What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Black

hey Vapor!

the terpens are exactly what you have said, when the bud is on the plante, stil alive, you get sharp citrus smels, I woldn´s say lemon, nor orange, but maybe ... orange peels, lemon peels, it has a an adstingent finish to the smell..... it´s quite repulsive actually, when green.... it smells good, but when you get close and stuff the big old nose in the bud and take a big whiff, you get the sensation there is amonia in the bud! hahaha

after curing, it has the best citrus and "after rain smell " kinda like wet dirt....but its not that smell that reeks the room, its verry mellow.

when I lite it up, the taste is verry pronounced, you can really taste the " dirt " you say, but what is funny, is that there is no pine taste, there is no citrus taste, its rock on roasted coffe... and the smell is strooooooong... its not a joint you can fire and hope not to atract atention, when you fire this shit in public, everybody starts looking arround to find where the hell the smell is coming from... and its tha same smell as the taste... pure roasted coffee... and if you smoke in a closed room, the room will smell like SMCG for a long time!

its hard for me to compare to modern hybrids, because where I live the only chance I have to experiment something new, is when I or my friend grow it, we cant go to a shop and buy it.... but compared to stuff we have smoked, I´d say this SMCG is among the best ...... the bad thing is that it take twice the time to flower compared to strains that are also verry good, and yeald a lot more..... with my white russian, I yeald between 35- 60 grams per plant depending on the run.... and with my SMCG I´ve never topped 40g.... but it is sure worth to have a couple of these to pull out on those special ocasions =)

vapor

Veteran
"you get the sensation there is amonia in the bud! hahaha"

Good description. I can see and have smelled some of the things you are talking about with smcg, with the blacks. I like the ammonia smell you use to describe smcg. I think that is the weird dirty smell i have a hard time describing with a few of the blacks.....

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
That sure sounds good Crazyfool, like the SMCG that I remember as a young man. Do you happen to have a picture so we can see what the plant loos like?
Some of the best times I had are burned into my memories with the pounds of Colombian Gold I smoked back then (70's)and I'll never forget the smell and taste of those heavenly chocolate, little buds. I remember starring at them and they looked like nickel sized little balls of hash with seeds and thin orangey golden leaves wrapped around them. It ranked up there in my memory with the best Thai Sticks from back then. I have been searching for that soaring high ever since.
Short story... My little sister came visiting one day in 1972 or 73 and told me she wanted to try smoking some herb and get high for the first time, she was in her 20's and just graduated college. I had the SMGC and some Mexican reg. I wanted her to feel the exhilaration I felt when I smoked that stuff, you could feel in on the first hit pulsing into your veins and taking off on that first hit so I rolled a thin joint of the best I had, the SMCG. She got two hits in her and started to take off, I could see it in her eyes. The stereo was blasting music and we were having a great time for the first few minutes and she was laughing and having a great time and getting real animated and being loud. A little while later I look over where she was sitting and she was all quiet and totally withdrawn, you could tell the experience went inward and she was questioning what was happening. She was tripping in her head and i think all the anti pot propaganda the nuns(catholic school) taught her came at her in her head all at once and she ended up freaked out. Ever since then she never smoked herb again. That stuff is still one the most powerful herbs I have smoked in my life and I will not die without finding that taste and high again, I've made it my life's work and I don't care how long it takes me or how much it ends up costing me in power bills. That's how good I believe the SMGC is.
I still have seeds from those pounds, but nothing I or anyone else has done can get them to come back to life after all these years.
Keep that special one you have and never loose it, make seeds and spread those genes around, before they disappear forever, you have a treasure it sounds like, do not squander this opportunity.

"you get the sensation there is amonia in the bud! hahaha"

Good description. I can see and have smelled some of the things you are talking about with smcg, with the blacks. I like the ammonia smell you use to describe smcg. I think that is the weird dirty smell i have a hard time describing with a few of the blacks.....

yeah, the colombians share a lot of traces, actually, I see many terpene profiles match with south american sativas. :biggrin:

That sure sounds good Crazyfool, like the SMCG that I remember as a young man. Do you happen to have a picture so we can see what the plant loos like?
Some of the best times I had are burned into my memories with the pounds of Colombian Gold I smoked back then (70's)and I'll never forget the smell and taste of those heavenly chocolate, little buds. I remember starring at them and they looked like nickel sized little balls of hash with seeds and thin orangey golden leaves wrapped around them. It ranked up there in my memory with the best Thai Sticks from back then. I have been searching for that soaring high ever since.
Short story... My little sister came visiting one day in 1972 or 73 and told me she wanted to try smoking some herb and get high for the first time, she was in her 20's and just graduated college. I had the SMGC and some Mexican reg. I wanted her to feel the exhilaration I felt when I smoked that stuff, you could feel in on the first hit pulsing into your veins and taking off on that first hit so I rolled a thin joint of the best I had, the SMCG. She got two hits in her and started to take off, I could see it in her eyes. The stereo was blasting music and we were having a great time for the first few minutes and she was laughing and having a great time and getting real animated and being loud. A little while later I look over where she was sitting and she was all quiet and totally withdrawn, you could tell the experience went inward and she was questioning what was happening. She was tripping in her head and i think all the anti pot propaganda the nuns(catholic school) taught her came at her in her head all at once and she ended up freaked out. Ever since then she never smoked herb again. That stuff is still one the most powerful herbs I have smoked in my life and I will not die without finding that taste and high again, I've made it my life's work and I don't care how long it takes me or how much it ends up costing me in power bills. That's how good I believe the SMGC is.
I still have seeds from those pounds, but nothing I or anyone else has done can get them to come back to life after all these years.
Keep that special one you have and never loose it, make seeds and spread those genes around, before they disappear forever, you have a treasure it sounds like, do not squander this opportunity.

yoooo Randy , watz up!? ... well about pictures, long story short, about 2 years ago, cops busted my house, and I had a little trouble with the law, specially, because I´m moderator at a Brazilian weed Forum, and the police try to push on me some absurd charges like, since they coldn´t link me to trafic, because I use it all myself, they were trying to say I traffic clones ...¬¬ yeah right.. good luck on proving that and they also say I was Promoting drugs, because I teach other people what they must do to grow their own! .... and now to top it off, 2 years later the website I mentioned I am a Mod at, did the " 2nd Brazilian cannabis Cup" and posted a video of it on the internet, authoraties got a hold of the video, and wanna charge the owners of the website for drug trafic! ... the whole insident is verry fresh... .... although I was not present at this cup, I prefer to keep a low profile for safety and personal reasons......

so no pictures today, or for a while...hahaha ....
and eaven if I took a picture of her, it woldn´t be verry cool, because I only have her in Veg. My new growroom is no complete, I´m still waiting for ballast, lamp, exaust, to arrive.
This special girl is well kept =) she is one of the few jewls that will stay in my shelter for a long time! a couple of trustee friends also hold her....

well, I can´t promisse you any hurry, but I do intendo on making many seeds in a near future, ya know, to spread the love, and ìm hunting a good papa to do silly things with my girls! ... but to be honest, I´ve been having a hard time finding a good male.... because, I dont want a good male, I want an awsome , super stand out stud to make seeds with, an I´m sure some of these beans will magically appear in your garden, then you can shoufle through them and maybe find what you look for!.....

I´m verry excited about My new paraguay seeds, paraguay has the fame of producing one of the largest quantities of ganja in the world, I might be mistaken, but I think its #1 producer, and also has the fame of producing some of the worst cannabis in the world, and well... I ges I just need to prove them wrong! ... I´ve recieved circa 300 seeds of what my friend says its the " boss´s grass " ... he says its non export weed, suposed to be better then the " gold" wich is compresses sinsemillea brick.... I have always been verry suspicious of this kind of talk, but I had the chance to prove a small sample of " the boss´s grass... and it chivered my bones! it was GOOD dope! .... so I asked him for a couple dozen seeds, and this friend sent me one of those old fotografy film tubes...the black ones with gray lids.... FULL of seeds....I´ll probably germinate batches of 50´s and grow out the top 5, since I´ve got little space to work.....

Skip

Veteran
Why is it called Colombian "Black"? Does it look black? Are the seeds black?

The reason I ask is I once got a half pound of something really black and sticky, with black seeds. I think it was just dipped in oil. It was very flat and dense, about the size of a 10" tablet (a bit thicker tho). My friends who tried it called it "rocket fuel". It was unlike anything I had before or since. This was back in '72.

Possibly the strongest weed I've ever smoked. One, two hits was about all you could handle. Must've been oil but just wondering if it could be this...

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
crazyfool, no worries about the picture, I totally understand. If only the the herb could be just herb and not against the laws, it keeps so many possibilities from becoming reality.
Good luck with your reproduction!

The reason I ask is I once got a half pound of something really black and sticky, with black seeds. I think it was just dipped in oil.
I remember hearing about that stuff back then Skip, it was called both C Black and WackyWeed, it went for the outrageous price of 100.00/oz and I used to think it could not get any better then the Gold I was smokin so I thought it was all hype.
There was also the Colombian Red, said to be a lowland strain and it was a knockout(go to sleep) weed, exact opposite to the Gold.

I wanna try to get the pictures scanned I have of the plants I grew from seeds from that came from the gold, they were huge plants that grew above the roof of my house.

vapor

Veteran
12 weeks flower a way to go yet, sorry about the dead leaves i need to do some house work....

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 58
  • cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 57
  • cb3.jpg
    cb3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 53
  • cb4.jpg
    cb4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 56
  • cb5.jpg
    cb5.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 61
  • cb6.jpg
    cb6.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 47
  • cb7.jpg
    cb7.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 51
  • cb8.jpg
    cb8.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 56
  • cb9.jpg
    cb9.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 46
  • cb10.jpg
    cb10.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 50

vapor

Veteran
more

Attachments

• cb12.jpg
    cb12.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 45
  • cb13.jpg
    cb13.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 43
  • cb14.jpg
    cb14.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 45
  • cb15.jpg
    cb15.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 40
  • cb16.jpg
    cb16.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 48
  • cb17.jpg
    cb17.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 45
  • cb18.jpg
    cb18.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 55
  • cb20.jpg
    cb20.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 55
  • cb21.jpg
    cb21.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 45
  • cb23.jpg
    cb23.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 41
Why is it called Colombian "Black"? Does it look black? Are the seeds black?

The reason I ask is I once got a half pound of something really black and sticky, with black seeds. I think it was just dipped in oil. It was very flat and dense, about the size of a 10" tablet (a bit thicker tho). My friends who tried it called it "rocket fuel". It was unlike anything I had before or since. This was back in '72.

Possibly the strongest weed I've ever smoked. One, two hits was about all you could handle. Must've been oil but just wondering if it could be this...

Hi Skip, how are you?

well, the only reason it is called colombian black, is because of propaganda... generally regional people call the weed by the name of the region that it was cultivated, highland, lowland.... except for more ancient, and traditional lines, that due to its qualities and popularity, has become famous, like the " Punto Rojo" " Mangobitche" ... don´t fool yourself thinking locals go arround sayin the gots a load of Santa Martha Colombian Gold .... teyl just tell you where it was cultivated!... and thats only if you got a direct source! pure SMCG is tough to find these days, it´s all been contaminated by "cripie" - wich is European and North american genetics, cultivated in mountains....

:woohoo:

you are really hitting it Vapor! .... insane room! , is thata a 1Kw Bulb?
whats the source of your Cblacks?

i once did an outdoor grow from breeders choice - colombian black ... and they looked alot like some of your plants , if they are similar to the ones I grew, you are in for a treat! I don´t remember the taste and smell so much, But I remember the high was sooooo spacey, I´d put some chill out at maximum volume, usualy Shongle, or Pedra Branca and go to places far beyond my imagination! :biggrin:

grate work!

C

charlie garcia

Presently whats called cafuche and wacky are pressed bricks, very dark and moldy and full of seeds, low quality
best
kaiki

vapor

Veteran
:woohoo:

you are really hitting it Vapor! .... insane room! , is thata a 1Kw Bulb?
whats the source of your Cblacks?

i once did an outdoor grow from breeders choice - colombian black ... and they looked alot like some of your plants , if they are similar to the ones I grew, you are in for a treat! I don´t remember the taste and smell so much, But I remember the high was sooooo spacey, I´d put some chill out at maximum volume, usualy Shongle, or Pedra Branca and go to places far beyond my imagination! :biggrin:

grate work!

These seeds are from bodhi and i believe they are open pollination from breeders choice Colombian black. I did them a few years ago{breeders choice Colombian black} and got off one run and the cops took my cutting of females for the second run, they look and feel the same as the first time i grew them. Anyways i liked what i seen and smoked{some flowered 26 weeks}, so i wanted to take some time to honor the past and learn what came before all the new wave crippies. If i can find a girl that i like and pass her around to some folks maybe we can have a old fashion CB revival. They look thin and whispy the buds at this point but when you take them a long time they thicken up. Not like new wave crippies, but respectable and loaded with resin. Some better then others. thanks for looking yes they are 1k bulbs///:dance013:

vapor

Veteran
Update flower day 101 this is the first colombian black to come down she was donezo, she is looking exactly like the early finisher last time i ran them. The others are sporting white hairs fresh growth etc. And i think are my choice of buzzo, onward!
There is a few pics of some of the girls that will go longer. peace

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 56
  • cb2.jpg
    cb2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 58
  • cb3.jpg
    cb3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 59
  • cb4.jpg
    cb4.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 54
  • cb5.jpg
    cb5.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 55
  • cb10.jpg
    cb10.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 56
  • cb11.jpg
    cb11.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 54
  • cb12.jpg
    cb12.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 53
  • cb13.jpg
    cb13.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 48
  • cb15.jpg
    cb15.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 61

vapor

Veteran
mucho thanks we are constantly flowering so time is on our side and grows dank from what i can tell. The best is yet to come the longer flowering girlz are the ones that i think give the colombian blacks a great rep, don't get me wrong the early ones are good, just not as good as the longer girlz. One is smelling so much like a super silver haze cutting a grew years ago{zesty mountain fresh}, the rest are lemony citrus, ammonia sniffers of varying degrees.
ps: sorry for the flipped pics i made them straight when i uploaded them but some are still on their sides///

awsome grow Vapor! right on!

i´m preety happy myself, My grow setup is almost done, I only have to get my exaust turned on for the fun to begin! once i get the biatches under the light, I´ll send you a pic of my Santa Martha blondie :)

vapor

Veteran
awsome grow Vapor! right on!

i´m preety happy myself, My grow setup is almost done, I only have to get my exaust turned on for the fun to begin! once i get the biatches under the light, I´ll send you a pic of my Santa Martha blondie :)

Good luck looking forward to seeing some real smcg!:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts