What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Toads for depression!!!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Not all MAOI's are the same - not just by potency, A or B or A+B - it seems to be a little more complicated, especially for interactions with dietary amines. Certain medications are problematic but I'm not aware of or had any actual adverse effects with harmala even though I've spaced off restrictions like cheese. Black pepper is a potent MAOI, at least in mice, but has anyone heard warnings about black pepper.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
20 years of depression and all they gave you was Prozac? Jesus! Have you ever tried real therapy? I'm sorry, don't mean to be rude, but it's just self-treatment of depression might be dangerous, especially when you ask for help on forums. I knew a friend who was suffering from what he thought was depression and he started using all kinds of drugs like it was a "smorgasbord". He ended up in the hospital with kidney failure and turned out he had an obsessive anxiety disorder he never treated properly. Luckily, he's better now. And as for myself, I prefer herbs like kratom. It's safe and legal and has no side effects.

For me, i consider therapy bullshit. Paying some loser a few hundred an hour to say "How does that make you feel" is a complete waste of money. If I had access to drugs without needing a doctor, I would be fine. Unfortunately I am old, and no connections to get any form of drugs. There are several known for extremely positive results like MDMA, Ketamine, Iboga, DMT, LSD, etc..

I have 2 large bags of Kratom in freezer I tried about a year ago, and felt absolutely nothing. Would like to try DMT, but afraid to do without sitter, and basically a hermit except for going to store to buy food. Have seen people vomit from it, and need someone in case it blocks airway. Also have salvia, but was told dosage is 10mg (for 20X), which is barely visible amount, and would also want a sitter.

Also considering growing shrooms again. Heard even microdosing them can help depression.

Last edited by a moderator:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Locdog do you live near the ocean? If you took an invigorating splash, preferably early in the morning, I guarantee that would help.

Hiking is another good form of exercise to raise your spirits. Ever been to the top of mount Baldy?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I actually have a prescription for ketamine nasal spray...it gets sent to my front door once a month and then I do an infusion as a booster once a month Under the doctor supervision at the clinic...no more black market K for me , only pharmaceutical...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
did a LOT of ketamine while in USAF. no drug test at that time would detect it, allegedly. MDMA & DMT were VERY relaxing IMO, re-set par excellence. prefer mushrooms however. don't think i'm going to lick any toads, lol. thinking seriously about ayahuasca however...

Loc Dog

Veteran
Locdog do you live near the ocean? If you took an invigorating splash, preferably early in the morning, I guarantee that would help.

Hiking is another good form of exercise to raise your spirits. Ever been to the top of mount Baldy?

For me a move to Thailand would probably do it, but that will not be for at least a few years. Ocean here sucks. Cold and polluted.

Might try Harmalas again. Trying to find dose to solve depression without shadow beings (things in peripheral vision). Harmalas are the extract of syrian rue seeds. It is MAOI.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
did a LOT of ketamine while in USAF. no drug test at that time would detect it, allegedly. MDMA & DMT were VERY relaxing IMO, re-set par excellence. prefer mushrooms however. don't think i'm going to lick any toads, lol. thinking seriously about ayahuasca however...

I belong to a group that does aya ceremonies. I have only been once a couple years ago. But I still feel it everyday. I had to do some deep work on my brain and I am almost ready to go back. I can barely wait now that I say it.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I belong to a group that does aya ceremonies. I have only been once a couple years ago. But I still feel it everyday. I had to do some deep work on my brain and I am almost ready to go back. I can barely wait now that I say it.

Was it breakthrough dose??? I have been watching Hamilton Morris and some other shows, and they do not seem to give breakthrough dose. I know people from another site that do breakthroughs a number of times a year. Smoked it is 15 minutes, eaten several hours. Breakthrough your eyes vibrate then zoomed to another galaxy. From what I have read, the most fucked up part is machine elves being seen by many.

This is what a breakthrough is supposed to be like. You can use mouse to drag and look in different directions -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj0X2tPZAqw

Loc Dog

Veteran
Not all MAOI's are the same - not just by potency, A or B or A+B - it seems to be a little more complicated, especially for interactions with dietary amines. Certain medications are problematic but I'm not aware of or had any actual adverse effects with harmala even though I've spaced off restrictions like cheese. Black pepper is a potent MAOI, at least in mice, but has anyone heard warnings about black pepper.

I have heard of black pepper being used for over dose of THC (too much concentrates or too strong of edibles). Supposed to block brain receptors from allowing THC to attach.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Was it breakthrough dose??? I have been watching Hamilton Morris and some other shows, and they do not seem to give breakthrough dose. I know people from another site that do breakthroughs a number of times a year. Smoked it is 15 minutes, eaten several hours. Breakthrough your eyes vibrate then zoomed to another galaxy. From what I have read, the most fucked up part is machine elves being seen by many.

This is what a breakthrough is supposed to be like. You can use mouse to drag and look in different directions -

I have broken through smoking dmt several times. Also broken through using LsD and mushrooms. On aya I was lifted up by the squirming coil (serpeant) and spent a while looking up at the firmament, which at the time I had no idea what it was. I just thought it was strange to have the surface of an ocean above me.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

I also think if I had broken through on aya I would have been kicked out and spent the rest of my trip in my own hell. I believe that I have fixed that now though.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I also think if I had broken through on aya I would have been kicked out and spent the rest of my trip in my own hell. I believe that I have fixed that now though.

That is the one problem eating it, is it is very long experience. I have been extracting as much knowledge as I can, from reading and chatting with users. Some people experience dark entities that can make it a very negative experience (the hell you speak of). Was told to turn your back on them and go elsewhere, and that they are liars, and disregard anything they say. Would definitely smoke pharma the first time, and only do relatively pure DMT and Harmala (have no desire to vomit).

Loc Dog

Veteran
Purging is necessary for the deep inner work

That is what I heard when Hamilton did Ayahuasca with tribes in SA. I would think if anything there may be an entourage effect from other alkaloids filtered out when purifying, just like there is with the dozens of cannabinoids in cannabis.

Some prefer Harmalas that are not purified, but with waxy plant materials left in.

Latest posts

Latest posts