What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Black

vapor

Veteran
One of the girls i have had my eye on, i have liked the smell since early flower and it is starting to get evil smelling in a very nice way. Different from the others and from the first time i grew them. New blood new sniffers. I took some nanner pollen from the liambas and seeded a few branch of the evil smelling colombian black. We will start some seeds when they dry. The plants are still flowering around 16 or so weeks.... I will get some pics in the dayz to come peace

vapor

Veteran
actually the long flowering plants are hard to revegg sometimes, if you let them go to long. But these colombian blacks last time i revgged they changed over very fast...I am planning on revegging a few of them the evil one for sure, i have a strong male from the colombian blacks i have kept cutts of he was the last to show flower and he has a nice strong smell and vigor loves to grow.....

Garhart

So great to see this. Brings back delightful memories of real quality that was available right before the flood of crappy but still nice regular Colombian started pouring in.
The time it takes is so worth it . I was recently gifted some rather nice sativa seeds that I know nothing about the history of at all, but the results are stunning. I have so come to believe that the time invested is very, very well worth it. I enjoy the sats so much that I have no problem at all with the extra time needed. Thank you so much for the sharing.

vapor

Veteran
Update 125 daze. So they look to me like 4-6 weeks or so and they will be finishing up... What i have learned from growing these longer ladies inside. Well a lot of what some folks say about growing sativa's is just there experience i think. I have found some long flowering plants that eat like stink and ones that hold on to N and don't feed as much some that like to be on the dryer side when watering. etc etc etc. I think these plants are great cause they get you out of the box and challenge your skillz as a grower, the whole range is here but mostly the feeding is a measure of plant size and light strength. Understanding what is going on and how to get to the finish. We have no powdery mildew no mites, no pesticides and 100% organic amended soil. And the forecast for the next 8 weeks is sunshine. many wayz to the same end me thinks is the lesson here. quality being first in mind. I like the yellow leaves that's one of my goal with focus on the resin/bud growth, others may think it is horrible. The goal is a white clean ash and momoterps and resin. the last couple pictures are the evil smelling lady. Thanks for the look folks.

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 70
  • cb3.jpg
    cb3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 68
  • cb4.jpg
    cb4.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 62
  • cb5.jpg
    cb5.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 61
  • cb7.jpg
    cb7.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 67
  • grom thumb
    grom thumb
    31.5 KB · Views: 87
  • cb9.jpg
    cb9.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 65
  • cb10.jpg
    cb10.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 65
  • CB11.jpg
    CB11.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 64
  • cb12.jpg
    cb12.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

vapor

Veteran
Day 165 of flower and it is choppy time.///

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 67
  • cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 60
  • cb3.jpg
    cb3.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 64
  • cb4.jpg
    cb4.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 65
  • cb5.jpg
    cb5.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 62
  • cb6.jpg
    cb6.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 59
  • cb7.jpg
    cb7.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 70
  • cb8.jpg
    cb8.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 69
  • cb9.jpg
    cb9.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 70
  • cb10.jpg
    cb10.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 64

vapor

Veteran
////ps i think i found one real nice girl....

The purple girl{last pic} reako's mucho more then the others....

Attachments

• cb8.jpg
    cb8.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 63
  • cb11.jpg
    cb11.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 66
  • cb12.jpg
    cb12.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 59

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Awesome work Vapor! I have not yet grown any pure Colombian lines, but look forward to it. I love growing Sativas, and Colombian is one of the classics, I must grow it. Anyway keep killing it, and please give us a smoke report!

Mister_D

Veteran
:respect: Vapor. Not many willing, nor able to grow long flowering satvias any more. Hope you enjoy the smoke, I'm certainly envious :biggrin:

Chomba64

Veteran
Nice job Vapor...Takes patience to grow these long flowering sativas.. The Purple Corinto was not very strong, but has its atributes. Mold resistance. Peace

vapor

Veteran
thanks yall! Yes i could see that a couple of the purple corrinto i grew, had the biggest fluff muffins i have ever seen{super thin medusa head buds} huge! would be a great anti mold strategy!
So i have started smoking most of the phenos and most of them are a strong up clear high. I could see how some folks might get a little worried some of them get your heart racing.....I am a pretty heavy user and it satisfies my thc brain requirements for some time before i dose again, i have yet to eat some to gage effects,I am making a decarbed tincture soon{ i use everyday}, so we will see...
Colombian black Great weed. very subtle smells, sneaky strong high. I think folks would be surprised on how much one of these girls will eat. I think next run i will give them a 40 gal of ideal soil{i keep track of my amendments} Got through the whole run no signs of powdery mildew no mites or other bugs, used milk, asa, lithovit, fish foliars{last spray week 11}. No pesticides, 100% organics amended soils....great experience this run thanks for the seed bodhi! they were very very similar to the originals i grew out a few years ago.I think most breeders should take the time to grow these long ladies, i think it gives another angle/lesson that seems to be lost these daze....peace

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Sounds like party weed to me... I love those racy and energetic Sativas. Bodhi doesnt sell these Colombian seeds unhybridized , do they? I haven't seen it for sale anyway. Thanks for any info.