people find water curing beneficial? I wopuld think a loss in taste and smell would dissapoint one, but If the bud is smoother, well i would rather be nice and ripped, not coughing up black stuff in the bathroom.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
No Disrespect to Tk, or any water cure enthusiast is intended by this post.

Having tried water curing twice, with both results being complete disasterous crap, not smokable, slime - I obviously did not do it right. I would not try it again, even with weed that was so nasty I was going to throw it away. So, if you do try this, follow directions carefully, the down side is slimey.
H

JlMH4LPERT

Anybody have a pic of water cured bud?? I am considering this for my first grow because i have a road trip coming up and was just curious what i should expect...

G

Water curing is really fast. No one really metioned that :wave: I think :chin:

Its all about prefrences and situasjon. If some one is growing for seed and bud they cant water cure ofcourse (just to give a example) . I would like to read smoke reports from people that have water cured,dryed then air cured. Best of both worlds perhaps?

JlMH4LPERT

Thats what i was thinking... i keep my head stash in jars anyways, so you water cure for the quick smoke and in about the same amt of time it would take to air cure in a jar, from what i gather, is when the taste and scent are returned to water cured bud... but with a smoother smoke? Sounds lovely :D

Still no pics?

Last edited:

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
1.7 days is the recommened cure time..not 3 or 5 but 7..
2. change water daily
3.use warm water
4.you lose taste and smell of the bud.pro- its said to be stealthy not reeking of burned bud.good for stealth stash.con- if you care about taste and smell or physical appearance of bud.
5.your final product will weigh less than air cured,(which is why some ppl notice an increase in potency)
6. your smoke will be smooth.. pro..
7. also your able to feed full strength until chop.. no flushing period...another pro.

HAha I just caught this thread... Yeah i could have saved you guys some dissapointment.the real scoop on water curing!!... The list above outlines it nicely. Do a search on nitetiger..this has been hashed out long time ago.

If you like the taste of your pot, the LAST THING YOU WANT TO DO IS WATER CURE IT. It also turns pot brown. Basically if your weed is that fucked up to begin with(poor flush,or none at all), pawn it off on some local bums and cut your losses.

It has but one purpose as i see it, That is it wont taste or smell anything like MJ, yet the effects are still excellent.. So if you were to say light it up in a bar/club, nobody would know what the fuck it is you are smoking.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Hiya Blunt69 :wave:

Knew I'd show up in any Water Cure thread, didn't you? :biglaugh:

Here's a pic of Water Cured v Air Cured, and you can find my write up of Water Curing in my sig.

5121watervair.jpg

It's interesting to note that while the Chlorophyll leeched out, the purple remained.

badboyg

wow this took an interesting turn,, so to speak,,,

this was looked at heavly back on OG..

heres what I remember...

first off 7 days seemed to be the best length of water cure time. the buds were far cleaner and tne ash burned to a white powder,, yes there was less taste but very potened.

if your looing for a smell free cure and need really clean fast smoke water cure is it,, but it can turn some buds to mush.. I had a few that were great,, and one that turned to mush, .. so each strain seems to act diferent..

just make sure your buds are under water the whole time *(use a cloth or plate to sink the buds). change your water every day,,, and enjoy....

**EDIT** ok so I am blind.. the last quoted post had most that covered,,, ... i think water cure has its place,, ...

Last edited:

JlMH4LPERT

Thanks for pic and the straightfordward tutprial, about 2-3 days away from water curing some of my crop that i have on full strenght nutes, will post with results...

MajMike

Don't rinse the buds . .

Don't rinse the buds . .

Be careful with the water cure when exchanging the water, disturb the buds as little as possible (except the shift their positions periodically). The more agitation the more trichomes break off. The new water will 'rinse' the bud through osmosis, you don't have to do it.

I add water by letting it fill of the sides on the container (like pouring a beer), so it rises gently, and I pour it out slowly trying to keep the buds in place as I do.

Am I being anal? Probably, but I really think this way is best.

Just my $0.02.

JlMH4LPERT

My first harvest/water cure setup...

This is an icecube bucket (not tray) and on top 2 chopsticks taped together about 2" apart

Close pins can pinch the chopstick and hold the bud straight down... this of course to prevent the buds from touching the sides, and keep them totally submerged in water.

Fill the bucket with water... first

Then carefully submerge buds into water, let sit a day and then remove the "chopstick frame" the next day holding all your buds then pour out the old water, pour in the new, carefully submerge your buds... repeat daily until your buds soak the entire week. :D

Last edited: