What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obtaining cuts.

Hello all. First off I'm not trying to bw that person for a hand out. I have received a few cuts through people on this forum. However to unforseen issues my grow burning down and no not because the room caught on fire. My partner fell asleep with a lot cigarette and burned the whole place to the ground :(

I lost all my mommies. My original PRE 98 Bubba. My Larry og that was legit from the 90s. My gg4. My sour diesel that I believed was the original. And several other.luckily I was so secluded that it all burnt for about an hour and a half before the fire department came and I was also protected under caregiver status in Cali. So nothing could be done by the 5.0 its was all so burnt beyond any recognition or ability to really prove what it was. If any fine members would like to help a devoted Gardner let me know. I would start from seed but I got lots of people that are under my caregiving including a person with epilepsy another with a tumor and myself that has night seizures. Plus many more people for more benign issues insomnia anxiety and others. CBD attains are a plus for the person with epilepsy and my own night seizures. Ive spent over 500 bucks on seeds in over a year aand just can't get the strains that were atrully helping my patients and myself. U could look at my post history and tell I'm no snitch. This is one of my last ditch efforts to find way I need. Any help is much appreciated.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a shitty situation to be in.

Sorry to hear about it and sorry I can't help, or I would.

Now would be the perfect time to pop a few seeds and start a pheno hunt for the next elite. :biggrin:

$500 on seeds, over a year, isn't a whole lot.
I've seen folks purchase $1200+ single orders and some seeds going for twice that per pack, in the past.

LadyGuru

What part of Cali you in? Dark Heart Nursery sells clones all over Cali. They have some really nice new selections right now, IMO. :dance013:

I heard the best way to preserve good genetics is to give them to friends so they can give them back.
I did that. Either the people bailed out of state 2 of them so they killed an off. And the the other just wasn't able to keep the generations going and another is in lock up. Lost em all.:(

What part of Cali you in? Dark Heart Nursery sells clones all over Cali. They have some really nice new selections right now, IMO. :dance013:

Coachella valley. I looked up darkheart already but couldn't find anything near me. Maybe point me in the right direction.

DTOM420

Wish I could help but, unfortunately, I can’t. I’m not sure how getting cuts from random people is going to get you those perfect strains for those that depend on you. Seems like getting seeds from a top tier breeder would get you quality strains quicker than some random assortment of cuts. Contact some breeders directly and discuss the particular needs of your patients, share what you know about the genetics of what you lost with those breeders and see what THEY recommend. Their are some great breeders out there that will be more than happy to help you find what they think will be the most similar from their own product line. For CBD strains I’d talk to CBD Crew first and then I’d talk to Dutch Passion. If you’re strapped for cash, talk to Paul at New420Guy seeds - he’s VERY friendly, knowlegable and willing to work with people to help them. Plus, his seeds are extremely affordable and I’ve found them to as described, very easy to germinate and pretty darn stable in most cases. I love his seeds and genetics.

I don’t know how you feel about autos but I’m coming to really love them. They would allow you to test more genetics at a more rapid rate to find some strains that work for you and your folks. Just a though. It’s tragic what you went through and I totally empathize; but since you don’t have access to your genetics I think you’re going to have to face reality that you’re already back on step one of a journey to find new genetics. Chasing exact replicas of what you had is a fools errand, unfortunately. Your situation should remind folks, that have long relationships with particular genetics, to take the time to backup their genetics occasionally with some seed runs. Seeds may not be as good as a clone but they can be stored discreetly, in pretty large volume in any number of secure locations - even a safety deposit box; and with enough seeds you’re almost assured to find that perfect pheno in the event of a nightmare scenario like yours.

Good luck, brother! I hope you find your way through all this. I can’t imagine.

Latest posts

Latest posts