What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reeferman's Hoa Bac Silver Flower

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I have some of the Hoa Bac Silver Flower also. I really don't want to invest the time in genetics without any support from breeder. I run a limited amount of plants and space is valuable. I did bye a couple packs of Laos Luang Prabang from Gypsy. I will run these in the upcoming season. Yes the breeders on the Ace site and their genetics speak for themselves. If you can't hear very well. THEY ARE GREAT !!! Peace

Reactions: Rgd

regseeds

My outdoor Hoa Bac's are nearly finished, by the end of September, almost certainly. They've been good growers, and looks like they will yield quality smoke. Unfortunately, I have serious doubts about them being pure Vietnamese.

Bought directly from Reef, so I have no reasonable explanation, unless there was a mix-up on his end, or intentional misrepresentation. They were supposedly feminized, but as BaronGB reported, there were males among the seeds I sprouted. Fair bit of sativa in them by appearance, but buds are quite dense. Aroma is pungent fruit and fuel.

I've grown quite a few sativas before, including Thai and Vietnamese, and the bud structure and aroma on these is unlike any SE Asian I've experienced.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67624&pictureid=1650713&thumb=1]View Image [/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=67624&pictureid=1650712&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Did anybody ever truthfully find out what this is, A good friend of mine has passed on hoa bac in regular, Agree with SeedyPast almost 70% sure that's a haze hybrid

the question is what is the other part of the genes

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So anyone smoke this strain? I was looking at it and Reef says it is maybe his best sativa. I have a Dalat going but if this is better well might get a pack. Never gotten any Reef gear. The Golden Temple Kush looks good too, there is someone running that right now, will wait to see how that smokes.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes it is. Goggle it up and the seller will appear. Not sure if talking about banks not affiliated here is ok.

herbgreen

Veteran
Yes it is. Goggle it up and the seller will appear. Not sure if talking about banks not affiliated here is ok.

yeah, I think its still fine to talk about other seedbanks there are a few that are hard to type in here :biggrin:

You realize that 'reeferman genetics' is not charles scott aka 'reeferman'

While he was with GW pharma or whatever his name and cartoon avatar were highjacked

The germination rate on the original Hoa bac was really bad I cant think of anyone who grew it untill the new release

charles Scott is on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/REEFERSEEDS/

I dont know about the whole thing but charles came on here and said he had nothing to do with old school or "reeferman genetics"

Hopefully he just takes his name back....which he may be doing from the looks of his facebook page

Its always a risk but hey it may be interesting and worth a try I'll give you that heck of alot cheaper and seeds might actually germinate.....but who knows what it actually is?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
I have a Dalat going but if this is better well might get a pack.
good luck bro..its one "tough to get decent bud" variety fraught with hermi's and weak plants
BUT
if you get the good one ..don't let her go..

bright sunny happy powerful everything good..but such a long shot

Lugo

Veteran
Heres a picture of the Hau Bac and the original text posted by Charles AKA Reeferman to our FB landrace group in 2021.

Exquisite is the word.

"Phkbrak (hau bac) first generation flower grown from seeds from Dalat Vietnam this is a well cured flower was in the jar for at least 6-8 months when the picture was taken"

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1709514666970.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709514666970.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 44