What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Side by side STS recipe experiment

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
got mine on ebay or amazon, forget which one, i got one from ebay n the other chem from amazon tho cuz i heard if you get um both from same place its suspicious for some reason, most likely unrelated to this.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same here Ebay its cheap 8$ for 4oz. You will never use all of it. Its the Silver about 45$ 25grams with ship/tax..You can get a smaller amount 5 or 10 grams...

StoneyK

Veteran
got mine on ebay or amazon, forget which one, i got one from ebay n the other chem from amazon tho cuz i heard if you get um both from same place its suspicious for some reason, most likely unrelated to this.

Damn I just ordered both of mine from amazon :/
I hope it dont bite me in the booty. this didnt even occur to me, dont photographers use this stuff all the time?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
hate to say it but it seems like the whole thing was a bust. If i break open any seed pod its like it was pollinated, hair died and the thing swole up but hallow, like dud pollen maybe. I havent found a single seed developing.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We need to find the proper recipe MO. I know for a fact others have success.. I'm not sure why we are having issues. I'm still trying to find the answers..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That recipe I gave you guys comes direct from the chemical suppliers...

I'm really sorry you guys aren't having success with it... Not sure what to say.

dank.Frank

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I think it might be strain dependent, not sure tho. Like DF said many have had success with that recipe, and the other one.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
getting the plants to rev is no problem.. Hundreds of male flowers are there.. I just cant get any pollen to drop or see any pollen..I'm not giving up The next 2 are in the tent..I will keep trying until I find the right way or what im doing wrong.

I have not tried rez recipe will check it.. I will see if doing the 2nd appliation 2 weeks later helps as he says..Kaiki also has the 2nd app 2 weeks later.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Thanks for the effort trying to find out whats up Hammer :tiphat: , like mentioned maybe just strain related. Tweaking the recipe may be the fix for those strains. Someone has to do the work and know you will figure it out.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I got pollen but it was hollow pollen. so maybe waiting 2 weeks instead of just one for re-application will do something... That might make it so by the time flowers pop the spray is a bit more recent and its still thinking "male" in its plant-mind.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You mean sterile pollen?. The plants in now are showing stress like recipe #2 but not as bad. This was from CBG recipe.

Meison

I will be trying cs at 40-50ppm 2 times a day for 10 days. You think it would work? Any comments will be appreciated.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update: Both the Sdubb and gg#4 are growing nuts using the CBG recipe... Now I will just have to wait and see if I get pollen to drop..

StoneyK

Veteran
How is your STS project going ???.. I'm still having bad luck.. I contacted Charlie/Kaiki From CBG. I asked him what recipe he used to make his fem seeds...Here it is if interested ....

1g Silver mixed into 60ml RO
6G Sodium mixed into 240ml RO

Mix the 300ml into 600ml RO for a total of 900ml..

Spray at night in cool place 2x. The 2nd application is done 2 weeks after the 1st..

I have ditched all plants that where messed up from other try's.. I got 2 fresh plants 1 Glue and 1 sdubb. I just put the 1st application on using his recipe. I did not have any plants larger than 12" so that's what I used. I'm told this will not matter both plants will get 1-3x larger anyway while flowering...

Im gonna try this mix in the next week or so, I will report back how it works for me.
I will also be usin glue plus one or two others to try an produce some pollen.
Im usin it exactly as described, theres no further dilution required correct???
Just wanna double check before I start sprayin.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope that's what I used. I think it can still be diluted more. That recipe still makes the plants pissed off. I didn't have time to experiment with dilution rates..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GLUE
picture.php

picture.php

SDubb
picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They get pissy when there transitioning to male. Many of the fan leaves get small brown spot's and some get a burnt look like they got to much nutrients... After they grow out of that stage they look better. For the 1st month I would say is when they look the worst.,