What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

online dating?? anyone ever had a good outcome??

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
with my remote area I find the need to look online...my last attempt was horrible..just wondering if there is some good endings out there?? anyone meet their special someone online....give me some hope....I am good looking but theres just nowhere here to meet decent women..the locals are already taken and a waiting list for the hotties or their undateable ,not my type...I have hooked up with a few nice ladies but they were tourists looking for a fling type deal...you know get wild on vacation and then go back home and do whatever they do...

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
I've had lots of fun dating chicks I met online. When craigslist was newer, it used to be a great place to find new people.

One girl I dated for maybe 6 months. All the rest were just casual flings.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I met my wife on AOL about fifteen years ago. We couldn't be happier. But she was one in a thousand on there.
Good luck.
Burn1

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya I figure its a numbers game...prob like panning gold ..you sift through the crap for that one tiny shining piece lol

jd4083

Veteran
I've had lots of drunken one-night encounters with POF and OKCupid whores...does that count as a good outcome?

My current long term GF and I actually have a dual OKCupid account where we scout for potential female...additions....if you catch my drift

Gry

Like Burn One, I met my wife online as well. Not through a dating site though. I met her in a help group for people with problems with pain meds. Could not have been happier with her.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I met my girlfriend on Match. It's been working out great for 5+ years. On the other hand, we were both about to quit Match and had already decided that it was our last shot at it. It's too bad we didn't meet a couple of decades prior, but our spouses at the time probably wouldn't have approved......

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya I aint looking for one nighters......but I wouldn't turn one down lol.....aint no way I am becoming a monk....spring is soon and the tourist babes will be back...hiker babes have firm buttocks lol......yeehaw

blastfrompast

Veteran
You could say I met my wife online..errr sorta... I met her friend....and her friend brought my would-be wife....after a couple of hours, we ditched the friend and kept dating after that...been married for 10yrs now...

Oh and the difference...I chased her....the ones that CHASE you...they are BATSHIT CRAZY....

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I prefer checking out the classifieds for rentals,
I almost always find what I'm shoppin' for.......

:D

v1ru5

Me and my g/f met through a social site (not straight up dating) almost 10 years ago (10 years on 28th of feb next yr)...

I could not be happier and we were the perfect match; Two lonely riders that never wanted to seek love found it from each other.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
420giveaway
back in the day when Craigslist was still cool you could find tons of women. I met a lot of women, some younger than me some older than me. Now I'm not sure what Craigslist is...think it's just fat chicks now

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys looking for a "keeper" need to Google "Hot Crazy Matrix" before you go any further.
Burn1

DarthFader1

Veteran
Gee, a bunch of stoners looking for love online. No doubt! :laughing:

I too am currently looking for someone online as well as in real life. Online is FULL with bottom of the barrel idiot morons some with real serious issues they will TRY to hide or lie about. Lol. 80% of the rest have f****** kids, which is a massive hell no from me. If you want a ready made family though that could be kind of handy i guess.

But on the brightside, there are definitely a few diamonds among the rough to be found. Panning for gold, it's a numbers game. I liked that analogy, that pretty much sums it up for me.

When im trawling through online dating sites i usually end up in massive facepalm position sitting at my keyboard laughing my ass off mocking some of the ridiculous things people say in their profiles. It amuses me greatly. But i am a harsh bastard. Hmmmm

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
crazy chicks are always hot in bed....always always always...just sayin...yeehaw...well they better know I am a fisherman and catfishing wont end well...ha ha..its winter and few single tourists...the last deer that went by started to look real leggy and cute.....haha