What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happened to sub forum for ROLS?

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We merged it back into the main forum. All the topics are still here just spread out by the date of the last post. A search should turn up all the topics.
Burn1

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excellent, it was a bit pointless because most of the talk here in organics is about ROLS anyway.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would agree...as a whole...the way people look at soil in general has gotten so much better in the last 3 or 4 years. It would be a discredit to say it was not in part because of the "ROLS" crowd...but they are certainly not solely responsible.

With much controversy comes much attention...and that crew certainly knew how to stir the pot. But at the same time, all the drama drew in the crowds and people were reading and learning without even realizing it.

But I also think part of that growth process is not really becoming dogmatic...but it is more about understanding the underlying principles and the relationships between various aspects of either amendments or mediums or mycos, etc...and knowing how to implement that knowledge in a manner that is appropriate and effective for you own personal situation.

While it is easy to get stuck in the my organics are better than your organics paradigm...I think those that have stayed and continue to contribute to this site have learned how to share the knowledge and information without berating or belittling...you know, with humility and respect.

That a huge step forward in human interaction regardless of the group of people involved!!!

Much respect to all the organic growers out there in pursuit of producing the very best cannabis possible! :respect:

dank.Frank

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The actual reason it was merged back into the main forum is due to my laziness.
I read all these posts multiple times a day looking for, well... the things a Moderator is supposed to look for.
It was a hassle going through two forums.
There goes my chance at Supermod.:laughing:
Burn1

L

Luther Burbank

It's a lot of fuckin' work, B1! I approve of the merger, it was an unnecessary division.

Siskiyou

Veteran
I really miss the ROLS discussions. I learned a great deal from them and I am very grateful to have been here (mostly lurking) and actively reading while they were happening. The mutual respect of growers actively learning and discussing these topics was inspirational.

Sometimes I am surprised by how quickly forum culture can change, not always for the better.