What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sifting seeds from seeded buds using LP records

Cvh

Supermod
Hi all,

Maybe a silly question to some you oldtimers.

But how did you sift seeds from buds using LP record (albums) in the past?

I have seen people talking about it, but I can't find any info how you guys did that.
Could somebody explain or direct me to a video (can't find it on YouTube).

Thanks.

hayday

Veteran
Lol, double lp work best. Lay the lp flat, if double open it .Crumple the buds up with fingers then incline the jacket.
Rake the material with seeds up one side with a card and the seeds roll down getting trapped in the middle.pour the seeds out the window lol
Shoe box top will work too. Cut one corner out and roll the seed to the hole into bag , Jar ,film canister or out the window

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Just gravity, the album cover/box top was used as an inclined plane upon which to work. I prefer box tops cause they have a lip. Throw your shake in the box, tilt it so it falls towards one lip, use a card of some sort to raise the shake up the box, the weed is light enough it should stay where you leave it on the incline, but the seeds are way denser and should slide down. Sometimes have to tap the back of the box if the seeds are really in the shake. Rinse and repeat until you done. Also I never used this for buds, just for already ground up shake. For buds it would be add the step of crush them up first I guess?

Cvh

Supermod
Thanks for all the answers. I think I'm starting to understand it.
Anybody for any chance have a link to a video or has some pictures?

rolandomota

I pick them up by pressing my index finger on the seeds so they stick to my finger that way I check if they are crushed or sometimes their all flat.
Does anyone ever ask for Mexico weed anymore? Its available still if you can't find it your asking the wrong people maybe try asking Hispanics?
No saber donde rolando mota? Lol
I just got through a super seeded one now it's an almost seedless sample I buy half a pound a month two quarters for 100 each quarter pound because quarter ounce is 10. I probably smoke 5 or 6 of those ozs
Mango types, grassy, and spicy incense lately a bit skunky mostly mango on the current one with a hint of skunk
If you shake the object your using like if you had Parkinson's not up and down but sideways the seeds roll around easy
Also you can use cardboard tear off one side to expose the ridges within the cardboard then use that to incline it and roll the seeds out along the ridges but usually I use a metal Altoids box and pick em out with my finger checking if the seed is solid by pressing your finger on a seed or in a group like 3 or 4 seeds you can also use saliva lick your finger seeds stick to it easier just make sure your hands are clean

Last in the end you might find someone like me who gets ounce for 25 and sells it to you for 50 that's normal don't get mad I'm not sure what the highest mexi weed price is I'm thinking 100 or less 100 puts it at 1600 a pound I think it's too much you but you might live far from the border no legal weed state for that price
Sorry I'm just trying to inform

FletchF.Fletch

Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsys

Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsys

Oh yeah, I remember. Back in the late 80s we used to de-seed brickweed that way. Unlike today, back then fresh nugs were so hard to find it was ridiculous. Buds from Mexico, Colombia etc. often came in blocks. They would compress the weed to maximize weight for volume as it was contraband being moved worldwide. This led to all kinds of problems, and was one of the driving forces towards the Indoor Revolution.

You would basically break the block by splitting it and peeling buds away from each other. Then the fun began!! The double album records worked best as they opened to a V shape. This allowed the seeds to be rolled to the center of the album and then swept away or dumped. Extra seedy weed would end up looking like shake, better buds could be cleaned with the old gentle finger/thumb pushout move. Usually people had a favorite album to use for the deed. Used vinyl collectors can look for the telltale signs!!

Still remember some really good weed with strong flavors and potent high being cleaned on the double album. Many people collected their first indoor seeds from herb like that when they came across something special.

Anyone still have those Cheech n Chong album papers?

Brick weed gets a bad name because of the wet brown shit that gets left in Texas/AZ. Brick was lovely in my region. You just twist the compresses buds and the seed come right out. Alot of people never read the instructions lol. Some people like to fiddle around all day.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Ted Nugent Double live Gonzo should have been the tray tho.

My copy still has residue, dust in the spine, that is. It split time with ZepII. If you tried that with buds these days they'd get all sticky first time.

Cvh

Supermod
Thank you all guys for having taken the time to explain this me!

I first thought that you would first grind up the weed and take 2 albums -the records itself- and sandwich the seeded grinded weed between it and rub the two records together. Having the seeds fall out or something.

Looks like it's a way different technique.

Makes me wonder how many other people of my age have this question.
It's literally undocumented. I couldn't find any decent info nowhere. Thanks again!

buzzmobile

Veteran
There is only one double album to de-seed a 'lid':
attachment.php

Anything else and you did it wrong.
;)

Attachments

• ladyland.jpg
    ladyland.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 50

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It's not much different than using a frisbee.

Everyone I knew had a nice tray of some kind on the table and never used albums in their laps. It's something you invent yourself out of necessity, because the bags were half seeds and stems.

Gry

What is it? How does it work?
Inside the plastic box was a round cylinder with slots in it. It has a plastic lid on it that one removes to fill it with cannabis. It is then placed back inside the box and spun using a handle sticking out the side.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The trays the old diner servers would have the drinks on, as they waited on tables, were good too. A little classier and cooler than an album, if they had a cool pic.

Seeds are mostly a thing of the past, but grindings still need to be gotten out of the grinder (thump it on the tray), and piled up, to be scooped, to stuff into a bowl.

There is a partridge painted on there somewhere. The tray is caked with dried oil.

Also, the official means of sifting the dope is/was the flap on a pack of papers. I have a plastic card, because that hybrid don't need no stinkin papers.

Last edited:

StonedPone

Wow, this thread brings back memories!!
I remember doing the album weed cleaning pretty regularly, then one day, much later, I found about a joint of bud still in the cover! 🙂
Now, years later, I still open albums slowly just in case there's another treat! 😆