What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOIL BUG NEVER SEEN BEFORE? ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS?

M

metsäkana

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

AND BONUS WHAT IS THIS :DD

IMG_2793.jpg

ALIEN BONUS (NOT A BUG): IMG_3184.jpg

also what are the ''white'' small worms in soil called? i think they break just organic matter too? i would like to know name of them i can add pics of them too laters

M

metsäkana

they dont have wings yeah i know bad pics maybe but if you know the bug then you know if from those pics

M

metsäkana

btw i have hypoaspis mites in my soil so its not that or something that it should it eat

they live in symbiosis it seems

therevverend

Veteran
The cocoon thing is a chrysalis I believe that particular kind belongs to the slake-moth. You don't want to be around when it hatches..

No idea what the other bug is but it looks harmless. No wings is a good sign. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have thousands of them. You can always put a drier medium on top of your soil to cut down on the moist organic matter that bugs like to eat. An inch or two does the trick.

M

metsäkana

i think i try beneficial nematodes if they dont work im pretty sure they just hang around becouse its too cold outside

that cocoon is somekind of alienbug OR POLYPORE :D rock hard lol and filled with woodysubstance no juices
so if it be bug it needed to create life from wood lol

M

metsäkana

i dont know i have white springtails always dont know if they are gray brown

W

WIII_DZOGGER

think it´s called springtails...

harmless insects that live from rotten material.
maybe the earth was too wet... they don´t like it dry.

and yess you´re right they live in symbiosis...

if you don´t like them... put some sand on top of the earth.

:tiphat:

E: MJPassion is right...

the color depends on what they eat...

M

metsäkana

i will double check with local beneficial insect place but yeah could be blackspringtail

they just dont act like the white ones

purple plant is something .. lol that year i had difficulties marking the strains up.. its something semi-auto-auto

i have seeds from that strain too but they open pollinated that might have not catched much pollen..

here pollen fly only like 15metre away i get like few seeds per plant..

i dont know how it travel so far in other places xD

this place had tens of males.. maybe it need thousands and in mountains to travel distances that people claim

year was record cold so thats why its black, normal year i think it would be more purple but maybe same i dont know..

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Pollen is affected by humidity so if it's really humid it may not stay viable for long.

If there is a lot of vegetation and not a lot of wind it may not be able to travel far.

If it was blowing from uphill on a breezy dry day it could travel a lot farther than in a dense valley.

Anyway she is a pretty lady.

I'm always enjoying the myriad of colors cannabis offers us.

Latest posts

Latest posts