What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Specs for the New Grow Room

NUGneighbor

Hey Fixer, looks like you are having some fun. I would like to put my 2 cents into anything that is moisture, mold or water resistant. It's just that ( resistant ). Not proof. Over just a short amount of time it will fail. Like green board, that stuff is a joke. There is only 1 product that I have found that is moisture, mold and water proof. And it is called Den Shield. It is produced by the same co. that produces most of the dry wall and green board we all use. It cost a little bit more, but it is worth it. You won't be sorry.
I lived in Las Vegas during the construction boom and ran hundreds of marble and tile crews. All the builders were using green board in their tub enclosures. I thought to myself shoot in 2 or 3 years I will be able to start my own remodeling co doing just tub and showers. Sure enough. I've got 10 crews doing just that. And most of the time we use nothing but Den Shield without one of them failing in 20 years.
But it is up to you what you use. But trust me you won't be sorry.
Anyway good luck. And take care.............................................

Fixer

Thanks

Thanks

Hey Fixer, looks like you are having some fun. I would like to put my 2 cents into anything that is moisture, mold or water resistant. It's just that ( resistant ). Not proof. Over just a short amount of time it will fail. Like green board, that stuff is a joke. There is only 1 product that I have found that is moisture, mold and water proof. And it is called Den Shield. It is produced by the same co. that produces most of the dry wall and green board we all use. It cost a little bit more, but it is worth it. You won't be sorry.
I lived in Las Vegas during the construction boom and ran hundreds of marble and tile crews. All the builders were using green board in their tub enclosures. I thought to myself shoot in 2 or 3 years I will be able to start my own remodeling co doing just tub and showers. Sure enough. I've got 10 crews doing just that. And most of the time we use nothing but Den Shield without one of them failing in 20 years.
But it is up to you what you use. But trust me you won't be sorry.
Anyway good luck. And take care.............................................

Hi NUGneighbor, That's a great idea! I've used DenShield for EFIS work but never thought of using it in high moisture applications. I usually used Perma Base in showers and tub surrounds. I'll order some from Kamco instead of using MR Board.:dance013:

Sunshineinabag

Den shield

Den shield

Hi NUGneighbor, That's a great idea! I've used DenShield for EFIS work but never thought of using it in high moisture applications. I usually used Perma Base in showers and tub surrounds. I'll order some from Kamco instead of using MR Board.:dance013:

I must know what's made of!
Great work fixer! Can I talk you into doing 4 foot no till beds?:tiphat:

Fixer

Electrical Rough

Electrical Rough

Finally got back into the space. My brother came over and we began the rough electrical. We decided to use MC incase the bldg. insp. classifies the build as mixed use.

Fixer

Relectical Rough

Relectical Rough

My brother came by and helped this weekend. We got all of the wire pulled and all of the wall boxes set. We bought a 12 slot panel but it's maxed before it's installed. I'm going back to Lowe's to get a 20 slot panel.

Attachments

• IMG_1422[1].jpg
    IMG_1422[1].jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1421[1].jpg
    IMG_1421[1].jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1339[1].jpg
    IMG_1339[1].jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 48

Fixer

We installed a variety of boxes in different areas of the basement.

Attachments

• IMG_1335[1].jpg
    IMG_1335[1].jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1336[1].jpg
    IMG_1336[1].jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1337[1].jpg
    IMG_1337[1].jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 49

Fixer

Applied for a building permit need to go to ZBA because it's mixed use. :mad:
On a positive note the doors have arrived and a pallet of growing equipment is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately we have to store the stuff as we can't install it.
:yappy:

Fixer

Thanks LostTribe, I did not want any off gassing issues with the PT lumber near the plants. But I agree PT is normally used for direct contact. :tiphat: