What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

Dankwolf

I would have to agree when you start getting the huge fan leafs with 7 or more fingers its a indication your on the right path to get the full potential out of a starin.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome duscussion, Dank and Slownickel

Yea, we are definitely on the same page.
-base Ca saturation
-Ca/Mg ratio
- that unsaid element which should be calculated in base saturations but is not.
- correct food / CEC level

I too have been noticing the 9-11 leaves when the soil minerals are in the goldilocks zone. And I've noticed only 5-7 leaves in my test batches when I go too low or too high with specific inputs.

Wow!!! Glad to hear someone else sees this. Goldilocks zone.. LMAO.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is OGK supposed to get 9 leaves?

Attachments

• 9 fingers.jpg
    9 fingers.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 25

Dankwolf

I am running higher ca on my cotton candy this run because of your threads. Results so far are promising . i also noticed early resin production in veg . leafs seem thicker . but for some reason i am getting more veragation in leafs not sure its related . also my stems are still hollow (showing fast cell division) but have more pith then previous runs so i would expect a higher thc % and denser buds but time will tell . my choice for more ca was diatomaceous earth amended 2 months ahead of time .what would you suggest ?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can also add break many branches to train and they have healed much quicker. My girls are also oozing sap like crazy. Apparent on the big breaks I had to tape up, when they pushed the tape off a few days later you could see the huge accumulation of sap/sugars?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suggest soil analysis. Saw that chlorosis. I would be betting on Mn. What is the pH of your water?

All that carbonate will take forever to become available and at the same time, drive your pH way high. This alone will hurt you.

Dakine

Veteran
lol I didn't need to even ask the question bro. A lot of people are very interested in this project. You had to explain it anyways!!

I didn't read every page but I think the RKS cut or strain was either kicked to the curb because An RKS kinda smell would stink waaay to much for some growers who must keep smells in Check. Or if the quality and yield was good, then they would have probably bred the smell out to be able to keep it in check..I have never grown or heard about the RKS locally.

Dankwolf

lol I didn't need to even ask the question bro. A lot of people are very interested in this project. You had to explain it anyways!!

I didn't read every page but I think the RKS cut or strain was either kicked to the curb because An RKS kinda smell would stink waaay to much for some growers who must keep smells in Check. Or if the quality and yield was good, then they would have probably bred the smell out to be able to keep it in check..I have never grown or heard about the RKS locally.

The crew lost the cut . not up for debate lol

Dankwolf

I suggest soil analysis. Saw that chlorosis. I would be betting on Mn. What is the pH of your water?

All that carbonate will take forever to become available and at the same time, drive your pH way high. This alone will hurt you.

My ph keeped droping to 5.8 to 6 as the peat broke down sence i reuse soiless is why i started to add as need to maintaine a soil ph of 6.7 to 6.8 curently

My water ph is 7.0 to 7.2(well water ) after nutes its about 5.0 before bubbling. And about 6.4 to 6.6 after

I dont bubble any more cause i did a side by side and saw no difference whats so everr.

Dakine

Veteran
Also, I wonder if the thing about more then 7 leaves on the Fans is true haha. During veg , every single fan I had , had a minimum of 9 leafs. Went up to 12 that I saw.. During flower they have some 7s with smaller ones popping out and the rest are about 8-10..

Dankwolf

Yes i ended up keeping a mother of the white for this project ( i would highly not recomend running it by it's self) . after a outdoor attempt yielded gpod results and a smell other the lawn clipings lol . got a musky/mellow rks skunk smell and nothing else . stretch was in check also . if any one is trying the white i would recomend low n then normal and she does ok .

My the white cut came from dark heart nursery and came with pm even though it was suposedly tested and cleared the osu lab .

Last edited:

corky1968

Veteran
I've been using pelletized dolomitic limestone all year long. It provides my plants with both calcium and magnesium.
I just throw a few pellets once in a while in my water and the pellets melt away. Like all supplementation I find less
is more as I hate seeing burned leaves.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dolomite is scary stuff. The plant needs so much more Ca than Mg. Mg can go toxic and is often the problem for too much as you rightfully say more so than not enough.

As well, if you are in alkaline water, a large portion of carbonate calcium will never become available to your plants. It can also drive your ph up and cause all kinds of micronutrient problems as a result.

Been there, done it. Be very careful with Mg. You can put it on foliarly and supply all the Mg your plant needs. It is 100% translocatable from the leaves to the roots. There is no reason to apply it to the roots.

If you are up for the read, might I suggest going over the slow nickel lounge, where we talk about CEC and distributions.

So far, everyone that has done soil analysis has seem the same thing. High Ca = great plant. High Mg= disaster.

Peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts