What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 6 Girls

Fiddynut

Fiddynut - Traceofvenom - Packerfan -

I can't tell you all how grateful I am for your advice, after getting to this point, I don't want these to get compromised in anyway, either too dry or worse mold in a jar. You all have good points to consider.

I could chop and hang right before I go, or shut down the lights and slow the air movement down and let them sit in darkness a week and chop em right when I get back, or chop some but not all.

I look at the GC & SLH this AM through the loupe quickly before leaving and they are pretty clear, and the 1 SLH is really beginning to plump up, hate to cut her early. So I am going to take time tonight and look at the trichomes closely to see where they are at, and make a decision.

What about the 24-48 hours of dark before the chop, Wives tale, or a good practice to follow?

Thanks agin to all you guys for chimming in, much appreciated.

Rocker
Good evening rocker.

I have given my plants none or multiple days of darkness before chop and I don't think it makes a lot of difference. They will be fine either way. I think they still mature without light for at least a few days but don't have any side by side studies to back that up, just my feeling.
If you do chop your plants and let them hang while your gone keep in mind that they will dry much quicker in the tent if you have a good sized fan for air exchange than they would dry, say, in another room of the house. I move like 100cfm through my tent and stuff drys fast in there, even in the summer when I fight to get humidity to 50%. If you turn your air exchange fan off the humidity in your tent will skyrocket. Just a couple things to think about.
________

Magnificat

I tend to go with 12-15 hours of dark before cutting... the extra hours doesn't matter, usually its just me being lazy as i tend to cut on saturday and I like to take it slow after a busy week at work...

I

i0dineAlf

Damn!!!

Damn!!!

Your buds are putting mine to shame! :bow:

That SLH looks amazing...
I always wanted to run that strain.

Can't wait to see everything filled up in jars.

Respect! :tiphat:

PS - Smoke reports please.

rocker

2 down 4 to go

2 down 4 to go

So I chopped the Super Lemon Haze1 and the GreenCrack2 - Funny both were small, compared to the others of the same strain, but were 50-50 clear & cloudy with some amber. So far 3 days upside down and then I am putting them into the freezer to begin cure, as described here on ICM. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186222

Fingers crossed all goes well.

The other four that remain are maturing nicely, 1 Jack Herer and the othr SLH could go longer the other JH and GC are red and looking very ready, but still no amber trich's? I looked this morning. Can a plant have red and brown hairs look super mature but still have clear trich's?

Anyway, I am leaving for holiday travels and need to close down, so my plan is to water them good the morning I leave and shut off the lights and let em sit for 7 full days in dark, and chop em on the 8th day when I get back. So I will keep you updated on the outcome.

Here are some pictures of the 4 remaining girls, close ups of the Super Lemon Haze and Jack that could use more time. I apologize for being in tent red light photo's, blame it on year end busyness.

Thanks i0dineAlf appreciate the comments.

Last edited:

rocker

Green Crack

Green Crack

Here is one of the two that I am drying and will pop into the freezer before heading out of town. According to what I read it will cure up and be ready for a jar in 10-30 days, I will let you know.

rocker

Hit the new year a running

Hit the new year a running

Where did you go... ? :Bolt:

So sorry guys, it has been crazy since New Years, work is super busy all of a sudden and I had family in our house, so I have been quiet.

But I chopped two plants a week before Christmas, hung them for 5 days and into the freezer, these are them.

I heavily watered the last 4 and went away for 8 days, left them in the dark and turned the fans down as not to dry them out. I got home and chopped the last 4 and let them hang for 5 days and then I jarred em up before all the guest came, I had to cook up some garlic too cover all the good aroma.

So they have been in jars for about 10 days, all 6 girls including the 2 from the freezer. one last guest leaves in the morning, then I will get a smoke report, I will say some buds are harsh to smoke but some taste great, and vaping taste awesome already. I did not trim up wet, so I have sugar leaves still, but I just pull em off or trim as I go.

Stay tuned for updates, but I will say freezer cure does work, and it's set and forget.

Last edited:

Fiddynut

So sorry guys, it has been crazy since New Years, work is super busy all of a sudden and I had family in our house, so I have been quiet.

But I chopped two plants a week before Christmas, hung them for 5 days and into the freezer, these are them.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78222&pictureid=1914657&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78222&pictureid=1914656&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I heavily watered the last 4 and went away for 8 days, left them in the dark and turned the fans down as not to dry them out. I got home and chopped the last 4 and let them hang for 5 days and them I jarred em up before all the guest came, I had to cook up some garlic too cover all the good aroma.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78222&pictureid=1914658&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

So they have been in jars for about 10 days, all 6 girls including the 2 from the freezer. one last guest leaves in the morning, then I will get a smoke report, I will say some buds are harsh to smoke but some taste great, and vaping taste awesome already. I did not trim up wet, so I have sugar leaves still, but I just pull em off or trim as I go.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78222&pictureid=1914659&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Stay tuned for updates, but I will say freezer cure does work, and it's set and forget.
Good afternoon rocker.

Good job with those plants and your harvest!
You might find that the buds that buds that are harsh may improve with a little time in the jars.

Magnificat

Hi All,

under a 600W Platinum LED.

Which mfg and model is that? I have a co worker who runs LEDS and his nugs are weak, squishy, small and not nice, so I am going to try and revamp his setup. But it would be helpful to see a decent LED he could invest in if his is too low powered.

Personally I like HPS/MH but you are getting great results so very interested. thanks.

-m

rocker

Hi Magnificat - Thanks for the kind words, I have been impressed with the nugs I ended up with, they are nice and as they cure are getting better.

Advanced Platinum is the brand and it is a P600 full spectrum it is currently $659.00, they are not inexpensive. I just picked up a VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified Reflector Series V600, which was only 160.00, I am planning on setting up a flower tent and will use this on that, maybe both on flower at some point.
I picked up both off of Amazon.

Nice Harvest

Nice Harvest

Yo Rocker!

Happy New Year man! I am digging how the Green Crack looks. Looks to have some purple hues to it. It all looks great! Please report on the high you get from your strains as well as the terpene profile if you would. That'd be awesome!

ps: What is your guess on total weight (rough estimate is fine)

PeAcE-

rocker

Partial Report - Green Crack

Partial Report - Green Crack

So as is the case, busy life I got to this late and forgot how slow and tedious trimming can be, ugh. Anyway what I was able to do was trim up the 2 plants that had been freezer cured, Green Crack 2, and Super Lemon Haze 1.

These two plants were cut 12-16, hung dry for 5 days and went in to the freezer on the 21st, a little more moist that I wanted but due to holiday travel, in they went. I would leave the other 4 plants in dark for 8 days. I thawed them and jarred them on the 4th, so that is 2 weeks in the freezer and now 2 more in the jars. I monitored humidity and burped daily as needed.

So the Green Crack plant weighed up after thawing at 28G's tonight it was 19, down 9G's tonight, I attribute it to smoking and moisture loss. It has a very uplifting clear energetic buzz, very much a Sativa and a sweet sometimes a tangy flavor, I could not be happier with how it turned out. I only wish there was more of it, as it was the smallest of my 6 girls. Pictures are from going into the freezer, untrimmed, trimmed and a close up.

rocker

Super Lemon Haze

Super Lemon Haze

The Super Lemon Haze 1, was the second smallest plant, both of these never got very tall, but looked great with lots of Trich's and matured earliest, allowing me to harvest before leaving town.
SLH weighed 33G's when thawed after 2 weeks in freezer and weighed 23 tonight after 2 more weeks in a jar, again evaporation and smoking is responsible for decrease.
The smoke is sweet with a faint lemon, but some hits are very lemon flavored, I am hoping with more curing time the taste will improve. The high is also sativa like, uplifting and focused, very similar to the Green Crack in the buzz, exactly what I was aiming for. Again, From Freezer, to trim and up close.

Thanks for checking out the thread, it was a fun couple months, and I appreciate all the comments and tips along the way. Next up will be an auto run, got some great strains lined up. I'll get a Jack Herer report to finish up.

Yo Rocker,

Not to shabby my friend. If you can get close to an ounce off each girl giving your grow specs I'd say you did good. The least I got from my girls was 38 grams and the highest I got was 58 grams running 7 girls in a 4x4 under 600-1000 watts MH/HPS. Probably could have got more using more techniques but I am just doing this for personal so I am set for awhile.
Overall I got just over a 1/2 lb of premium grass. I am thinking about getting some green crack beanz. By your report I just might pull the trigger. There are so many choices geez! It's always good to have grow journals like yours to help make a decisions on buying a new strain on rather it's worth the time and money. Thanks for the great reporting!

Peace

Also, Rocker can you describe the aroma of the GC when you sniff them jars? Is it that classic pungent skunky unmistakeable killer smell we all love. You know the kind that would stink through a zip locked baggy.. You know what I'm talking bout!

rocker

Hey Trace,

I don’t have the big aroma from any of the strains but I think it’s more my lack of experience because all three work well. Also each plant has its own characteristics the 2 I reported on were the early harvest, freezer cure plants. The 2Jack Herer’s still curing are less energetic and more of a indica dominant hybrid.
That said the green crack has a tangent taste but the smell is not overwhelming when I crack the jar, but when I open it up, soon the whole room has the sweet skunk fragrance, I love the buzz and it came out as I hoped, big ups. I wish I had cloned it but maybe I’ll try it again down the road.
As for weight, the other SLH was over 2 g’s and one of the Jacks was just under, so I did average a little over an Oz per plant. I vegged the clones 10 days, more time would have improved my yield but my finish date was an issue. I knew my 1st quarter of workhas a lot of travel. In fact I’m sitting on a plane to Mexico City now.
Peace Rocker

Latest posts

Latest posts